DID YOU NOTICE THIS?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Jacqueline1961

DID YOU NOTICE THIS?

Postby Jacqueline1961 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:53 pm

Old style white phone on gigantic charge stand on Michael and Lauren's bedside end table

Epiphany

Re: DID YOU NOTICE THIS?

Postby Epiphany » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:22 pm

Yes, in fact I did notice the phone. It stood out like a sore thumb. But I have one of those land phones, too. Its kind of refreshing to see a phone like they were meant to be--in your house, not in your pocket, talking to everyone under creation, non-stop. Just my opinion. And I have to say, also, it kind of made me laugh. Its like on the old episodes of Seinfeld, where Jerry answers his portable phone thats as big as a brick. Now our cell phones are so small that I lose it in my purse. Take care!

Milkshake24

Postby Milkshake24 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:32 pm

Quote Epiphany: Yes, in fact I did notice the phone. It stood out like a sore thumb. But I have one of those land phones, too. Its kind of refreshing to see a phone like they were meant to be--in your house, not in your pocket, talking to everyone under creation, non-stop. Just my opinion. And I have to say, also, it kind of made me laugh. Its like on the old episodes of Seinfeld, where Jerry answers his portable phone thats as big as a brick. Now our cell phones are so small that I lose it in my purse. Take care!

I remember Nina had a phone that was see thru and flashed when it rang..I had the same phone at the time and loved it cause I could shut the ringer off and it glowed in the dark. I was a teen and my punishment was often the phone taken away so I lied said it broke so when the phone was taken I plugged this in and new when I was getting a call!

hubbardfan

Postby hubbardfan » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:35 pm

I didn't notice that, but I, for one, still use landline phones! I have a cellphone, but it's only for when I go out, in case of an emergency or I need to contact someone while I'm out; it doesn't have a camera, either! Most officials will tell you that in an emergency, e.g. earthquake, etc., most cell phone towers will be jammed and it would be nearly impossible to get through to anyone, so it's best to have a landline phone as backup! For me, some things will never go out of style, such as knowing how to write a coherent composition/essay; write, address, and mail a letter! I don't text; as a retired educator, I'm stunned @the lack of language skills used by so many people: lack of capitals or punctuation, just one long string of words that are almost unintelligible; really poor spelling and grammar, etc.; if this is a sign of the times, we're in deep trouble, imo!

Calmie

Postby Calmie » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:50 pm

No one noticed it, only Carmine. Besides it was their beside, no one goes in there besides them and Fen and.

Barbyboo

Postby Barbyboo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:18 pm

Mike should use the phone to transfer fen to psyco ward

pink kiity

Postby pink kiity » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:24 pm

i didnt notice that but all hospital still have those phone still because you camt used a cell phone in the hospital for some reason, but i did notice the quick shot of the boom mike over nick head yesterday ~)

Newzzz Guru

Postby Newzzz Guru » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:09 pm

Noooo, I didn't notice that per se, but I did notice that Michael looked at the "caller ID" before he answered it - which (I guess in turn) made me think for a quick second, "Hey! That isn't a cell phone..."

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:40 pm

Quote pink kiity: i didnt notice that but all hospital still have those phone still because you camt used a cell phone in the hospital for some reason, but i did notice the quick shot of the boom mike over nick head yesterday ~)

I think cell phones can interfere with equipment or devices, esp cardiac monitors. They always have a sign at the doctor's office to turn off your cell phone too.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”