If Phyllis is killed off, will you drop Y&R?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Coonfoot

Re: If Phyllis is killed off, will you drop Y&R?

Postby Coonfoot » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:49 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Coonfoot: Well, I won't stop watching because she's leaving because she wasn't the whole show. I understand why everyone is upset. Phyllis is a legacy character for sure. But, you got to admit that while MAB was writing, Phyllis was involved in every storyline. While her most fervent fans enjoyed every scene, the fans of other legacy characters got the shaft. I don't like that she's leaving because MS was Phyllis, but it won't ruin it for me.

Oh I didn't enjoy how MAB wrote her at all. Hated it actually and I quit watching a few times.

I think there are very few who liked the way MAB wrote any character. But, I'm not going to stop watching because I want to see where they are going with this. Also, when some FF through parts of the show or only read updates, etc., you miss little nuances with the scenes that give you clues as to where things may be going. I've been watching since the beginning, along with AWT and GL, and don't intend to quit now. Too much time invested to leave now.

On a Clear Day

Postby On a Clear Day » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:56 pm

Quote Coonfoot:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote Coonfoot: Well, I won't stop watching because she's leaving because she wasn't the whole show. I understand why everyone is upset. Phyllis is a legacy character for sure. But, you got to admit that while MAB was writing, Phyllis was involved in every storyline. While her most fervent fans enjoyed every scene, the fans of other legacy characters got the shaft. I don't like that she's leaving because MS was Phyllis, but it won't ruin it for me.

Oh I didn't enjoy how MAB wrote her at all. Hated it actually and I quit watching a few times.

I think there are very few who liked the way MAB wrote any character. But, I'm not going to stop watching because I want to see where they are going with this. Also, when some FF through parts of the show or only read updates, etc., you miss little nuances with the scenes that give you clues as to where things may be going. I've been watching since the beginning, along with AWT and GL, and don't intend to quit now. Too much time invested to leave now.

I agree with what you say. However, I just wish there could be a little more happiness for characters and not just all sadness, chaos, etc. In the good old days of soaps, they really developed the families and showed them in their households interacting and often being happy getting, married, staying together for a decent amount of time and having kids. Some may say that is boring but we need some good times too along with all the depression, backstabbing and betrayal. I just wish they'd cut some of these characters some breaks and show them making smart decisions and having happiness once in a while.

AdrianeG

Postby AdrianeG » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:00 pm

Quote msbetty: I so agree with you. I hate it that they are getting rid of MS. There is no way they can recast the part of Phyllis. MS is the best at playing Phyllis. I just can't understand the writers of Y&R, why would they want to let one of the best they have get away. Please keep MS as Phyllis. Phyllis and Jack deserve a chance at some happiness.

I was under the impression that MS WAS THE ONE who decided to leave the show, not that TPTB got rid of her.

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Quote On a Clear Day:
Quote Coonfoot:
Quote Sunnyflower:

I agree with what you say. However, I just wish there could be a little more happiness for characters and not just all sadness, chaos, etc. In the good old days of soaps, they really developed the families and showed them in their households interacting and often being happy getting, married, staying together for a decent amount of time and having kids. Some may say that is boring but we need some good times too along with all the depression, backstabbing and betrayal. I just wish they'd cut some of these characters some breaks and show them making smart decisions and having happiness once in a while.

I agree with you both. MAB wrote misery and now we are getting more misery, just of a more boring type.

All every character does is whine! OMG.

I have been watching, but I really don't know for how much longer. And it has nothing to do with Phyllis leaving. I just don't think I can stand it much longer.

Lanie1959

Postby Lanie1959 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:10 pm

regardless of what happens to Red I don't have any plans to stop watching any time soon

On a Clear Day

Postby On a Clear Day » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:11 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote On a Clear Day:
Quote Coonfoot:
Quote Sunnyflower:

I agree with you both. MAB wrote misery and now we are getting more misery, just of a more boring type.

I have been watching, but I really don't know for how much longer. And it has nothing to do with Phyllis leaving. I just don't think I can stand it much longer.

Truer words were never spoken!

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:20 pm

Quote On a Clear Day:
Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote On a Clear Day:
Quote Coonfoot:
Quote Sunnyflower:

Truer words were never spoken!

So it isn't just me then? ;)

SadieLadie

Postby SadieLadie » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:32 pm

MS was not forced out. Leaving was her choice; to do other projects.

And I don't think the characters on Y&R "whine" near as much as posters on here do. If you're not happy with the show, don't watch. Nobody's forcing you. If you want to voice your opinion, that's fine. But constantly threatening to quit is just sad. Nobody cares if you watch or not. Just don't watch. No announcement necessary. :D

Sunnyflower

Postby Sunnyflower » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:35 pm

Quote SadieLadie: MS was not forced out. Leaving was her choice; to do other projects.

And I don't think the characters on Y&R "whine" near as much as posters on here do. If you're not happy with the show, don't watch. Nobody's forcing you. If you want to voice your opinion, that's fine. But constantly threatening to quit is just sad. Nobody cares if you watch or not. Just don't watch. No announcement necessary. :D

Hahaha! :D

Return to “The Young and the Restless”