FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Chuckyducky

FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Postby Chuckyducky » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm

JFP is the kiss of death for daytime programming. Her crime: The inability to effectively manipulate the story pacing to advantage. As a result, the stories move at a snails pace with little anticipation or climactic ending.

Just get rid of JFP...A.S.A.P.

The writing staff can stay. He has the ability and the ideas to come up with compelling work...just give him time; but JFP has executive producer has got to go. You people have no idea what it was like watching her work on OLTL. It was really bad!

Homesick Cajun

Re: FIRE Jill Farren Phelps....HIRE Kay Alden!

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:43 pm

I just asked this on another thread. But I was under the impression they were a package deal. Haven't they been working together on other programs?

edaem1

Postby edaem1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:54 pm

Who is the package deal JFP and JG? At this point, there can't be many more options for this duo, seprately or together. Soaps are few and all the others seem to be doing fine right now.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Quote edaem1: Who is the package deal JFP and JG? At this point, there can't be many more options for this duo, seprately or together. Soaps are few and all the others seem to be doing fine right now.

Yes, the other thread going is about getting rid of JG. So then this one about JFP popped up. Since they came together I always thought that was part of the deal based on articles I have read about the dynamic duo.

edaem1

Postby edaem1 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:04 pm

I think that maybe they should think about going with writers from night soaps like Richard and Esther Shapiro. They were the writers for Dynasty.

Chuckyducky

Postby Chuckyducky » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote edaem1: Who is the package deal JFP and JG? At this point, there can't be many more options for this duo, seprately or together. Soaps are few and all the others seem to be doing fine right now.

Yes, the other thread going is about getting rid of JG. So then this one about JFP popped up. Since they came together I always thought that was part of the deal based on articles I have read about the dynamic duo.

That's not the impression I got. I thought JG was on staff FIRST. He acted as Head Writer and Executive Producer before Jill Farren Phelps took over the role as EP. That's what I thought had happened...which is why I'm giving JG a pass.

maja

Postby maja » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Quote Chuckyducky: JFP is the kiss of death for daytime programming. Her crime: The inability to effectively manipulate the story pacing to advantage. As a result, the stories move at a snails pace with little anticipation or climactic ending.

The writing staff can stay. He has the ability and the ideas to come up with compelling work...just give him time; but JFP has executive producer has got to go. You people have no idea what it was like watching her work on OLTL. It was really bad!

Hey Chuckie! I was a big OLTL fan, was JFP responsible for Jess/Tess mess and the Ford Brothers, and ditching KISH? It was so sad to see what happen to OLTL when it finally was cancelled ( not really impressed with the online version).

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Quote edaem1: I think that maybe they should think about going with writers from night soaps like Richard and Esther Shapiro. They were the writers for Dynasty.

I remember them. I always enjoyed that show.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:08 pm

Quote Chuckyducky:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

That's not the impression I got. I thought JG was on staff FIRST. He acted as Head Writer and Executive Producer before Jill Farren Phelps took over the role as EP. That's what I thought had happened...which is why I'm giving JG a pass.

I wasn't sure. Every article I have read about either one of them always included the other. And pictures looked like they were joined at the hip. But, yes, if their contracts are not intertwined then JFP is definitely the one that needs to be replaced!!!

Chuckyducky

Postby Chuckyducky » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:09 pm

Quote maja:
Quote Chuckyducky: JFP is the kiss of death for daytime programming. Her crime: The inability to effectively manipulate the story pacing to advantage. As a result, the stories move at a snails pace with little anticipation or climactic ending.

Hey Chuckie! I was a big OLTL fan, was JFP responsible for Jess/Tess mess and the Ford Brothers, and ditching KISH?

Dude, I stopped before any of that happened but she was there for quite a long time. I'm not sure when she left, though. I do remember the Cassie stuff. That sucked!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”