One More Jeanne/Katherine tribute

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
miladytn

One More Jeanne/Katherine tribute

Postby miladytn » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:36 pm

There have been many threads about Katherine’s memorial service and I don’t know which one to reply to now. I did not watch the show the day it aired and just now watched it at CBS dot com, and still crying! LOL. So please forgive me for making yet another thread but I wanted to make a couple of points.

I believe that there is a brief clip of Brenda Dickson as Jill. In the CBS video I just watched, it is the flashback that starts at 6:40 into the video. I think that is Brenda, not Jess.

Also, about the Paul/Chris wedding. I think Murphy purposely gave Paul’s letter to him at the memorial service. Perhaps per Katherine’s wishes? When Father Todd read Paul’s letter out loud, all he said was “marry her” “now” or something like that. Can any of us not hear Katherine saying those exact words!? Very loudly, LOL. And after the watching of the 2nd memorial show, I think the wedding fit in very nicely.

Finally, I’ve read comments about how the characters seemed to focus on themselves. But I choose to look at it as their way of expressing the impact that this wonderful lady had on each of them.

RIP, Jeanne.

Kelby

Re: One More Jeanne/Katherine tribute

Postby Kelby » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Quote miladytn: There have been many threads about Katherine’s memorial service and I don’t know which one to reply to now. I did not watch the show the day it aired and just now watched it at CBS dot com, and still crying! LOL. So please forgive me for making yet another thread but I wanted to make a couple of points.

I believe that there is a brief clip of Brenda Dickson as Jill. In the CBS video I just watched, it is the flashback that starts at 6:40 into the video. I think that is Brenda, not Jess.

Also, about the Paul/Chris wedding. I think Murphy purposely gave Paul’s letter to him at the memorial service. Perhaps per Katherine’s wishes? When Father Todd read Paul’s letter out loud, all he said was “marry her” “now” or something like that. Can any of us not hear Katherine saying those exact words!? Very loudly, LOL. And after the watching of the 2nd memorial show, I think the wedding fit in very nicely.

Finally, I’ve read comments about how the characters seemed to focus on themselves. But I choose to look at it as their way of expressing the impact that this wonderful lady had on each of them.

RIP, Jeanne.

I wonder what the ratings will reflect. Unfortunately, if they bumped up it was only for that funeral and all the viewers that tuned in, I am sure are back out.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”