Tabby (Tyler & Abby)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sunnyflower

Re: Tabby (Tyler & Abby)

Postby Sunnyflower » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:11 pm

I hate this Abby. Hate her. I don't even want to talk about it. >(

AdrianeG

Postby AdrianeG » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:42 pm

Quote SlowDownSpunky:
Quote AdrianeG:
Quote Pretty Emerald: I actually like them together! i was glad that Abby didn't give him "happy pie"! Looks like she is making better choices.

I agree. I really am looking forward to seeing Tabby together again.

I am too but the episode they appeared in together on Thursday wasn't as impressive as any of their previous interactions. Those previous moments were full of cute bantering, subtle flirting, engagig back-n-forths, etc. Yet each time Chavez popped in to claim Abby, Tyler was respectful enough to back away and exit and leave the two of them alone. Now after learning that Abby is no longer seeing her cop boyfriend Tyler tried to speed things up too quick. I'm glad the writers gave Abby enough sense to slow things down but I was more disappointed that they had written such a bad moment like that quick deep kiss in the first place.

Hopefully in the next few weeks we will see more well-written moments between Abby and Tyler to lead to a new thread on these boards for these two characters. A thread that is a non-bash one so that the viewers who find Tyler "disgusting" will have to express those opinions somehwere else.

I agree the kiss was kind of quick however I think it had to do more with attraction than anything else. I too would like to see them interacting several times more before they end up as lovers.

And I am all for :) a Tabby- "Fans only" specs included thread be created on the board if the writers look like they are matching these 2 up as a couple.

AdrianeG

Postby AdrianeG » Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:58 pm

Here are a few sentences from RW describing his character of Tyler Michaelson in wikipedia.

According to Williams, Tyler is "intrigued" by Abby's unpredictable nature and said that their natural attraction could lead to romance. However, Williams hinted that Tyler's interest in Abby could be his attempt to "suppress his feelings" for Lily
Abby's boyfriend Detective Alex Chavez could complicate things if Tyler were to actually fall for Abby.

However, if Tyler feels he is getting in too deep, "he steps back." Williams stated that a potential romance could come, but Tyler is weary of getting into a "situation where he could become the victim."

Now this was BEFORE the writers tore Alex and Abby apart. It leads me to believe they like the chemistry between Abby & Tyler. What do TABBY FANS think?

yrn33

Postby yrn33 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:30 am

Quote Gypsy12: Truth is, Tyler can't have Lily so he will jump on any female that is available (or not). He is a very angry young man. But if Abby does get involved, she will soon find out what he is about and let it go. She is too smart.

Agreed. The writers have created the Tyler character to be a horn dog, with little or no class. Abby and Alex parted ways because they just came from different backgrounds; if she tries the "brotha stud" thing, she will tire of it very quickly when he sees the next fair babe and follows her in heat with, as usual, the small head.

YRFAN4EVA

Postby YRFAN4EVA » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:03 pm

I really like the new abby. she is different then the old abby but i think its a new improved version. I think this new couple is hot.

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Quote Pretty Emerald: I actually like them together! i was glad that Abby didn't give him "happy pie"! Looks like she is making better choices.

Love nuAbby, Love Tyler - Love them together!! Very cute and refreshing, compared to the same old drivel between Billy and Victoria; Chelsea and Dylan; Lily and Cane- etc. etc.

fairland

Postby fairland » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Quote kn1231:
Quote BigBluePlate: I was so glad Abby put the kibosh on Tyler's advances at the party. I mean really-- did he expect her to do it in front of all those people? Tyler is extremely arrogant and used to getting what he wants with very little effort. I hope Abby makes him work for it before she gets involved with him, especially since he's so clearly not over Lily yet.

I had a completely different take on the scene. I thought it was quite playful, and you could tell both participants were enjoying it. I'm happy Abby slowed it down, because that means we will get to see more of this couple. I love this pairing, but I would accept any pairing with Tyler as long as its not Lily. He needs to move on from her, she's not worth his time.

I am in agreement mood today for some very good reason. I agree that tyler does need to move on from lily. lily is married. lily should not go after tyler for any reason. what was the commit that cane was making that cane would help out tyler to move back to New York and away from my love couple that is Abby and tyler. Cane is as arrogant as tyler. tyler has moved on from another women that is not with Cane wife lily. Abby and tyler do deserves each other.

trixie60

Postby trixie60 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:11 pm

Quote Lizzytish:

Love nuAbby, Love Tyler - Love them together!! Very cute and refreshing, compared to the same old drivel between Billy and Victoria; Chelsea and Dylan; Lily and Cane- etc. etc.

ITA New Abby and Tyler make a great looking couple and I like them together. At first I wanted to see Tyler and Lily together but changed my mind. Abby is free to date who she wants and so is Tyler. They are singles and just having fun for now. I liked the fact that Abby did not choose to have sex with Tyler right away. The fact that shes taking her time is a good thing and something different to see with a couple on this show. This is the one thing the writers have done right.

catherineb

Postby catherineb » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:09 pm

I can't believe how much i love Abby and Tyler, they have so much chemistry more than i can say for Lily and Tyler. I think Lily brings down Tyler's character, they don't have chemistry at all it's like two pretty people you know but when it comes to Abby and Tyler now these two have potential i hope Tyler doesn't screw up. Abby clearly likes Tyler but is scared and doesn't want it to end up like hers and Alex's relationship. I think Tyler is moving on and likes Abby already you can tell. I love Tyler's character

fairland

Postby fairland » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Quote StarW:
Quote kn1231: I think they are refreshing, nice to finally see Tyler moving on from Lily. Which is what everyone wanted in the first place.

Everyone? :D Lol. Not sure about that. Not sure about that at all. Only Lane fans (for some obvious reasons) and Lily haters.

Boy and we need lily haters. maybe Lily got of a the wrong tracks from where I ma writing. I mean how jealous does lily need to be to think that lily has any entitlement to tyler. Tyler and abby fans are here. I ma one of those fans. hey all. I love your commit. for more lily haters. I do find it refreshing to see more of tyler and Abby are together. I am in agreement it is refreshing to see tyler move on with another that is Abby. I love there connection to each other. I love that Abby want to take things slow with tyler as well.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”