Isn't Paul the Chief of Police?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
darny

Isn't Paul the Chief of Police?

Postby darny » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:04 am

Then why is he still doing Private Investigator work? Since when is looking for Nikki's child a police issue? I wish the writer's would be more creative. It seems funny that Nikki is following the same path as Katherine when she was looking for her child that she gave up.

Supercouplevilly

Re: Isn't Paul the Chief of Police?

Postby Supercouplevilly » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:10 am

He is doing it as a friend. If you know someone that can do what you need, why wouldn't you go to them, makes perfect sense to me.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:43 am

Sure but a ad one his friends never go to jail

Paggie

Postby Paggie » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:59 am

Quote darny: Then why is he still doing Private Investigator work? Since when is looking for Nikki's child a police issue? I wish the writer's would be more creative. It seems funny that Nikki is following the same path as Katherine when she was looking for her child that she gave up.

They are close friends and he is the only one she can trust with this secret. They were in the cult together as teens so he's the only one who would know the background to her trauma. Him being Police Chief is irrelevant. This is personal. Plus she knows he he has the investigative knowledge to help her. And it's digging up the show's history! Nice to see Nikki and Paul interacting again and that whole relationship. Hope we get flashbacks!

Cuid1

Postby Cuid1 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:37 am

Since Paul has to keep this whole thing a secret, Christine might see Paul helping Nikki from a different perspective. Especially if Paul starts spending a lot of time communicating with Nikki about her lost son.

dramaqueen333

Postby dramaqueen333 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:42 am

Quote darny: Then why is he still doing Private Investigator work? Since when is looking for Nikki's child a police issue? I wish the writer's would be more creative. It seems funny that Nikki is following the same path as Katherine when she was looking for her child that she gave up.

Paul has been one of Nikki's friends since they were teens. He is probably her longest running and closest friend at this point. He had his own detective agency for decades so she trusts him to keep a secret and find out what she needs to know.

djpp

Postby djpp » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:43 am

Quote Supercouplevilly: He is doing it as a friend. If you know someone that can do what you need, why wouldn't you go to them, makes perfect sense to me.

Even though Nikki has ditched Paul and Jack time and again for Victor, Paul and Jack would both always do anything they can to help Nikki. If she wanted either one of them back again, they'd both fall head over heels to do her bidding. As ridiculous as that is, that's how they are in regard to Nikki. So for Nikki to ask Paul to look into finding her long-lost child is really no big deal. She rich and wants to keep it a secret, and she knows she can trust Paul. That makes complete sense.

Cuid1

Postby Cuid1 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Quote djpp:
Quote Supercouplevilly: He is doing it as a friend. If you know someone that can do what you need, why wouldn't you go to them, makes perfect sense to me.

Even though Nikki has ditched Paul and Jack time and again for Victor, Paul and Jack would both always do anything they can to help Nikki. If she wanted either one of them back again, they'd both fall head over heels to do her bidding. As ridiculous as that is, that's how they are in regard to Nikki. So for Nikki to ask Paul to look into finding her long-lost child is really no big deal. She rich and wants to keep it a secret, and she knows she can trust Paul. That makes complete sense.
I don't about Paul getting all giddy and bidding for Nikki's love at this point. Atleast not when he finally got back with Christine who he always proclaimed as the love of his life.

waters edge

Postby waters edge » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:50 pm

I hope that Paul will be the father of Nikki's lost child. Victor is not going to like that Nikki kept this from him. Once more Nikki will get a tongue lashing from him with his finger stuck up in her face.

Cass Eno

Postby Cass Eno » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:32 pm

I was hoping that Paul would be the father too.,
Especially after what happened with Ricky.
It would have been nice for Paul to have another chance even though the child is an adult now.

But I still think the story is really reaching.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”