Phyllis leaving-anyone want her to stay on Y&R?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Lizzytish

Re: Phyllis leaving-anyone want her to stay on Y&R?

Postby Lizzytish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:58 am

The only way I would take Phyllis back is if her head injury cause a personality change. I don't know if it was the way she was being written the last few months, or if it was MS's acting, but I wanted to scream every time she was ranting on screen at someone. Her behavior was so over-the-top it was ridiculous -- especially at what was supposed to be Jack's birthday party.

I am ready for a long Phyllis break -- just as I was when dearly departed Drucilla left the canvas. She was another drama queen.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:12 pm

If you are a woman over 40 with JFP in charge, you have two choices, either do what you are told, no matter how much you hate it, or let the door hit you on the way out!

grammapam

Postby grammapam » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:14 pm

For me personally,Phyllis is a HUGE part of the show.No-one,in my mind,plays her like MS,and when she leaves,I'll miss her.If they re-cast Phyllis,its going to take a while to get used to another person.

Calmie

Postby Calmie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Get the witch OFF. I mean off the show.

granny45

Postby granny45 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Quote grammapam: For me personally,Phyllis is a HUGE part of the show.No-one,in my mind,plays her like MS,and when she leaves,I'll miss her.If they re-cast Phyllis,its going to take a while to get used to another person.

My exact feelings.....but the have to recast Phyllis, she is SO much a part of Y&R! It will be different, no one will play it like MS did - but I hope they find someone good! Phyllis has butt to kick!!!!!! ;)

grammapam

Postby grammapam » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Quote alanadz: If you are a woman over 40 with JFP in charge, you have two choices, either do what you are told, no matter how much you hate it, or let the door hit you on the way out!
M.S. left of her own accord.Nothing to do with the writers.This has been done to death.

alanadz

Postby alanadz » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Quote grammapam:
Quote alanadz: If you are a woman over 40 with JFP in charge, you have two choices, either do what you are told, no matter how much you hate it, or let the door hit you on the way out!
M.S. left of her own accord.Nothing to do with the writers.This has been done to death.

NOT!

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:30 pm

I don't think it's got anything to do with JFP or being over 40. Think Nikki, Victoria, Sharon, Jill, Lauren, Avery, Anita - most of the women on the show -- they have plenty of story. I don't know what is meant by "do as they are told". Aren't all the actors doing that?

The show has certainly survived the loss of Katherine Chancellor, it will surely survive the absence of Phyllis.

grammapam

Postby grammapam » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm

Quote alanadz:
Quote grammapam:

NOT!
:-)

granny45

Postby granny45 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 pm

Michelle Stafford was not written off the show, or fired - she choose to leave and do other things. I am sure she will do fabulous in whatever she does next!! ;)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”