Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
shoozeyque

Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Postby shoozeyque » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Quote barkingdog: Maybe if the media and politicians would have keep their nose out of it the verdict may have been different! I am still trying to figure out why DOJ would file a civil rights lawsuit against Zimmerman when a court has found him not guilty but I guess we will all have to see how it plays out. It amazes me how some of these cases get so much media spin (ex. Casey Anthony, Jodi Aris) when there are other crimes going on a lot worse. A woman in my town was arrested a few months ago for killing 4 of her children but I have not seen that on Nancy Grace, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC or any other media other than local. Just saying!!! ~)

_____

Since it's been about 17 months since Travon's death, and this case ended with last week's verdict of not guilty, (which I think was the only conclusion based on the evidence) - did you know that Travon's parents had threatened the homeowner's association with a lawsuit - and in light of that the HOA IMMEDIATELY made an out of court settlement with them over over $1,000,000. How does that happen when the case hadn't even gone to trial yet and there was no verdict as to guilt or innocence?

How do you get a settlement like that before the criminal trial has been resolved?

Me thinks the cart was put before the horse too soon. I guess the settlement had nothing to do with GZ, but only to take the HOA out of the equation. The HOA handed them over the money as they didn't want an adverse publicity. That's what my guess is as to why they settled so soon. Why couldn't they have waited until after the trial?

A civil suit is sure to follow. A civil suit is held to much lower standards than in a criminal trial. And it's not about the money?

The HOA probably as expetitiously as possible and separately from the trial to avoid an adverse publicity that a criminal trial will bring.

deceived

Postby deceived » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:20 pm

Quote shoozeyque:
Quote FL senior fan: Surprised, but the charges did not fit the incident. Lots of blame being placed on "outside sources" for GZ arrest after Sanford Police initially ruled it self-defense, no case.
GLAD IT'S OVER FOR US; WILL NEVER BE FOR BOTH FAMILIES.

Lots of "what if's" being said on TV now; What if GZ had not gotten out of his car; but then What If TM had not been here because he was expelled from school for fighting? Just saying...it was not cut and dry...good presentation by both State and Defense. Wonder how the Home Owner's Assn. feels now that they settled with Martin's for $1.2Million, with Jury ruling not guilty? Also heard thru a friend in Sanford that so many of those Condo/Townhomes immediately went on the market after this incident, because of criminal behavior and robberies. I followed the trial and felt it could go either way...both sides (Attys) did their jobs well.

_________

I agree with what you said 100%. The verdict was fair and just. The prosecution could not prove their case. It was overcharged. If they perhaps brought manslaughter charges, the verdict might have turned out differently. There's a 100 what if's. We don't know. We don't know what really happened. One person is dead. One person will have to spend the rest of his life living in fear.

It brings to light the question of - if you were confronted by someone who you thought was a threat to your life, would you stand your ground, to defend yourself if you feel your life is being put in danger?

They say GZ can have his gun back. He's crazy if he takes it back. On the flip side, with all the death threats against him and his family, it might not be such a bad idea to have it for protection, which probably starts the whole cycle over again and not in a good way. He's probably going to have to change his looks and change his name and start all over again somewhere else if he expects to find any kind of gainful employment.

As an aside and after thought, sometimes I wonder with all the profiling that may or may not be going on, whether these kids are just goading people into making a violent move just to cause trouble. JMHO. Just saying...

This could go on forever in discussions with no end in sight.

There's another Florida case ready to go to trial in September that is very eerily similar to the George Zimmerman case where a white guy shot and killed a teenage black boy who was in a SUV with several of his friends. Stay tuned for that one. I'd like to see how this turns out with a verdict.

If somebody breaks into your house and threatens you and your family with violence or threatens your life, do you not have the right to protect yourself and your home against the home invader?

I'm just speaking generally. It seems nowadays the

It's getting to the point

It depends upon the state... if we catch someone on our ranch that is threatening, we can still hang them...

As for Trayvon... I don't blame the jury, the judge would not let them hear the most important parts... and the coroner screwed up... and the victim was tested for drugs but not the shooter...
Trayvon, in my opinion, could have been my son, so this is upsetting to me... my kids cut thru their apartment complex with their cell phones and ear plugs, and hoodies in the wintertime... this is very scary...my kids are half-Mexican/White...
Was GZ Mexican??? just curious...

maja

Postby maja » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:25 pm

I always wonder about those of you who keep posting everyone needs to move on because you're tired of hearing, and reading about this case.If this is the case,why do you keep posting messages on this particular topic.If you dislike what those who are protesting peacefully are doing so much, then do what you're constantly asking those of us who don't believe in this verdict....move on!

Skyemichelle

Postby Skyemichelle » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:31 pm

ADMIN please remove this topic. This is a soap board. Thank you!

deceived

Postby deceived » Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:53 pm

Quote maja: I always wonder about those of you who keep posting everyone needs to move on because you're tired of hearing, and reading about this case.If this is the case,why do you keep posting messages on this particular topic.If you dislike what those who are protesting peacefully are doing so much, then do what you're constantly asking those of us who don't believe in this verdict....move on!

ITA... we are debating peacefully...off topic is off topic... we have those sometimes...

JessicaD

Postby JessicaD » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Quote Skyemichelle: ADMIN please remove this topic. This is a soap board. Thank you!
A child died for no reason. Wench.

barkingdog

Postby barkingdog » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:12 pm

PLEAZZZZZZZZZZZE give it a rest. Where was all of this outcry and pity from the race baiters when OJ Simpson walked out of the court a free man and he was guilty as sin. Enough with the noise the jury has spoken and that's the way our system works love it or hate it. If you hate the system then you have a choice of helping change it or moving to another country. ~)

maja

Postby maja » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Quote Skyemichelle: ADMIN please remove this topic. This is a soap board. Thank you!

Seems like you didn't mind stating your views previously on this topic, now suddenly you realize that this is a soap board..hypocrite.Also, there are plenty off topics that are on this board, are you demanding the admin take those down to?

maja

Postby maja » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:43 pm

Seems like you didn't mind stating your views previously on this topic, now suddenly you realize that this is a soap board..hypocrite.Also, there are plenty off topics that are on this board, are you demanding the admin take those down to?

calliope

Postby calliope » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:45 pm

Google 13 month old Antonio West. Where's the outrage for him?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”