Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
TheCat

Re: Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract

Postby TheCat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Quote jilltidwell:
Quote clarkie:
Quote glh1950: Source in article sounds like Sony is interviewing for writers to replace him. And someone on one of the threads here said JFP contract is up for renewal too. Why aren't they interviewing to replace her too? Article made JFP sound like the boss from he**. I'd rather keep JG than JFP. Get rid of both or just let the show tank? Will have to wait and see what uncharacteristic or insane behavior befalls some more favorite characters this coming 'winter' season.

ITA, they should both go, however, it's much harder to replace an Executive Producer. Changing writers is easier and very common.

Bring in Ed Scott as Producer. I said that from the beginning.
WOW we actually agree.. and kay alden

Paggie

Postby Paggie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:36 pm

Quote edaem1: Once again, you must consider the source. This guy is very pro Bell and especially MAB. Not saying I wouldn't like to see something change here but not sure what the fix should be. I know one thing. I do not want to see Maria Arena Bell and her crew back at Y&R ever. I hated the show and did not watch for quite some time during her reign. The show is somewhat better even if JFP is giving Sharon a terrible thrashing.

Interesting that when Nelson Branco was asked about this tonight on a blog radio talk he dismissed the rumour also saying "consider the source!"! Seems Branco's "insiders" don't share the same perspective as TLG!

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:43 pm

Quote Sunnyflower: Good grief, JFP sounds like such a joy to work with.

JG should consider a career change.

Indeed! The woman is a nightmare -- I can't imagine how she ever developed all thos FOJ's (friends of Jill).

fairland

Postby fairland » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:33 pm

Quote clarkie: Major Shake Up!

Soap Blogger and Insider Tommy Garret is reporting that Josh Griffith may be on his way OUT!

JFP is ready to fire him for having "a complete breakdown" on the job. Josh Griffith has 15 days left on his contract and he is taking time off for a vacation next week.

SONY is already interviewing new writers.

Stay tuned! ;)

So who will be the new writer are going to be i hope it is not MAB. Who used to writer for day's of or lives let one of them be the New writers for Young and the restless. Maybe that would not work so Are we getting a whole new regime all over again. THis does sound very much like a Major shake up to me. I mean wow. I am more than upset that if next person to go is JFP. I really enjoy JFP working on the Young and the restless. I would love to keep JFP to stay with the Young and the restless Over JG.

edaem1

Postby edaem1 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:52 am

Quote Paggie:
Quote edaem1: Once again, you must consider the source. This guy is very pro Bell and especially MAB. Not saying I wouldn't like to see something change here but not sure what the fix should be. I know one thing. I do not want to see Maria Arena Bell and her crew back at Y&R ever. I hated the show and did not watch for quite some time during her reign. The show is somewhat better even if JFP is giving Sharon a terrible thrashing.

Interesting that when Nelson Branco was asked about this tonight on a blog radio talk he dismissed the rumour also saying "consider the source!"! Seems Branco's "insiders" don't share the same perspective as TLG!

Well, I find it funny that NB wasn't slurping this up. After his weeks of tirades, ranting and vulgarity aimed at these very people, I can only assume that he wanted to be the one to tweet this first. Unless he no longer has sources from the show that will talk to him after last months meltdown.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:31 am

I don't expect any major change in the stories. JFP will still be in charge.

jilltidwell

Postby jilltidwell » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:33 am

Quote alanadz: I don't expect any major change in the stories. JFP will still be in charge.

She needs to lose her job just like she did on GH/ABC. She don't deserve to be in this business.

Coonfoot

Postby Coonfoot » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:45 pm

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally watch this soap for romance and intrigue and that doesn't mean raw sex, tearing off clothes, slaming each other down on a desk or a dumpster, or wallowing on a sofa. If they think a father and son and/or son-in-law going at each other's throats is ingrigue, they are sadly mistaken. Where is all of the business intrigue? Where is all of the romance? I say fire the lot of them and bring in someone who will respect the history of this show and what it was meant to be.

Rant over.

Laloni

Postby Laloni » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Quote clarkie: Major Shake Up!

Soap Blogger and Insider Tommy Garret is reporting that Josh Griffith may be on his way OUT!

JFP is ready to fire him for having "a complete breakdown" on the job. Josh Griffith has 15 days left on his contract and he is taking time off for a vacation next week.

SONY is already interviewing new writers.

Stay tuned! ;)

Let's hope this is true, we need new writers badly, the ones we have are not getting the job done.

MsSuperSuds

Postby MsSuperSuds » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:45 pm

Quote Coonfoot: I can't speak for everyone, but I personally watch this soap for romance and intrigue and that doesn't mean raw sex, tearing off clothes, slaming each other down on a desk or a dumpster, or wallowing on a sofa. If they think a father and son and/or son-in-law going at each other's throats is ingrigue, they are sadly mistaken. Where is all of the business intrigue? Where is all of the romance? I say fire the lot of them and bring in someone who will respect the history of this show and what it was meant to be.

Rant over.

Great post! I could not have ranted better than you on this idea of using sex as storylines. They are not & never were meant to be the sole source of a story. I have been posting the same thing since MAB created this insta-sex fest on Y&R; but the writers find it so much easier to cop out & pander to the reality TV tastes of younger demographics. By this time, they ought to be sick of the contrived pairings, WTD sagas, cheating spouses, quickie marriages & divorces. There is nothing else on Y&R to root for except triangles, quadrangles, hooking up, & whose doing who? sagas. And that just ain't my cup of tea. I will wait for some love & romance in the afternoon and some solid business stories to come back to Y&R.

I feel sad for JG if any part of this article is true; but I also learned that the writer is a close friend of MABs. So I would not believe that JG is leaving the show until I actually see an official statement from cbs, sony, Y&R or JG himself. Some writers do have ulterior motives for the articles they write. My fondest hope is that JFP shakes out the door w/ him or even before he goes.

Thanks again! Great rant!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”