Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
alanadz

Re: Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith

Postby alanadz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:09 am

Quote Maria Maria101: Nick needs to be the father and Faith needs to be the child. You do not speak to adults the way Faith has spoke to Avery and Nick. She need a good old fashion hand.

I cannot believe you people are condoning this little girls actions. Do your children act like that, I hope not.

Sharon need a good hand on the backside to and some mental help. She has messed up her child mentally.

ITA. Faith would be just fine with Avery IF her mother was giving her a daily dose of hate Avery. If not for Sharon's manipulation, Faith would be very happy with her new stepmother.

weatherholt3

Postby weatherholt3 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:18 am

Quote alanadz:
Quote Maria Maria101: Nick needs to be the father and Faith needs to be the child. You do not speak to adults the way Faith has spoke to Avery and Nick. She need a good old fashion hand.

I cannot believe you people are condoning this little girls actions. Do your children act like that, I hope not.

Sharon need a good hand on the backside to and some mental help. She has messed up her child mentally.

ITA. Faith would be just fine with Avery IF her mother was giving her a daily dose of hate Avery. If not for Sharon's manipulation, Faith would be very happy with her new stepmother.

Maybe I missed some show but I never heard Sharon bad mouth Avery in front of Faith

jilltidwell

Postby jilltidwell » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:24 am

Quote weatherholt3:
Quote alanadz:

Maybe I missed some show but I never heard Sharon bad mouth Avery in front of Faith

I haven't never heard her do it.

LJMOM812

Postby LJMOM812 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:26 am

Quote JRTA:

Sharon definitely needs mental help. However Faith's actions are only partially a result of Sharon's actions. (to be clear, YES, Sharon shares blame in this, before the garbage of Sharon is never be blame starts) Nick shares equal blame on that, because of his actions over the years. If he stopped and thought with his head/about his kids first, and put his libido aside/kept his pants on Faith would have had some stability.

Instead Faith has been bounced around so much in her young life and watched people come and go so much, it's no wonder the kid is having issues. That is on both Sharon and Nick's heads.

Such a good post JRTA. And so true. I think NIck is actually more to blame in this situation because he is completely disregarding his child's feelings regarding his marriage to Avery. His commitment should be to his children first in everything he does; and his child has expressed her feelings about his marriage to Avery at this time. It is just too soon to go barreling into another marriage. He needs to spend more time with Faith and get to the bottom of why she feels the way she does about Avery. I know everyone says that Sharon is brainwashing Faith, but that seems extreme and I just don't see it. I mean Faith already was against the relationship before Sharon's delusions started. Sharon isn't strongly discouraging Faith's hatred; but I would think many ex-wives aren't constantly propping up their ex-husbands future wives. Children like and don't like people for their own reasons. Maybe on some level Faith is picking up on the fact that Avery is still in love with Dylan. If you ask me, Faith is doing Avery a favor by acting out this way. Bottom line, this marriage is a bad move.

Licorice_423

Postby Licorice_423 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:27 am

Quote weatherholt3:
Quote alanadz:

I don't think she ever did any of that. I see it as she kept telling Faith how they were going to be a family over and over again making Faith think that they were. She sees Avery as the one who is stopping that from happening thus transfers hate to Avery because Avery is the one stopping them from becoming a family. Sharon didn't outright tell Faith to hate Avery, but filling her head with fantasies of this perfect family inadvertently led to this. IMO

weatherholt3

Postby weatherholt3 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:32 am

Quote laurie6: I don't think Nick should force Faith to go to the wedding, But I do think he needs to be stern with her. Faith is being very disrespectful and that should not be tolerated. She needs to realize that just because she wants her mommy and daddy together doesn't mean it will happen. I blame both parents for her behavior right now.

We all see things differently I don't see Faith as being disrespectful I see her as a little girl showing how she feels the only way she knows how, the way I see it instead of Nick telling(or bullying) her to go get dressed for the wedding because he can't be late for his own wedding he should of said why don't we sat down and talk about why you feel the way you do about Avery and me marrying her, but to me he should of talked to her when she tore up the pictures Avery cut of her wedding, to find out what was going on with her but instead all he said was she'll come around.... but we all parent in different ways.

djpp

Postby djpp » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:39 am

Quote weatherholt3: Does Nick really think he is going to get Faith to like Avery by bullying her into going and being in the wedding, he is only going to make her hate Avery more.I thought Nick was a dick to Faith today and being very selfish, and talking about two people who isn't really sure about getting married it is Nick and Avery, Leslie seen it in Avery today, and Avery was trying to talk herself into it today.

It's obvious they rushed into the wedding. They barely even know each other. And Avery has changed from this sensitive, righting the wrongs lawyer to a woman who looks more comfortable in a strip joint. What's up with that anyway? Nick keeps talking about memories of when he was with Sharon, and it seems like the things he likes about Avery are things he shared with Sharon when they were first married. Sharon used to be the Susie Homemaker and bake and cook. When he's with Sharon and Faith, he seems more at home and happy. They have a family atmosphere that is warm and just seems right. Avery is just eating and sex. I just don't see that "relationship" lasting. If Nick isn't nicer to Faith, he's going to lose the only daughter who is really his -- because I still wonder if Sharon was really capable of changing those test results. First, she couldn't have had access to the lab. Even if she got into the lab, she couldn't sign onto the computer without a password. Then how does she operate software she's never been on to figure out how to change paternity test results? I don't believe it's possible. Plus, Sharon was hallucinating at the time that Nick was coming "home" and kissing her, and she's been hallucinating that she's talking to a grown up Cassie. Than again, this is one of the most fakey soaps on Earth. If the paternity test is really changed, I won't be pleased.

Licorice_423

Postby Licorice_423 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:40 am

Quote weatherholt3:
Quote laurie6: I don't think Nick should force Faith to go to the wedding, But I do think he needs to be stern with her. Faith is being very disrespectful and that should not be tolerated. She needs to realize that just because she wants her mommy and daddy together doesn't mean it will happen. I blame both parents for her behavior right now.

We all see things differently I don't see Faith as being disrespectful I see her as a little girl showing how she feels the only way she knows how, the way I see it instead of Nick telling(or bullying) her to go get dressed for the wedding because he can't be late for his own wedding he should of said why don't we sat down and talk about why you feel the way you do about Avery and me marrying her, but to me he should of talked to her when she tore up the pictures Avery cut of her wedding, to find out what was going on with her but instead all he said was she'll come around.... but we all parent in different ways.

At what point is enough, enough? We have seen him sit down with Faith too many times now to talk this through. The first time sitting down and talking is perfectly fine. After that, it just becomes letting Faith get away with being disrespectful to an adult. They are NEVER stern with her. Nick should have insisted on her talking to a therapist/child psychologist after the first couple of outbursts if she has that much hatred toward someone who has done nothing to her.

laurie6

Postby laurie6 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:08 pm

Quote weatherholt3:

Nick doesn't know how to discipline his kids, Faith to me is being very disrespectful now but IMO that is Nick's fault for allowing her to think she can. It is fine if Faith doesn't like Avery she is entitled to her feelings but acting the way she is shouldn't be allowed. I also don't think Nick should try to force her to go to the wedding because that will just make things worse.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:31 pm

Last time I checked Faith has two parents. Nick isn't the one filling her head with lies and poison about Avery. If Nick had punished her or forced her to go to the wedding, Faith would have blamed Avery for turning her daddy against her.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”