Katherine's memorial was beautiful

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
dragonflydreamin

Katherine's memorial was beautiful

Postby dragonflydreamin » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:35 pm

I honestly thought the tribute was very touching. I was so glad to see so many familiar faces :) I felt that all of the ladies looked so beautiful too! I feel for the cast, as this episode had to be really hard to do for them. Katherine/ Jeanne was a wonderful lady. She will be greatly missed.

Coonfoot

Re: Katherine's memorial was beautiful

Postby Coonfoot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Quote dragonflydreamin: I honestly thought the tribute was very touching. I was so glad to see so many familiar faces :) I felt that all of the ladies looked so beautiful too! I feel for the cast, as this episode had to be really hard to do for them. Katherine/ Jeanne was a wonderful lady. She will be greatly missed.

I thought it was very well done as well. I especially liked the last scene with Nikki and Jill sitting on the bench and Katherine's image appeared to both of them.....sniff. It was a tear jerker.

sgtppr

Postby sgtppr » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:17 pm

Quote Coonfoot:
Quote dragonflydreamin: I honestly thought the tribute was very touching. I was so glad to see so many familiar faces :) I felt that all of the ladies looked so beautiful too! I feel for the cast, as this episode had to be really hard to do for them. Katherine/ Jeanne was a wonderful lady. She will be greatly missed.

I thought it was very well done as well. I especially liked the last scene with Nikki and Jill sitting on the bench and Katherine's image appeared to both of them.....sniff. It was a tear jerker.

I so agree with both of you! I watched each day twice and cried buckets of tears every time. I missed a few people who should have been there but can accept who they did bring in. My one complaint is Paul and Christine getting married...that could have waited. I had actually thought it would be Nick and Avery if anyone.

Coonfoot

Postby Coonfoot » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:52 pm

Quote sgtppr:
Quote Coonfoot:

I so agree with both of you! I watched each day twice and cried buckets of tears every time. I missed a few people who should have been there but can accept who they did bring in. My one complaint is Paul and Christine getting married...that could have waited. I had actually thought it would be Nick and Avery if anyone.

Yea, I think Tucker and Mac should have been there, but I enjoyed all the old cast members they did bring in. Tucker was a relatively new character and didn't miss him, but Mac has been around a while and should have been there. All in all, it was well done. I know we all loved Katherine/Jeanne and some of us probably would have done it different or better, as it were, but some shows may not have done anything, even for a long-standing beloved character like Katherine. Most shows would have given an honorable mention in the credits or something. So, my hat is off to the writers/producers on this one.

On a Clear Day

Postby On a Clear Day » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am

I am behind in watching but am part way into the first episode of the memorial. I was never a big fan of Danny but I have to say I think his soft spoken voice singing the opening song was great. And I loved seeing Amber again. I am glad for any old faces to show up for some familiarity from when the show was good.

I usually FF through soap funerals but so far this one is not a downer inside a funeral home so I am pleasantly surprised.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”