Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
shalaydra75

Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Postby shalaydra75 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:15 pm

Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75: If they have to select a jury from FL I think TM's family would have the same outcome. I hope the DOJ file a civil rights suit against him.

what is with Florida bashing - this trial and verdict could have happened anywhere - the case was not a stand your ground case - it was a self defense case - even TM's parents and attorneys said it was not about race And there are stand your ground laws (even though not relevant in this case) in a lot of other states - race was not the issue in this case - GM took black girl to his prom - he mentored black children - his best friend is black - FBI has interviewed hundreds of people and not one has said he is racist - enough Florida bashing already !!

Unfortunately, I live in "stand your ground state.". I have to be much more alert. I have been bashing FL because

A poster in one of the TM/GZ threads bragged about being a profiler and implied that he/she roams his/her neighborhood with a loaded gun.

After the trial, the defense lawyers did not have the decency to be gracious.

In 2000 it could not count its votes.

In 2012, it engaged in voter suppression.

It trained the 911 pilots.

Yes, I live in a conservative state but it does not engage in the aforementioned endeavors.

Strom Thurmond, the leader of the Dixiecrats had a black/biracial child. I would live to track down the black kids that GZ mentored. I hope he did not teach them to be submissive.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:31 pm

Quote Chuckyducky:
Quote calliope: Google 13 month old Antonio West. Where's the outrage for him?

That's a good question. I'd like to know why people weren't as outraged with that tragedy as they were Trayvon Martin.

In fact, I'd like to know where was the outrage for these victims:

Five-month-old Ryker Petersen
Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins
Fifteen-year-old Hadiya Pendleton
Eighteen-year-old Mario Lopez
Thirty-one-year-old Brandon Woodard
Twenty-five-year-old Espinoza-Jauregui

...and the list goes on and on...

I agree. We should all be outraged that someone can use a deadly weapon and extinguish another's life as if it meant nothing. We should all be disgusted and outraged.

After their killers were discovered, were they arrested? Had GZ been arrested right after the shooting, this case would have never been a national story. Jesse Jackson's organization has been very concerned about black on black violence. He has not only launched marches, but he has done research on the subject. He is an advocate of national gun laws because because he says his research reveals that criminals from Chicago purchase guns in Indiana.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Quote Chuckyducky:
Quote calliope: Google 13 month old Antonio West. Where's the outrage for him?

That's a good question. I'd like to know why people weren't as outraged with that tragedy as they were Trayvon Martin.

In fact, I'd like to know where was the outrage for these victims:

Five-month-old Ryker Petersen
Six-month-old Jonylah Watkins
Fifteen-year-old Hadiya Pendleton
Eighteen-year-old Mario Lopez
Thirty-one-year-old Brandon Woodard
Twenty-five-year-old Espinoza-Jauregui

...and the list goes on and on...

I agree. We should all be outraged that someone can use a deadly weapon and extinguish another's life as if it meant nothing. We should all be disgusted and outraged.

After their killers were discovered, were they arrested? Had GZ been arrested right after the shooting, this case would have never been a national story. Jesse Jackson's organization has been very concerned about black on black violence. He has not only launched marches, but he has done research on the subject. He is an advocate of national gun laws because because he says his research reveals that criminals from Chicago purchase guns in Indiana.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:39 pm

Opps sorry for the double posts.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:04 pm

Quote pocketvenus: There are biased judges, and then there's Debra Nelson.

Here is a list of some of her shameful rulings and behaviors durning this trial, facts in the case that many are not aware of apparently.

These rulings include:

Suppressing exculpatory evidence recovered from the (double-password-protected) cell phone of Trayvon Martin that reveal deleted texts of the 17-year-old bragging about street-fighting with friends and relatives and photos showing him brandishing guns, gangsta-style. This evidence supports Zimmerman's claim he feared Martin and shot in self-defense.

Disallowing Martin's criminal background, including arrests by Miami-Dade school district police for drugs, theft, graffiti and other delinquent behavior.(Martin, in fact, had been suspended from school the week he jumped Zimmerman inside his gated townhouse complex, after police found stolen jewelry and burglary tools inside his backpack.

Excluding any testimony from audio experts who could definitively ID Zimmerman's voice screaming for help on 911 calls as Martin bashed his head against a concrete sidewalk.

Allowing, conversely, the last-minute request of plainly desperate prosecutors to have jurors consider an alternative lesser charge of manslaughter to try to secure some kind of conviction, any kind of punishment, in the complete absence of a sound murder case.

Never sanctioning the prosecution despite Zimmerman's lawyers justifiably filing no fewer than six formal complaints against the state for withholding exculpatory and other evidence from them in violation of discovery rules.

Yet repeatedly overruling — at times even reprimanding — Zimmerman's lawyers when they objected to the underhanded tactics of the prosecution.

And even, in one of the most bizarre interventions by a judge many court watchers have ever observed in a criminal case, directly grilling defendant Zimmerman not once, but three times about his intentions to personally testify — while scolding his lawyers not to counsel him in what seemed to many to be an attempt by the court to bully him into taking the stand.

I thought about this post. If TM was a thug GZ would have had serious injuries. I went to school before zero tolerance. This was a time period when teenagers fought without going to jail. A person with a "busted" nose, which is not as serious as a broken nose, will have a lot of blood on his shirt. I do not know what a bugler carries, but I would think it would be something hard. If that is the case, when TM noticed GZ following him, I would have defended himself with it.

The judge covertly supported GZ. She struck the word racial from profiling. Although the defense did not use "stand your ground," the jury's instructions had tenets from the abovementioned law. If the judge did not allow TM 's background to come into play, that benefitted GZ because GZ' criminal record would have been buried.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:27 am

Alot of media coverage on this. Everyone got their say lets see what happens. But bottom line Zimmerman had a trial not guilty just like oj alot couldn't believe he was not guilty. Lets treat everyone equal its 2013 I really don't like marches for any reason including economy. I just think they divide the country...lets all move together as one peace for all

vickidink

Postby vickidink » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Quote shalaydra75:
Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75: If they have to select a jury from FL I think TM's family would have the same outcome. I hope the DOJ file a civil rights suit against him.

what is with Florida bashing - this trial and verdict could have happened anywhere - the case was not a stand your ground case - it was a self defense case - even TM's parents and attorneys said it was not about race And there are stand your ground laws (even though not relevant in this case) in a lot of other states - race was not the issue in this case - GM took black girl to his prom - he mentored black children - his best friend is black - FBI has interviewed hundreds of people and not one has said he is racist - enough Florida bashing already !!

Unfortunately, I live in "stand your ground state.". I have to be much more alert. I have been bashing FL because

A poster in one of the TM/GZ threads bragged about being a profiler and implied that he/she roams his/her neighborhood with a loaded gun.

After the trial, the defense lawyers did not have the decency to be gracious.

In 2000 it could not count its votes.

In 2012, it engaged in voter suppression.

It trained the 911 pilots.

Yes, I live in a conservative state but it does not engage in the aforementioned endeavors.

Strom Thurmond, the leader of the Dixiecrats had a black/biracial child. I would live to track down the black kids that GZ mentored. I hope he did not teach them to be submissive.

How was the defense not gracious? I saw their interview and the prosecution interview - what did you want them to say to be gracious? Please explain. And while you are at it please explain how the vote counting in 2000 or the training of the 911 pilots has anything to do with Zimmerman. So the people of Florida are horrendous people because of the things you mentioned? Where is this perfect state you live in? Bashing the people of an entire state for an incident is ridiculous.

As for you finding the students Zimmerman tutored to find out if he did it to make them submissive - Whites/Hispanics who tutor Black children do not do it to harm those students in any way - they do it to HELP them to become better students, get extra attention so they can grow to become educated responsible men and women and make up for whatever instruction is missing in their lives just as they do for White children. And I may add WE(yes I tutor children of all races as well)do it for FREE!

vickidink

Postby vickidink » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 pm

Quote shalaydra75:
Quote pocketvenus: There are biased judges, and then there's Debra Nelson.

Here is a list of some of her shameful rulings and behaviors durning this trial, facts in the case that many are not aware of apparently.

These rulings include:

Suppressing exculpatory evidence recovered from the (double-password-protected) cell phone of Trayvon Martin that reveal deleted texts of the 17-year-old bragging about street-fighting with friends and relatives and photos showing him brandishing guns, gangsta-style. This evidence supports Zimmerman's claim he feared Martin and shot in self-defense.

Disallowing Martin's criminal background, including arrests by Miami-Dade school district police for drugs, theft, graffiti and other delinquent behavior.(Martin, in fact, had been suspended from school the week he jumped Zimmerman inside his gated townhouse complex, after police found stolen jewelry and burglary tools inside his backpack.

Excluding any testimony from audio experts who could definitively ID Zimmerman's voice screaming for help on 911 calls as Martin bashed his head against a concrete sidewalk.

Allowing, conversely, the last-minute request of plainly desperate prosecutors to have jurors consider an alternative lesser charge of manslaughter to try to secure some kind of conviction, any kind of punishment, in the complete absence of a sound murder case.

Never sanctioning the prosecution despite Zimmerman's lawyers justifiably filing no fewer than six formal complaints against the state for withholding exculpatory and other evidence from them in violation of discovery rules.

Yet repeatedly overruling — at times even reprimanding — Zimmerman's lawyers when they objected to the underhanded tactics of the prosecution.

And even, in one of the most bizarre interventions by a judge many court watchers have ever observed in a criminal case, directly grilling defendant Zimmerman not once, but three times about his intentions to personally testify — while scolding his lawyers not to counsel him in what seemed to many to be an attempt by the court to bully him into taking the stand.

I thought about this post. If TM was a thug GZ would have had serious injuries. I went to school before zero tolerance. This was a time period when teenagers fought without going to jail. A person with a "busted" nose, which is not as serious as a broken nose, will have a lot of blood on his shirt. I do not know what a bugler carries, but I would think it would be something hard. If that is the case, when TM noticed GZ following him, I would have defended himself with it.

The judge covertly supported GZ. She struck the word racial from profiling. Although the defense did not use "stand your ground," the jury's instructions had tenets from the abovementioned law. If the judge did not allow TM 's background to come into play, that benefitted GZ because GZ' criminal record would have been buried.

So, in other words GZ should have laid on the ground beneath TM and let him beat GZ until GZ lost consciousness so that TM could finish the job! Once he started the beating - I am sure TM planned on continuing the attack to a conclusion. His Facebook page had subject matter to his fighting and having a gun (illegally) of his own he and a friend were trying to sell. He was no little "child" like he has been portrayed.

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE - TM attacked GZ when GZ was no longer following TM - if TM had continued on home he would be alive today. You act like GZ had his gun drawn and was chasing TM through the neighborhood and shot him for no reason - I don't believe any of you really watched the trial or listened to any of the evidence - you are just listening to people with closed minds and reacting to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton who have their own agenda.

vickidink

Postby vickidink » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:12 pm

Just received a News Alert on my phone then googled the information: See Below

SANFORD --
The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office says George Zimmerman and another man helped a family of four get out of their vehicle after it overturned last week in Sanford.

Deputies said the accident happened Wednesday around 5:45 p.m. in the area of 1-4 and State Road 46 in Sanford.

Investigators said a blue Ford Explorer SUV with a man and woman and their two children travelled off the road and rolled over.

When deputies arrived they found Zimmerman and another man with the family and deputies said the two men helped the family out of the vehicle.

The sheriff’s office says Zimmerman did not witness the crash and left the scene after speaking with deputies.

No one in the SUV was injured.

NOTE FROM VICKIDINK: GZ didn't have to stop - if anyone recognized him he could have been killed because of vengeance!!

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:34 pm

Quote vickidink: Just received a News Alert on my phone then googled the information: See Below

SANFORD --
The Seminole County Sheriff’s Office says George Zimmerman and another man helped a family of four get out of their vehicle after it overturned last week in Sanford.

Deputies said the accident happened Wednesday around 5:45 p.m. in the area of 1-4 and State Road 46 in Sanford.

Investigators said a blue Ford Explorer SUV with a man and woman and their two children travelled off the road and rolled over.

When deputies arrived they found Zimmerman and another man with the family and deputies said the two men helped the family out of the vehicle.

The sheriff’s office says Zimmerman did not witness the crash and left the scene after speaking with deputies.

No one in the SUV was injured.

NOTE FROM VICKIDINK: GZ didn't have to stop - if anyone recognized him he could have been killed because of vengeance!!

Omg do you want more violence? Only god knows true story but god does not teach killing another..

Return to “The Young and the Restless”