Liked or disliked Avery Wedding Dress

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Blue 501

Re: Liked or disliked Avery Wedding Dress

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:58 pm

Quote Lizzytish: What a disappointment -- it looked more like a nightgown than a wedding dress. Especially didn't like the neckline. Women with large busts should stay away from the V-neck style.

Well, I guess TIIC knew she wasn't going to make it to the altar, so they didn't put much effort into it.

I had to keep reading until I found someone I agreed with. I thought it looked like a night gown too. It was too clingy, too much cleavage, and reminded me of the night gowns in old Sears catalogues.

gardengal

Postby gardengal » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:08 pm

Quote Blue 501:
Quote Lizzytish: What a disappointment -- it looked more like a nightgown than a wedding dress. Especially didn't like the neckline. Women with large busts should stay away from the V-neck style.

Well, I guess TIIC knew she wasn't going to make it to the altar, so they didn't put much effort into it.

I had to keep reading until I found someone I agreed with. I thought it looked like a night gown too. It was too clingy, too much cleavage, and reminded me of the night gowns in old Sears catalogues.

Count me in on the dress appearing like a nightgown out of the past. Draping the shawl just made me think she was donning a dressing gown. The shame of it is Avery has a lovely curvacious figure. Too bad they don't dress for the curves that quite a few men would go ga-ga over.

janesBydiction

Postby janesBydiction » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 pm

I didn't care for it. Frankly I haven't seen a wedding dress that I liked on this show for several years.

A fan since way back

Postby A fan since way back » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:51 pm

plain and simple but beautiful!
she looked like a goddess.

BobbiSox

Postby BobbiSox » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:02 pm

David Tutera would have fainted. Horrible choice. And what was that pink thing thrown over the whole mess? A picnic blanket? A poncho? A serape? Just awful.

Piperay

Postby Piperay » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:26 pm

I didn't like it. It was too clingy and emphasized every slight bump and bulge making them look bigger.

GCresident

Postby GCresident » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:08 pm

Did not love it. For an attorney marrying the son of the city's richest man, she should be wearing a better looking dress. I guess the show really has a cheap budget. And she should not be driving herself to the wedding. Whatever happened to limousines ???

calliope

Postby calliope » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:53 pm

I wouldn't choose it but I thought it was okay for a wedding in the park. I actually did not think the cleavage was bad. The dress reminded me of an old roman or Greek cut. The shawl was to cover so Dylan didn't see the dress. It could have been a classier cover up.

Catz-Meow

Postby Catz-Meow » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:40 am

Quote BobbiSox: David Tutera would have fainted. Horrible choice. And what was that pink thing thrown over the whole mess? A picnic blanket? A poncho? A serape? Just awful.

Agreed!! Just awful.

Savoy

Postby Savoy » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:21 am

I didn't care for the dress, I was expecting something more elegant for Avery's wedding gown.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”