Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
shalaydra75

Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Postby shalaydra75 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75:
Quote pocketvenus: There are biased judges, and then there's Debra Nelson.

Here is a list of some of her shameful rulings and behaviors durning this trial, facts in the case that many are not aware of apparently.

These rulings include:

Suppressing exculpatory evidence recovered from the (double-password-protected) cell phone of Trayvon Martin that reveal deleted texts of the 17-year-old bragging about street-fighting with friends and relatives and photos showing him brandishing guns, gangsta-style. This evidence supports Zimmerman's claim he feared Martin and shot in self-defense.

Disallowing Martin's criminal background, including arrests by Miami-Dade school district police for drugs, theft, graffiti and other delinquent behavior.(Martin, in fact, had been suspended from school the week he jumped Zimmerman inside his gated townhouse complex, after police found stolen jewelry and burglary tools inside his backpack.

Excluding any testimony from audio experts who could definitively ID Zimmerman's voice screaming for help on 911 calls as Martin bashed his head against a concrete sidewalk.

Allowing, conversely, the last-minute request of plainly desperate prosecutors to have jurors consider an alternative lesser charge of manslaughter to try to secure some kind of conviction, any kind of punishment, in the complete absence of a sound murder case.

Never sanctioning the prosecution despite Zimmerman's lawyers justifiably filing no fewer than six formal complaints against the state for withholding exculpatory and other evidence from them in violation of discovery rules.

Yet repeatedly overruling — at times even reprimanding — Zimmerman's lawyers when they objected to the underhanded tactics of the prosecution.

And even, in one of the most bizarre interventions by a judge many court watchers have ever observed in a criminal case, directly grilling defendant Zimmerman not once, but three times about his intentions to personally testify — while scolding his lawyers not to counsel him in what seemed to many to be an attempt by the court to bully him into taking the stand.

I thought about this post. If TM was a thug GZ would have had serious injuries. I went to school before zero tolerance. This was a time period when teenagers fought without going to jail. A person with a "busted" nose, which is not as serious as a broken nose, will have a lot of blood on his shirt. I do not know what a bugler carries, but I would think it would be something hard. If that is the case, when TM noticed GZ following him, I would have defended himself with it.

The judge covertly supported GZ. She struck the word racial from profiling. Although the defense did not use "stand your ground," the jury's instructions had tenets from the abovementioned law. If the judge did not allow TM 's background to come into play, that benefitted GZ because GZ' criminal record would have been buried.

So, in other words GZ should have laid on the ground beneath TM and let him beat GZ until GZ lost consciousness so that TM could finish the job! Once he started the beating - I am sure TM planned on continuing the attack to a conclusion. His Facebook page had subject matter to his fighting and having a gun (illegally) of his own he and a friend were trying to sell. He was no little "child" like he has been portrayed.

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE - TM attacked GZ when GZ was no longer following TM - if TM had continued on home he would be alive today. You act like GZ had his gun drawn and was chasing TM through the neighborhood and shot him for no reason - I don't believe any of you really watched the trial or listened to any of the evidence - you are just listening to people with closed minds and reacting to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton who have their own agenda.

I do not believe the content in bold. GZ is the only person who said that. GZ also stated that TM jumped out of bushes but there were no bushes. GZ also said that TM was pounding his head into concrete but TM's body was found in a grassy area. Most importantly, GZ's lack of injuries and his shirt tell a story. Had TM been beating GZ, the latter would have had serious injuries. Had TM been on top of GZ, the shooting would have caused TM's blood to spill on GZ shirt.

I guess we cannot agree because I come from a where men are men. Even my FOX news, gun fanatic co-worker calls GZ a weak, cowardly weasel.

edaem1

Postby edaem1 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:55 pm

This is not a useful thread at this point. No one hears the other side and it is just ranting for the sake of ranting. Please stop. There is no need to get the last word. BTW, this thread has been reported to the mods to have it closed. It is unfortunate because if this topic could have remained civil, it would have been a really beneficial thread.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 pm

It was a trial not guilty. It's over. ..time to move on. ..the next news story will be new news like Casey Anthony oj and all other news stories. Let the boy rest in peace let Zimmerman have peace

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:31 pm

Quote laarstar: Yes, he's such a nice guy:

(CBS/WFOR) ORLANDO, Fla. - A woman identified only as "Witness 9" in the George Zimmerman case told investigators that he molested her when they were children, information released Monday by the State Attorney's Office reveals.

According to CBS Miami, investigators from the Duval County State Attorney's Office in Sanford interviewed Witness 9, who contacted Sanford police after the Feb. 26 killing of Trayvon Martin.

Witness 9 told investigators that Zimmerman, who is about two years older than her, had sexually molested her from the age of six up until she was 16 years old, CBS Miami reports.

Wait, there's more:

(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - A witness in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin fatal shooting case told investigators Zimmerman's family is racist, as heard in an audio recording released Monday by the special prosecutor's office. The woman, identified as "Witness 9," is heard telling detectives, "They say a lot of bad things about black people."

Witness 9 did claim that Zimmerman "only likes black people who act like white people."

And what does that mean black act like white? You want equality like I do can't bash white it works both ways

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 pm

Quote maja:
Quote Lapcat55: SURPRISE! Obama co-sponsored “Stand Your Ground" for Illinois in 2004

What do you bet we won't see this tidbit of information on the Lame Stream Media....Can you say...FLIP...FLOP Obummer??

poorrichardsnews.com/post/56153239239/surprise-
obama-co-sponsored-stand-your-ground-for

I don't care which party holds the office of the President, to be so disrespectful is disgusting. Ijust wish admin would just close this thread.
Obama gets blamed for everything, can't change it. ...some people like hannity knock him almost any day.

rebel dawg

Postby rebel dawg » Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Quote Chuckyducky: They agreed that he shot 17-year-old Martin Trayvon in self defense and found him not guilty of all charges.

How do some of you feel about the verdict's decision?

Yes GZ will feel bad for the rest of his life. He did what he thought was the
right thing to do. He had to defend his self. TM had pot in his system. Beat
GM head in the ground. Black, white, brown, yellow.... whatever.... race has
nothing to do with this....

Pres and AG.... come on down south .....go through a town with country
people... drinking beer and chewing ... see if you don't lock your doors...
But guess what.. they would say come on out and have a beer and play some corn hole with us... just kicking back and having fun...why all about race?????

Tired of the same old same old people. %(

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:31 am

The news is fickl now were on to next story the British baby. News cycles hit the fan and go on to next topic. This is old news already

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 am

Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75:
Quote pocketvenus: There are biased judges, and then there's Debra Nelson.

Here is a list of some of her shameful rulings and behaviors durning this trial, facts in the case that many are not aware of apparently.

These rulings include:

Suppressing exculpatory evidence recovered from the (double-password-protected) cell phone of Trayvon Martin that reveal deleted texts of the 17-year-old bragging about street-fighting with friends and relatives and photos showing him brandishing guns, gangsta-style. This evidence supports Zimmerman's claim he feared Martin and shot in self-defense.

Disallowing Martin's criminal background, including arrests by Miami-Dade school district police for drugs, theft, graffiti and other delinquent behavior.(Martin, in fact, had been suspended from school the week he jumped Zimmerman inside his gated townhouse complex, after police found stolen jewelry and burglary tools inside his backpack.

Excluding any testimony from audio experts who could definitively ID Zimmerman's voice screaming for help on 911 calls as Martin bashed his head against a concrete sidewalk.

Allowing, conversely, the last-minute request of plainly desperate prosecutors to have jurors consider an alternative lesser charge of manslaughter to try to secure some kind of conviction, any kind of punishment, in the complete absence of a sound murder case.

Never sanctioning the prosecution despite Zimmerman's lawyers justifiably filing no fewer than six formal complaints against the state for withholding exculpatory and other evidence from them in violation of discovery rules.

Yet repeatedly overruling — at times even reprimanding — Zimmerman's lawyers when they objected to the underhanded tactics of the prosecution.

And even, in one of the most bizarre interventions by a judge many court watchers have ever observed in a criminal case, directly grilling defendant Zimmerman not once, but three times about his intentions to personally testify — while scolding his lawyers not to counsel him in what seemed to many to be an attempt by the court to bully him into taking the stand.

I thought about this post. If TM was a thug GZ would have had serious injuries. I went to school before zero tolerance. This was a time period when teenagers fought without going to jail. A person with a "busted" nose, which is not as serious as a broken nose, will have a lot of blood on his shirt. I do not know what a bugler carries, but I would think it would be something hard. If that is the case, when TM noticed GZ following him, I would have defended himself with it.

The judge covertly supported GZ. She struck the word racial from profiling. Although the defense did not use "stand your ground," the jury's instructions had tenets from the abovementioned law. If the judge did not allow TM 's background to come into play, that benefitted GZ because GZ' criminal record would have been buried.

So, in other words GZ should have laid on the ground beneath TM and let him beat GZ until GZ lost consciousness so that TM could finish the job! Once he started the beating - I am sure TM planned on continuing the attack to a conclusion. His Facebook page had subject matter to his fighting and having a gun (illegally) of his own he and a friend were trying to sell. He was no little "child" like he has been portrayed.

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE - TM attacked GZ when GZ was no longer following TM - if TM had continued on home he would be alive today. You act like GZ had his gun drawn and was chasing TM through the neighborhood and shot him for no reason - I don't believe any of you really watched the trial or listened to any of the evidence - you are just listening to people with closed minds and reacting to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton who have their own agenda.

This is going to be kind of a long post, so I apologize in advance...
First of all, I have to say, I really don't think I have a dog in this fight (and I mean no disrespect by that, so please you guys, don't think I'm calling anyone a dog!), but I have to respectfully disagree about the whole if-he-had-gone-home statement. I know that if I thought I was being followed, like TM did, as per his conversation with Rachael, I wouldn't be going home because I wouldn't want someone I think is following me to know where I live. Of course, I know there's been some debate on whether GZ was actually following him, or whether he got out of his vehicle to look for a street name or whatever he said in the interview.
Mixed feelings about that as well; I know that if I've lived in a neighbourhood for a while, I would know the surrounding street names, especially if I were captain of the neighbourhood watch! (I think that should have been a requirement; if you're going to call yourself captain and patrol an area, you should know the names of the streets you're patroling imho). On the other hand, I was driving with my cousin this past Saturday and we'd been to this other cousin's house countless numbers of times, and I happened to ask her what street this person lived on, and she said she didn't know the name of the street, just how to get there.
Again, so many grey areas in this whole thing, it's really hard to pinpoint what's true and what's speculation. One of the participants is dead, the other was on trial for his murder, so, I'm sorry, but I'm not sure how impartial either side could have been. Although I think that GZ shouldn't necessarily have botten off (as in no jail time), I can see why the jury would have said not guilty, but I thought that perhaps he should have been guilty of a lesser charge. But that's just me. Either way, this was a senseless preventable tragedy...

Scotia

Postby Scotia » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:47 am

Trinilisa,,thank,you for your post. Although I may not agree with all your post, I find you at lease,the sound of some reason in all of this.

I am Canadian and served in a jury here many years,ago. In Canada, unlike in the U.S. jury members,are forbidden to discuss a trial they are involved in, either before, during or after said trial. It is against t he law.

However, having said that, in the trial I was involved in,,to be honest we wished we could find both sides,guilty because,there were problems on both sides, so as such, we had no option but to find the defendant not guilty.

This is just my opinion, and experience with a case in Canada. I know our laws are different from the U.S. laws, I am just sharing my experience.

I did not watch this case on TV, so I don't feel I am justified in giving a guilty/not guilty opinion, I am just relaying my experiences! Because I didn't watch this trial, I haven't posted on this topic,,but I just felt I had to add some thoughts.,

In,adding this post, I hope I haven't offended anyone, it isn't my intention. I am totally non committal, hopefully!

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:49 pm

Scotia, thank you for the kind words. I live in Canada, too, and actually had no idea you aren't allowed to discuss the trial once it is over...good to know.
Again, at the risk of offending anyone, I find that the waters are too mirky for there to be a very clear-cut opinion, at least for me. Only two people know what really happened that night. One is dead, and it would be natural, all be it not necessarily right, for the other one to try to minimize his involvement as much as he could, considering he could have possibly gone to jail for taking that person's life. Then you have the prosecution, as well as family members and others who want justice for the deceased regardless of what the other party claims happened. One thing's for sure; I wouldn't have wanted to be on that jury!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”