Paul raped his wife & killed his son...WTF Wedding

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Monsoon

Re: Paul raped his wife & killed his son...WTF Wedding

Postby Monsoon » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:45 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Monsoon:
Quote Paggie:
Quote Scotia:
Quote calliope: Perhaps you both should check long time history...and short time! Katherine told Paul to go for it in her letter. Paul felt he raped Cricket but she did not! That is why she chased him to CA.
I probably shouldn't have responded to this. In hindsight I guess it is a bait thread and I bit!

I am sorry, I didn't mean to respond to a bait thread. I honestly was just curious, however I feel very bad if I have broken any rules.

What is a bait thread? As I said, I am a fairly new fan, and I didn't know any of this history and I was merely interested. Sometimes I get quite intimidated when I post something and I find I have said or done something wrong. I think in future I will stick to read only, it might be safer, as I have made a couple of mistakes in responding on a topic.

I am signing off, read only in the future!

All the best, and I am sorry for getting involved in this post.

No no. You did nothing wrong! Hope you check back in to read this. Please join in the conversations here and elsewhere. You'll get used to the flow of posts - for better or for worse! We all have to start somewhere! LOL!

The OP was stating an opinion which could have been interpreted as trying to stir things up just for the sake of controversy and self satisfaction rather than advance discussion. Or perhaps to annoy a particular fan base. That's a "bait post". I'm not sure of the motivation in this particular one.

Back history can often be taken out of context and reading that you were a newer viewer I responded in the hopes of clarifying Paul Danny Nina and Christine's back history. There is a great web site giving Y & R characters story history you might enjoy if you are a newer viewer:

soapcentral.com/yr/whoswho/index.php

No wonder so many don't want to post here.. just because someone starts a thread that someone else does not like does not make it a bait thread.. we also have the right to not respond.. but calling every single thread that has a different opinion a BAIT thread is just a way to make even less people post..

who cares if someone saw something different.. we are allowed..
I am of the opinion that Paul did rape Christine. In my world No means NO and she said NO.. and he decided to go for it anyway.And he did shoot his son..

So to the OP ...feel free to post what you want.. Not all of us think this is a bait thread.. just a thread where you said what you felt.. carry on.

I hope Scotia reads this thread and decides to post again. As I look around, so many people that used to post here no longer do. It can truly be intimidating and for new posters especially. If that had happened to me when I first started posting here you can bet I would have certainly thought twice about posting again!

LOL But I'm pretty good at ignoring posts now!

I hope she keeps posting too.. we need more posters not less.

Lady Strawberry

Postby Lady Strawberry » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:50 am

WOW!! Reading this thread has really helped me. I did not know that there was an official name as "bait thread". I have definitely read posts about characters and I am left trying to figure out what the poster is even talking about because NOTHING has played out on the screen to support what is being said. The poster is basically saying a lot of negative stuff and the scenes the we actually SEE don't express anything they are talking about. I am always wondering how they can say such horrible things when the actual scenes are not saying anything that matches the cruel things that are being said. I have looked at episodes again thinking I must have missed something. Saying cruel things that about something that happens is one thing, but for scenes to be clearly displaying one thing but your posts reflects on something that clearly isn't even happening just because you hate the character that much or just wish the character made another decision or that the storyline just didn't take the route that you wanted doesn't seem fair.

Lady Strawberry

Postby Lady Strawberry » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 am

I have NO PROBLEM with posters not always being in agreement and I truly feel that NO ONE should STOP posting because his/her opinion is different.

But I clearly feel that there is a difference between a different opinion than the person who makes up facts or discusses the character in a very negative tone for scenes or conversations that are NOT playing out on screen.

For instance if I say Lily does not love Cane because all she does is think about Tyler. Well, on my screen I have not seen Lily think about or talk about Tyler for quite a while. So to say that now about her character even if she did think about him a few months ago is NOT accurate NOW. How can I say that NOW when no recent scenes support that. IMO, it would not be right to say that NOW unless I turn on my TV and see it happen this week. I think if less things like this were done on this site or any other site, posters would not get so upset or would not stop posting.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:16 am

Quote Lady Strawberry: WOW!! Reading this thread has really helped me. I did not know that there was an official name as "bait thread". I have definitely read posts about characters and I am left trying to figure out what the poster is even talking about because NOTHING has played out on the screen to support what is being said. The poster is basically saying a lot of negative stuff and the scenes the we actually SEE don't express anything they are talking about. I am always wondering how they can say such horrible things when the actual scenes are not saying anything that matches the cruel things that are being said. I have looked at episodes again thinking I must have missed something. Saying cruel things that about something that happens is one thing, but for scenes to be clearly displaying one thing but your posts reflects on something that clearly isn't even happening just because you hate the character that much or just wish the character made another decision or that the storyline just didn't take the route that you wanted doesn't seem fair.

I don't really think that this was intended as a bait thread. Just a case of someone seeing things a certain way. Which is certainly their right. If I disagree, I normally just scroll past and post with someone I do agree with. My scrolling gets a real work out some days! LOL

Lady Strawberry

Postby Lady Strawberry » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:26 am

Oh I am not talking aboout this particular thread because I don't have any knowledge about Paul being a rapist so I couldn't comment on that one way or another. But understanding that bait threads do exist is what I meant. I am NOT accusing the OP as making this a bait thread.

lvsdasnow

Postby lvsdasnow » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:27 am

Quote calliope: Perhaps you both should check long time history...and short time! Katherine told Paul to go for it in her letter. Paul felt he raped Cricket but she did not! That is why she chased him to CA.
I probably shouldn't have responded to this. In hindsight I guess it is a bait thread and I bit!

I know how you feel. One never knows how to address a post. Most of the time I just post without doing the reply. Paul would have never continued with Cricket if he thought she was serious. You are so right about that. Katherine knew Cricket loved Paul and he the same.
Paul and Katherine always thought alot of each other. Would not surprise me if Katherine didn't leave something for Paul in her WILL. :)

calliope

Postby calliope » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:42 am

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote Lady Strawberry: WOW!! Reading this thread has really helped me. I did not know that there was an official name as "bait thread". I have definitely read posts about characters and I am left trying to figure out what the poster is even talking about because NOTHING has played out on the screen to support what is being said. The poster is basically saying a lot of negative stuff and the scenes the we actually SEE don't express anything they are talking about. I am always wondering how they can say such horrible things when the actual scenes are not saying anything that matches the cruel things that are being said. I have looked at episodes again thinking I must have missed something. Saying cruel things that about something that happens is one thing, but for scenes to be clearly displaying one thing but your posts reflects on something that clearly isn't even happening just because you hate the character that much or just wish the character made another decision or that the storyline just didn't take the route that you wanted doesn't seem fair.

I don't really think that this was intended as a bait thread. Just a case of someone seeing things a certain way. Which is certainly their right. If I disagree, I normally just scroll past and post with someone I do agree with. My scrolling gets a real work out some days! LOL

This is why I seldom post so early in the morning. My fingers engage before my brain does!

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:03 am

Debate can be fun (& intellectually stimulating for some of us with tired old brains) but we should all try to be respectful to one another. It is the right thing to do, to be good sports while we are here.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:12 am

Quote calliope:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

This is why I seldom post so early in the morning. My fingers engage before my brain does!

LOL Me too. More times than I can count I wish I could come back and edit but it's too late. LMAO

jacksmyguy

Postby jacksmyguy » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 am

Quote Paggie:
Quote Scotia:
Quote rip_ricky: Paul raped his wife and killed his son!

Does Y&R realize Danny Romalotti is Kay's adored stepson?!? Kay was married to his father, Rex Sterling!

Kay would NEVER want to hurt Danny & NINA by having Cricket and the Rapist Son-Killer marry at her funeral!

How could The Rapist and The Bug do that to Nina and Danny? BEYOND AWFUL!!! LIke Kay was spending her last days writing PAUL! As if!!! GMAFB!!! ~) ~) ~)

That WTF Wedding was beyond Tacky and GROSS!!!

Wow, I didn't know any of this. You are correct, Kay would never give her blessing. Knowing this, did she have anything to do with Paul? Why would there be a letter for him? I guess the writers rely on us fairly new viewers who don't know the history, when they reinvent the past.

I am glad there are people like you who can pick them up on this, it is sad they feel they can ignore the longtime fans just to write a story line.i find it fascinating to hear the true history of the old characters from people like yourself. Keep up the good work!

They are not reinventing the past. Paul and Katharine had been friends for 30 years! He has helped her out on many occasions and they had great love and respect for each other. Paul and Christine were together for 10 years so Katharine knew all about their back history and their love for each other very well.

Paul and Nina never had a great love affair - they were more like good friends and their relationship was mostly off screen. Nina knew that she would always come second to Christine in Paul's heart. It's not like she was blindsided. They had already talked about this inevitability when she broke off with him last November.

Danny was more into Chris than she was to him. They had the chance to reconnect but it obviously was not what Chris wanted or she could have gone away with him - twice. She made her choice. After she reunited with Paul she went to Philadelphia to visit Danny and explain what had happened. So he knew they were together.

Katharine's message to the people she loved was don't waste time - move on. Her message was just as true for Danny and Nina as it was for Chris and Paul. Nina's letter from Katharine said to let go. And she did. So I don't see the problem here. All the back story bases are covered. New beginnings for everyone. Just as Katharine wanted.

So what does Paul supposedly raping his wife (which he didn't) or killing his son (who was about to kill a woman - again) have to do with him marrying Chris?

I am in complete and total agreement with you. Sounds like the complaining is coming from a Danny Romalatti groupie and this character has been largely off the show for years now.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”