Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sunnyflower

Re: Josh Griffith May Be Out! 15 Days Left On Contract

Postby Sunnyflower » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:26 pm

Quote sharonismygirl:
Quote clarkie:
Quote Sunnyflower: Goodness. I don't like to hear of anyone having a breakdown, but I will say I am not liking his crappy stories.

Josh Griffith can't handle the stress of the Head Writer position. This promotion was too much for him. He got overwhelmed.

JFP hired TWO General Hospital writers to assist him, Shelly Altman and Tracey Thomson, but neither of them know Y&R history or characters.

They have already lost me, with this terrible writing for Sharon!...Allot has to change before I watch again!...I want Nick and Sharon together, and in love, and have Sharon recover from her her mental illness!....Then I will watch again!!

Judy

OMG the show is about more than SHARON.

I am sorry, I know you mean well, but OMG, it seems everything is OK if Sharon is being written OK, but if not, then it is Sharon Sharon Sharon!

I knew when they took over and suddenly Avery had a gorgeous new apartment, on 5 days a week, droning on and on and on about soup and fresh basil, this show was in trouble. Firings were happening en mass, newbies were taking over, but everything was fine because Sharon was being written better (which even that was questionable).

Now she is being thrown under the bus, like everyone else who matters, and I am supposed to care?

Why?

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:29 pm

Quote greengrass:
Quote jilltidwell:
Quote pink kiity: we need to get rid of the soap killer first shes has to go need to go and need to be gone shes would be the first on my list to get rid of before anyone else

~) ~) ~)

OMG!!!! Can we get rid of her too? I said she should have never been hired.

I just read the article and it doesn't sound like CBS is to happy with her right now either

She has a very public record of failure, so it is hard to believe any executive worth their salt didn't know what they were getting. That simply isn't credible.

MsSuperSuds

Postby MsSuperSuds » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:43 pm

When Josh Griffith was at Y&R before, the writing was not as weak and none of the characters were being trashed and dummied down the way they are now. So I don't believe the problem is Josh, I think the bigger problem is JFP. If she stays, things will not get better. They will get worse especially if she brings in HWs and writers of her own choosing. I don't know what Sony & CBS were thinking when she was hired in the first place. I think she used JG to get in the door and then took firm control of the show and of course brought in all the newbies & FOJs. That is not the way Y&R does business. They probably sold themselves as a package deal since both came from Hollywood Or you might say took a wrecking ball to what is left of the show.Heights as a team. JG might be fired but I believe the real problem is JFP. She needs to hit the door first!!

pink kiity

Postby pink kiity » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:49 pm

cbs and sony gave there show to the devil the number one soap killer and that is the fact and it was sold to the devil to the soap killer. the soap killer need to go shes should be the on hers way out. not josh and should be told hit the door soap killer~) ~) ~) ~)

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Quote MsSuperSuds: When Josh Griffith was at Y&R before, the writing was not as weak and none of the characters were being trashed and dummied down the way they are now. So I don't believe the problem is Josh, I think the bigger problem is JFP. If she stays, things will not get better. They will get worse especially if she brings in HWs and writers of her own choosing. I don't know what Sony & CBS were thinking when she was hired in the first place. I think she used JG to get in the door and then took firm control of the show and of course brought in all the newbies & FOJs. That is not the way Y&R does business. They probably sold themselves as a package deal since both came from Hollywood Or you might say took a wrecking ball to what is left of the show.Heights as a team. JG might be fired but I believe the real problem is JFP. She needs to hit the door first!!

She is the real problem but he is a FOJ and deserves the door for that and going along with her.

I don't like to read he has been having a hard time and I hope he addresses that. I guess that is what happens when you team up with someone like JFP.

jacksmyguy

Postby jacksmyguy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:58 pm

Quote glh1950: Source in article sounds like Sony is interviewing for writers to replace him. And someone on one of the threads here said JFP contract is up for renewal too. Why aren't they interviewing to replace her too? Article made JFP sound like the boss from he**. I'd rather keep JG than JFP. Get rid of both or just let the show tank? Will have to wait and see what uncharacteristic or insane behavior befalls some more favorite characters this coming 'winter' season.

I feel really bad for JG. Nobody deserves to have that kind of stress heaped on them on their job and I'll bet that JFP caused most of it for him. Her vision of what should be done with Y&R and her lack of knowledge about the history most likely was at odds with JG's better judgment. That certainly is not a pass for some of the work he has turned out in the last year but who knows how much she over-road his choices and made his life hell. I respectfully suggest that anyone interested in saving whatever good is still left in our show to send an E-mail to CBS on their comment/feedback form and tell them if you are unhappy with what has been going on. Hopefully someone will take a hint and get rid of the source of all that is bad right now before it's too late.

edaem1

Postby edaem1 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Once again, you must consider the source. This guy is very pro Bell and especially MAB. Not saying I wouldn't like to see something change here but not sure what the fix should be. I know one thing. I do not want to see Maria Arena Bell and her crew back at Y&R ever. I hated the show and did not watch for quite some time during her reign. The show is somewhat better even if JFP is giving Sharon a terrible thrashing.

TheCat

Postby TheCat » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:28 pm

I always used to read how Y&R was a joy to work on. I bet it is not so joyful right now.. they must hate it at work.. sounds so stressful..

I hope phelps and jg get the boot.. they suck

jilltidwell

Postby jilltidwell » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Quote clarkie:
Quote glh1950: Source in article sounds like Sony is interviewing for writers to replace him. And someone on one of the threads here said JFP contract is up for renewal too. Why aren't they interviewing to replace her too? Article made JFP sound like the boss from he**. I'd rather keep JG than JFP. Get rid of both or just let the show tank? Will have to wait and see what uncharacteristic or insane behavior befalls some more favorite characters this coming 'winter' season.

ITA, they should both go, however, it's much harder to replace an Executive Producer. Changing writers is easier and very common.

Bring in Ed Scott as Producer. I said that from the beginning.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Quote TheCat: I always used to read how Y&R was a joy to work on. I bet it is not so joyful right now.. they must hate it at work.. sounds so stressful..

I hope phelps and jg get the boot.. they suck

It really must be hard to work there anymore. I feel bad for everyone involved that works for JFP.

Might actually be a relief to get fired for some....

Return to “The Young and the Restless”