SPOILER! Katherine's Will.... The BIG Winner is...

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
sweetasarose

Re: SPOILER! Katherine's Will.... The BIG Winner is...

Postby sweetasarose » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:46 am

Jill does not own the Chandler mansion. Katherine left 1/2 of what Katherine owned. So that should mean she now owns 3/4 of the mansion.

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:36 am

This has not been shown in the U.S. yet.. but it makes me sick.. Devon with all of that money?? How in the H*LL does he know what to do with that much money?.. unless they plan to write Devon out.. give him enough money for him to leave and start his own music business... I say good riddance.. I can't stand Devon. MAB creasted that stupid mess by making Devon Katherine's grand child. MAB created that stupid story line about Katherine giving up her child.. first it was a girl.. then it was a boy.. then Tucker comes to town.. who has hooked up with a crack head.. and the street kid turns out to be Tucker's and the crack head.. OHhhhhhh yeah, that was great writing.. and people have the nerve to complain about JG and JFP??

I hope Devon is on his way out..

I'll take Dylan, Avery, Chelsea and Adam any day over that mess.

StinkyCat

Postby StinkyCat » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:46 am

Quote sweetasarose: Jill does not own the Chandler mansion. Katherine left 1/2 of what Katherine owned. So that should mean she now owns 3/4 of the mansion.

Right now, it is all up to our own interpretation of the verbiage of the will.
I live in the US so haven't actually seen it, only read about it here, and may change my mind once I see it.

"Chancellor Estate" is her mansion and the grounds it sits on. Years ago, Jill got half of it and Catherine the other half, because of Philip Chancellor. That is why they both lived there. The way I am interpreting it, Catherine gave Jill her half, which makes Jill the sole owner. It would be difficult to split the quarters between Murphy, Brock, Mac, Phillip, Nina, etc...

On the other hand, Catherine's "Estate" is everything else, her bank accounts, stock, other investments, personal treasurers, etc. She was a very wealthy woman and it sounds like, to me, that half of that is the $2+ billion that Devon inherited, Murphy would get his quarter (a huge amount in itself), and the rest split between the others. The group that inherited the "Estate" get the non "Chancellor Estate" property.

I still don't understand the "Chancellor Industries" part of the Will as I would have thought it was a part of her "Estate" but there may be other investors, Victor? Current people talking about it are Adam & Jack wanting to take it over and Victor adamantly saying No... And Catherine wanting to keep that part of the Will "private" for the time being means that it will be a storyline in itself soon/someday.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:57 am

Quote sweetasarose: Jill does not own the Chandler mansion. Katherine left 1/2 of what Katherine owned. So that should mean she now owns 3/4 of the mansion.

Phillip Chancellor left his half of the house to Jill. If Kay is now leaving her the half she owned, Jill owns the entire mansion now but feels she was shafted & tries to throw a music box at Kay's portrait. What a petulant child. She has half the Fenmore fortune. Isn't she ever rich enuough? (no).
I feel sorry for Esther that she was only left a stipend AND has to remain with the mansion. If I were Esther, I would use my pension to hire a new maid so that I did not have to wait on Jill for the rest of my life.

CdnMama

Postby CdnMama » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:50 am

Quote Blue 501:

Phillip Chancellor left his half of the house to Jill. If Kay is now leaving her the half she owned, Jill owns the entire mansion now but feels she was shafted & tries to throw a music box at Kay's portrait. What a petulant child. She has half the Fenmore fortune. Isn't she ever rich enuough? (no).
I feel sorry for Esther that she was only left a stipend AND has to remain with the mansion. If I were Esther, I would use my pension to hire a new maid so that I did not have to wait on Jill for the rest of my life.

So Jill gets the mansion, shouldn't that be enough for her? I cannot believe that Devon got all that money. It's not fair at all to her other grandchild or to her bio children. Mac and Devon should have gotten equal amounts. And Tucker should have gotten something besides records! Ridiculous. Brock and Mac should have gotten more. Billy should have been included in the will. Esther should have been given more money and not have to stay on as a maid in order to get it, either. Will does not make sense at all!!! I was like, really???? this is crazy. Nikki would have gotten something more as well, besides writings. I can see her getting jewellrey too. Well, to give everything to Devon seems to be throwing the history of Mrs C's family out the window. For Mac and Brock not to be given as much as Devon is terrible.

Gideon58

Postby Gideon58 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:14 am

Katherine's guilt about Devon and not being the grandmother to him that she wanted to be ate away at her constantly, not to mention the fact that Devon initially pushed her away when he learned that she was his grandmother and I hope he starts feeling some of the guilt that Katherine did as he accepts that big fat inheritance. Devon has always been so holier-than-thou and judgmental toward EVERYBODY, it would be nice if his actions backed up his mouth and he refuses Katherine's inheritance because he really doesn't deserve it or better yet, donates it all to some important charity. If he keeps that money, he will be the biggest hypocrite in Genoa City and that's saying a lot.

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 am

deleted...double post.

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:31 am

Quote CdnMama:
Quote Blue 501:

So Jill gets the mansion, shouldn't that be enough for her? I cannot believe that Devon got all that money. It's not fair at all to her other grandchild or to her bio children. Mac and Devon should have gotten equal amounts. And Tucker should have gotten something besides records! Ridiculous. Brock and Mac should have gotten more. Billy should have been included in the will. Esther should have been given more money and not have to stay on as a maid in order to get it, either. Will does not make sense at all!!! I was like, really???? this is crazy. Nikki would have gotten something more as well, besides writings. I can see her getting jewellrey too. Well, to give everything to Devon seems to be throwing the history of Mrs C's family out the window. For Mac and Brock not to be given as much as Devon is terrible.

Tucker does not need money. He is worth billions himself. She game him something that meant something to her AND him. Music collection. That makes sense.

Kay also said a while ago that she would give Devon her life's work. I don't know what that meant but apparently it meant 2.5 Billion dollars.

Neither Brock nor Mac are interested in money and as someone else stated earlier, Brock told her that he would give all the money to charity if she gave it to him. In that situation, I wouldn't have given him the bulk of my estate either. Mac is interested in charities but Devon is interested in music. She probably wanted to leave him enough so that he could pursue that and build his own label...so that money would not be an option for him so he could make a choice that wasn't dependent on that. But I have a feeling that even with his newfound wealth, Devon will discover that he cares more about family legacy, CI, than he does about music. At least I hope so.

Murphy also received 2.5 Billion dollars, which is more than Mac and Brock. That would be something that I think people would complain about more so than Devon who is her blood. besides, I think Kay had a lot of guilt where Devon and Tucker were concerned. That might be why she left Devon more...or she felt like he needed more than they did.

ajsp35801

Postby ajsp35801 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:34 am

Quote Gideon58: Katherine's guilt about Devon and not being the grandmother to him that she wanted to be ate away at her constantly, not to mention the fact that Devon initially pushed her away when he learned that she was his grandmother and I hope he starts feeling some of the guilt that Katherine did as he accepts that big fat inheritance. Devon has always been so holier-than-thou and judgmental toward EVERYBODY, it would be nice if his actions backed up his mouth and he refuses Katherine's inheritance because he really doesn't deserve it or better yet, donates it all to some important charity. If he keeps that money, he will be the biggest hypocrite in Genoa City and that's saying a lot.

Why does Devon need to give his inheritance away just because he was justified in pushing Katherine away...uhm no. When she decided to give him that money they were on GOOD terms...and remained so until her death. Devon should keep his inheritance. At least he is not Jack who swindled John into giving him more than what John had intended. Now that is a man who didn't deserve his inheritance.

It's not like Devon even expected to get that money. He daydreamed about her leaving him her record collection. Not money. If anyone deserves billions it is Devon.

On a Clear Day

Postby On a Clear Day » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:04 pm

Devon acted like a total jackazz to Katherine when he found out she was his grandmother. He was a pompous jerk to both her and Tucker. Any other person would have been jumping for joy to a have new granny with billions who was also nice and supportive. I hate that these writers left so much to his ungrateful butt.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”