What a Birth

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Scotia

What a Birth

Postby Scotia » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:54 pm

OK, baby born, delivered by Dylan. No blood, no umbilical cord, perfectly clean blanket. Ladies, I think we all know what a newborn looks like before being 'cleaned'.

This is truly beyond belief. There are many ways this birth could have been handled, realistic without being traumatic. The size of the baby is being explained away by the fact Chelsea was a ten pound baby, so it was expected the baby would be big! The paramedics who arrived after the delivery commented that normally a baby born this prematurely would be small in size and have underdeveloped lungs. The fully developed lungs was explained by her as being because of the steroids she was given when she went in to early labour!

Once again, I am rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the way the writers are treating us like idiots to believe this drivel!

greengrass

Re: What a Birth

Postby greengrass » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:19 pm

I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION BECAUSE I LOST INTEREST IN THIS S/L ALONG TIME AGO.8 months of the same thing every day is just a little to much.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:26 pm

Quote Scotia: OK, baby born, delivered by Dylan. No blood, no umbilical cord, perfectly clean blanket. Ladies, I think we all know what a newborn looks like before being 'cleaned'.

This is truly beyond belief. There are many ways this birth could have been handled, realistic without being traumatic. The size of the baby is being explained away by the fact Chelsea was a ten pound baby, so it was expected the baby would be big! The paramedics who arrived after the delivery commented that normally a baby born this prematurely would be small in size and have underdeveloped lungs. The fully developed lungs was explained by her as being because of the steroids she was given when she went in to early labour!

Once again, I am rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the way the writers are treating us like idiots to believe this drivel!

I truly believe they have underestimated their audience.

I know they have insulted my intelligence far too long. I'm hanging on by a thread now. I want to see what they do for Jeanne Cooper, how they handle Mrs. C. passing, I'm guessing they will disappoint there too. Sigh....

But, if JFP's contract is renewed in a few weeks, then I give up....SMH

Jackie10

Postby Jackie10 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:27 pm

Quote greengrass: I DIDN'T PAY ANY ATTENTION BECAUSE I LOST INTEREST IN THIS S/L ALONG TIME AGO.8 months of the same thing every day is just a little to much.

She is just over 7 months even if she conceived on January 1 so the baby is 2 months premature. Strange that the child is so big.

maja

Postby maja » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:45 pm

Of course dense Dylan just doesn't have the brains to question the lame excuse that Chelsea gives about delivering such a big ol baby.Just takes con Chelsea's word and smiles dumbly..just pathetic. %(

canada gal

Postby canada gal » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:52 pm

In today's Cdn epi, its explained that the baby is a few weeks premature.

Gracewashere

Postby Gracewashere » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:53 pm

Quote canada gal: In today's Cdn epi, its explained that the baby is a few weeks premature.

Oh I suspect Dylan does have a clue, just doesn't want to acknowledge it openly. I kinda like them together, so I may be somewhat biased.

Geordiegal

Postby Geordiegal » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:40 pm

Quote Scotia: OK, baby born, delivered by Dylan. No blood, no umbilical cord, perfectly clean blanket. Ladies, I think we all know what a newborn looks like before being 'cleaned'.

The writers are so stupid. Have any of them got children and if so how can they insult the fans by showing a baby born as you describe and not only that, when he's 10 seconds old he smiles at his mother.

Joyrider

Postby Joyrider » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:42 pm

I'm with you, I think Dylan knows

mimimak

Postby mimimak » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:06 pm

I had two premies, one at 7 months (31 weeks) who was 3 1/2 pounds with mature lungs but could not suck yet and had to be tube fed. Sucking reflex comes in about 32-33 weeks I believe. Lung maturity was attributed to a stressful pregnancy with early contractions and bleeding that helped mature her lungs. Second child was born at 35 weeks, 5 lbs 10 oz but her lungs were NOT mature. She was on CPAP for 24 hours to assist her breathing as her chest collapsed shortly after her birth. IMO If Chelsea's baby was supposed to be 7 months gestation, baby's lungs would likely NOT be mature and baby would weigh under 5 lbs. and would require tube feedings. Dylan will figure it out if he is smart.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”