Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
maja

Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Postby maja » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm

Quote Lapcat55: SURPRISE! Obama co-sponsored “Stand Your Ground" for Illinois in 2004

What do you bet we won't see this tidbit of information on the Lame Stream Media....Can you say...FLIP...FLOP Obummer??

poorrichardsnews.com/post/56153239239/surprise-
obama-co-sponsored-stand-your-ground-for

I don't care which party holds the office of the President, to be so disrespectful is disgusting. Ijust wish admin would just close this thread.

Lapcat55

Postby Lapcat55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Quote maja:
Quote Lapcat55: SURPRISE! Obama co-sponsored “Stand Your Ground" for Illinois in 2004

What do you bet we won't see this tidbit of information on the Lame Stream Media....Can you say...FLIP...FLOP Obummer??

I don't care which party holds the office of the President, to be so disrespectful is disgusting. Ijust wish admin would just close this thread.

S.B. 2386 passed the Illinois state senate by a 56–0 vote on March 25, 2004. It sailed through the state house with only two “nay” votes. Both chambers were controlled by Democrats.

granny45

Postby granny45 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Quote laarstar: Yes, he's such a nice guy:

(CBS/WFOR) ORLANDO, Fla. - A woman identified only as "Witness 9" in the George Zimmerman case told investigators that he molested her when they were children, information released Monday by the State Attorney's Office reveals.

According to CBS Miami, investigators from the Duval County State Attorney's Office in Sanford interviewed Witness 9, who contacted Sanford police after the Feb. 26 killing of Trayvon Martin.

Witness 9 told investigators that Zimmerman, who is about two years older than her, had sexually molested her from the age of six up until she was 16 years old, CBS Miami reports.

Wait, there's more:

(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - A witness in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin fatal shooting case told investigators Zimmerman's family is racist, as heard in an audio recording released Monday by the special prosecutor's office. The woman, identified as "Witness 9," is heard telling detectives, "They say a lot of bad things about black people."

Witness 9 did claim that Zimmerman "only likes black people who act like white people."

Interesting...why didn't she ever report this before now - or press charges against him?? Convenient that it just now came up. Martin was no good little school boy like he was made out to be either. There were pictures of him with piles of jewelry on his bed (where did that come from??) he smoked pot, he was expelled from school for his behavior that is why he was with his Dad - his mother sent him there because she couldn't handle him. And the name he had for the "white" man (who incidentally isn't even white) was not a nice name either - so I feel there is plenty of blame on his side also. He was not the "nice little boy" they tried to make him out to be. ~)

granny45

Postby granny45 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75:
Quote pocketvenus: There are biased judges, and then there's Debra Nelson.

Here is a list of some of her shameful rulings and behaviors durning this trial, facts in the case that many are not aware of apparently.

These rulings include:

Suppressing exculpatory evidence recovered from the (double-password-protected) cell phone of Trayvon Martin that reveal deleted texts of the 17-year-old bragging about street-fighting with friends and relatives and photos showing him brandishing guns, gangsta-style. This evidence supports Zimmerman's claim he feared Martin and shot in self-defense.

Disallowing Martin's criminal background, including arrests by Miami-Dade school district police for drugs, theft, graffiti and other delinquent behavior.(Martin, in fact, had been suspended from school the week he jumped Zimmerman inside his gated townhouse complex, after police found stolen jewelry and burglary tools inside his backpack.

Excluding any testimony from audio experts who could definitively ID Zimmerman's voice screaming for help on 911 calls as Martin bashed his head against a concrete sidewalk.

Allowing, conversely, the last-minute request of plainly desperate prosecutors to have jurors consider an alternative lesser charge of manslaughter to try to secure some kind of conviction, any kind of punishment, in the complete absence of a sound murder case.

Never sanctioning the prosecution despite Zimmerman's lawyers justifiably filing no fewer than six formal complaints against the state for withholding exculpatory and other evidence from them in violation of discovery rules.

Yet repeatedly overruling — at times even reprimanding — Zimmerman's lawyers when they objected to the underhanded tactics of the prosecution.

And even, in one of the most bizarre interventions by a judge many court watchers have ever observed in a criminal case, directly grilling defendant Zimmerman not once, but three times about his intentions to personally testify — while scolding his lawyers not to counsel him in what seemed to many to be an attempt by the court to bully him into taking the stand.

I thought about this post. If TM was a thug GZ would have had serious injuries. I went to school before zero tolerance. This was a time period when teenagers fought without going to jail. A person with a "busted" nose, which is not as serious as a broken nose, will have a lot of blood on his shirt. I do not know what a bugler carries, but I would think it would be something hard. If that is the case, when TM noticed GZ following him, I would have defended himself with it.

The judge covertly supported GZ. She struck the word racial from profiling. Although the defense did not use "stand your ground," the jury's instructions had tenets from the abovementioned law. If the judge did not allow TM 's background to come into play, that benefitted GZ because GZ' criminal record would have been buried.

So, in other words GZ should have laid on the ground beneath TM and let him beat GZ until GZ lost consciousness so that TM could finish the job! Once he started the beating - I am sure TM planned on continuing the attack to a conclusion. His Facebook page had subject matter to his fighting and having a gun (illegally) of his own he and a friend were trying to sell. He was no little "child" like he has been portrayed.

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE - TM attacked GZ when GZ was no longer following TM - if TM had continued on home he would be alive today. You act like GZ had his gun drawn and was chasing TM through the neighborhood and shot him for no reason - I don't believe any of you really watched the trial or listened to any of the evidence - you are just listening to people with closed minds and reacting to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton who have their own agenda.

So very true!

Lapcat55

Postby Lapcat55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Quote granny45:

Interesting.....he was just on TV yesterday yapping about how the "stand your ground" law should be "looked into" in Florida! Flip....flop....flop!

Obummer is a political windsock.....he will change to whatever direction the wind is blowing.....The complicit media will never challenge him and have become his co-dependent enablers.

maja

Postby maja » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Quote Lapcat55:
Quote granny45:

Interesting.....he was just on TV yesterday yapping about how the "stand your ground" law should be "looked into" in Florida! Flip....flop....flop!

Obummer is a political windsock.....he will change to whatever direction the wind is blowing.....The complicit media will never challenge him and have become his co-dependent enablers.

Like I said, you're disrepectful and you're just proving that with every post.

Lapcat55

Postby Lapcat55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:12 pm

Quote granny45:
Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75:
Quote pocketvenus: There are biased judges, and then there's Debra Nelson.

Here is a list of some of her shameful rulings and behaviors durning this trial, facts in the case that many are not aware of apparently.

These rulings include:

Suppressing exculpatory evidence recovered from the (double-password-protected) cell phone of Trayvon Martin that reveal deleted texts of the 17-year-old bragging about street-fighting with friends and relatives and photos showing him brandishing guns, gangsta-style. This evidence supports Zimmerman's claim he feared Martin and shot in self-defense.

Disallowing Martin's criminal background, including arrests by Miami-Dade school district police for drugs, theft, graffiti and other delinquent behavior.(Martin, in fact, had been suspended from school the week he jumped Zimmerman inside his gated townhouse complex, after police found stolen jewelry and burglary tools inside his backpack.

Excluding any testimony from audio experts who could definitively ID Zimmerman's voice screaming for help on 911 calls as Martin bashed his head against a concrete sidewalk.

Allowing, conversely, the last-minute request of plainly desperate prosecutors to have jurors consider an alternative lesser charge of manslaughter to try to secure some kind of conviction, any kind of punishment, in the complete absence of a sound murder case.

Never sanctioning the prosecution despite Zimmerman's lawyers justifiably filing no fewer than six formal complaints against the state for withholding exculpatory and other evidence from them in violation of discovery rules.

Yet repeatedly overruling — at times even reprimanding — Zimmerman's lawyers when they objected to the underhanded tactics of the prosecution.

And even, in one of the most bizarre interventions by a judge many court watchers have ever observed in a criminal case, directly grilling defendant Zimmerman not once, but three times about his intentions to personally testify — while scolding his lawyers not to counsel him in what seemed to many to be an attempt by the court to bully him into taking the stand.

I thought about this post. If TM was a thug GZ would have had serious injuries. I went to school before zero tolerance. This was a time period when teenagers fought without going to jail. A person with a "busted" nose, which is not as serious as a broken nose, will have a lot of blood on his shirt. I do not know what a bugler carries, but I would think it would be something hard. If that is the case, when TM noticed GZ following him, I would have defended himself with it.

The judge covertly supported GZ. She struck the word racial from profiling. Although the defense did not use "stand your ground," the jury's instructions had tenets from the abovementioned law. If the judge did not allow TM 's background to come into play, that benefitted GZ because GZ' criminal record would have been buried.

So, in other words GZ should have laid on the ground beneath TM and let him beat GZ until GZ lost consciousness so that TM could finish the job! Once he started the beating - I am sure TM planned on continuing the attack to a conclusion. His Facebook page had subject matter to his fighting and having a gun (illegally) of his own he and a friend were trying to sell. He was no little "child" like he has been portrayed.

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE - TM attacked GZ when GZ was no longer following TM - if TM had continued on home he would be alive today. You act like GZ had his gun drawn and was chasing TM through the neighborhood and shot him for no reason - I don't believe any of you really watched the trial or listened to any of the evidence - you are just listening to people with closed minds and reacting to Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton who have their own agenda.

So very true!

Question: If you repeal "stand your ground" laws, how are black people going to legally defend themselves from all the evil white people that are hunting them in the streets these days?

Lapcat55

Postby Lapcat55 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 pm

Quote maja:
Quote Lapcat55:
Quote granny45:

Like I said, you're disrepectful and you're just proving that with every post.

"I voted for the bill, before I voted against it"......At least this administration is consistent. Consistently stupid and hypocritical.

laarstar

Postby laarstar » Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:17 pm

Quote granny45:
Quote laarstar: Yes, he's such a nice guy:

(CBS/WFOR) ORLANDO, Fla. - A woman identified only as "Witness 9" in the George Zimmerman case told investigators that he molested her when they were children, information released Monday by the State Attorney's Office reveals.

According to CBS Miami, investigators from the Duval County State Attorney's Office in Sanford interviewed Witness 9, who contacted Sanford police after the Feb. 26 killing of Trayvon Martin.

Witness 9 told investigators that Zimmerman, who is about two years older than her, had sexually molested her from the age of six up until she was 16 years old, CBS Miami reports.

Wait, there's more:

(CBS) SANFORD, Fla. - A witness in the George Zimmerman-Trayvon Martin fatal shooting case told investigators Zimmerman's family is racist, as heard in an audio recording released Monday by the special prosecutor's office. The woman, identified as "Witness 9," is heard telling detectives, "They say a lot of bad things about black people."

Witness 9 did claim that Zimmerman "only likes black people who act like white people."

Interesting...why didn't she ever report this before now - or press charges against him?? Convenient that it just now came up. Martin was no good little school boy like he was made out to be either. There were pictures of him with piles of jewelry on his bed (where did that come from??) he smoked pot, he was expelled from school for his behavior that is why he was with his Dad - his mother sent him there because she couldn't handle him. And the name he had for the "white" man (who incidentally isn't even white) was not a nice name either - so I feel there is plenty of blame on his side also. He was not the "nice little boy" they tried to make him out to be. ~)

Witness 9, his cousin, went to the police 2 days after the murder was committed. The defense fought to keep it out of the trial. Also, Trayvon was not a thug. The right wing-controlled media went to work immediately to discredit him. I live in Canada and our news reporting is less biased than your news reporting.

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:33 pm

Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75:
Quote vickidink:
Quote shalaydra75: If they have to select a jury from FL I think TM's family would have the same outcome. I hope the DOJ file a civil rights suit against him.

what is with Florida bashing - this trial and verdict could have happened anywhere - the case was not a stand your ground case - it was a self defense case - even TM's parents and attorneys said it was not about race And there are stand your ground laws (even though not relevant in this case) in a lot of other states - race was not the issue in this case - GM took black girl to his prom - he mentored black children - his best friend is black - FBI has interviewed hundreds of people and not one has said he is racist - enough Florida bashing already !!

Unfortunately, I live in "stand your ground state.". I have to be much more alert. I have been bashing FL because

A poster in one of the TM/GZ threads bragged about being a profiler and implied that he/she roams his/her neighborhood with a loaded gun.

After the trial, the defense lawyers did not have the decency to be gracious.

In 2000 it could not count its votes.

In 2012, it engaged in voter suppression.

It trained the 911 pilots.

Yes, I live in a conservative state but it does not engage in the aforementioned endeavors.

Strom Thurmond, the leader of the Dixiecrats had a black/biracial child. I would live to track down the black kids that GZ mentored. I hope he did not teach them to be submissive.

How was the defense not gracious? I saw their interview and the prosecution interview - what did you want them to say to be gracious? Please explain. And while you are at it please explain how the vote counting in 2000 or the training of the 911 pilots has anything to do with Zimmerman. So the people of Florida are horrendous people because of the things you mentioned? Where is this perfect state you live in? Bashing the people of an entire state for an incident is ridiculous.

As for you finding the students Zimmerman tutored to find out if he did it to make them submissive - Whites/Hispanics who tutor Black children do not do it to harm those students in any way - they do it to HELP them to become better students, get extra attention so they can grow to become educated responsible men and women and make up for whatever instruction is missing in their lives just as they do for White children. And I may add WE(yes I tutor children of all races as well)do it for FREE!

The defense was victorious and the prosecution lost. In my world the victorious team is always gracious. (Prosecutor Angela Corey was smiling during the whole interview, which solidified my belief that she and the judge just wanted they nation to think that they were doing something while in reality they were just supporting GZ.)
I never said that GZ had anything to do with the 2000 debacle or the 911 pilots. I am just saying that a lot of weird stuff happen in FL. I will admit that I live in an extraordinarily weird state, but I can always count on FL to “one up it.”
I volunteer with my local school system as a reading friend for disadvantage students. I often find children who I have to push hard because some other “tutor” has encouraged that student to forgo advanced courses. Those same students pay way attention to manner (saying yes Ma’am) than their lesson. I, therefore, do not respect a person just because they claim that they are “tutors,” because I know for fact that a lot of “tutors” teach children to believe that they are inferior and submissive.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”