Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Chuckyducky

Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Postby Chuckyducky » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:06 pm

They agreed that he shot 17-year-old Martin Trayvon in self defense and found him not guilty of all charges.

How do some of you feel about the verdict's decision?

Calmie

Re: Off-Topic: Geoge Zimmerman was found not guilty!

Postby Calmie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:00 am

God is in control, the boy is in a better place, he Zimmerman still has to live with the fact that he ended a child's life. He will never be at peace. NEVER.

carmelkiss

Postby carmelkiss » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:50 am

It is my belief that although the verdict said not guilty Zimmerman will suffer as long as he lives. Many people from all walks of life feels a certain amount of injustice. I am saddened by the outcome but not surprised. Society has made great strides where race is concerned however there is still work to do!

shalaydra75

Postby shalaydra75 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:07 am

From listening to GZ's statements on the Hannity show and his lawyers' statement, I do think that he has any regrets. He may live in fear of the DOJ filing civil rights charges against him or TM's family filing a civil lawsuit against.

soapoperapimp

Postby soapoperapimp » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:48 am

zimmerman meet karma :0

tiddies

Postby tiddies » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:02 am

I am disgusted with the verdict. He stalked and hunted down a young boy and shot him dead.. then when asked about it he said he would change nothing if he could/./. wtfffffffffffff he killed a kid who had a bag of skittles and a freaking drink.. the next kid to be killed could be mine.. or yours.. I think we should all feel outraged.. this bastard followed this kid and shot him dead...

velocity

Postby velocity » Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:49 am

Hi Chucky ducky, I am saddened by the verdict. I feel George Zimmerman was On a Power Trip. Things didn't go as he thought it would and he didn't come out the hero. In the other thread, Many good points were brought up. Yours and blue501s Points were spot on. I feel sympathy for Trayvons Martin's family. How sad they must be because one man wanted to play cop And their son is gone, Forever.

FL senior fan

Postby FL senior fan » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:53 am

Surprised, but the charges did not fit the incident. Lots of blame being placed on "outside sources" for GZ arrest after Sanford Police initially ruled it self-defense, no case.
GLAD IT'S OVER FOR US; WILL NEVER BE FOR BOTH FAMILIES.

Lots of "what if's" being said on TV now; What if GZ had not gotten out of his car; but then What If TM had not been here because he was expelled from school for fighting? Just saying...it was not cut and dry...good presentation by both State and Defense. Wonder how the Home Owner's Assn. feels now that they settled with Martin's for $1.2Million, with Jury ruling not guilty? Also heard thru a friend in Sanford that so many of those Condo/Townhomes immediately went on the market after this incident, because of criminal behavior and robberies. I followed the trial and felt it could go either way...both sides (Attys) did their jobs well.

barkingdog

Postby barkingdog » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:35 am

Maybe if the media and politicians would have keep their nose out of it the verdict may have been different! I am still trying to figure out why DOJ would file a civil rights lawsuit against Zimmerman when a court has found him not guilty but I guess we will all have to see how it plays out. It amazes me how some of these cases get so much media spin (ex. Casey Anthony, Jodi Aris) when there are other crimes going on a lot worse. A woman in my town was arrested a few months ago for killing 4 of her children but I have not seen that on Nancy Grace, CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC or any other media other than local. Just saying!!! ~)

Sportyster

Postby Sportyster » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:42 am

I read this today and it basically sums up everything I think about this case

The fundamental danger of an acquittal is not race riots, it's more George Zimmermans

The outcome of this is that that people can profile, stalk, instigate a confrontation then kill, all in the name of "self defense".

Return to “The Young and the Restless”