A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
On a Clear Day

Re: A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Postby On a Clear Day » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote On a Clear Day: There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

After last week with Phyllis saying that stupid dialogue in her head, and Dudley Do-right bursting in to save Lauren from the RR tracks while Snidely Whiplash vanished, and Abby giggling, and Lily being jealous, and Sharon still talking to a ghost.... it's official, I no longer care about any character on the show. My intelligence has been insulted to a new low and as much as I want to enjoy my once favorite show, I can't bring myself to tune in.

Don't forget poor Neil, different day, different booth, same coffee cup.

That is hilarious! You are absolutely right.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Quote On a Clear Day:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote On a Clear Day: There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

After last week with Phyllis saying that stupid dialogue in her head, and Dudley Do-right bursting in to save Lauren from the RR tracks while Snidely Whiplash vanished, and Abby giggling, and Lily being jealous, and Sharon still talking to a ghost.... it's official, I no longer care about any character on the show. My intelligence has been insulted to a new low and as much as I want to enjoy my once favorite show, I can't bring myself to tune in.

Don't forget poor Neil, different day, different booth, same coffee cup.

That is hilarious! You are absolutely right.

Funny because it's true!!! So many others I could do that to, so little time.. :D

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

I would give them a grade of D-

They have angst writing down pat -- but they have very little romance going on in their scripts. The only things I can remember (for us Chadam fans) is the baby blanket scene, Adam carrying Chelsea to hospital, and catching her at the staircase.)

Look around!!! There are no couples who are currently very happy. Michael and Lauren are finally emerging but this entire soap has been a MESS.

They prolong stories WAY too long, i.e. Chelsea's baby. They have "spent" Chelsea's character (as well as Adam's) by propping Steve Burton. He's a nice guy but his character is pitiful and he has WAY too much air time compared to the veterans of the show.

If they pull of a good Chadam reunion I would boost the grade, but not by much because they've strung us along way too long.

I'm hanging on by a thread. Would hate to leave Y&R after 40 years but I will if they continue to only add angst and twists/turns with little to no romance.

Thanks for this thread!

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:58 pm

J. Griffin's writing did not show up until middle of Oct.
so, I don't know what this title refers to.. This is only the beginning of August. We have 3 mooe months before a year is up.

JGriffin DID NOT start the down spiral of Sharon.. .. goooooo read what people posted about the new regime coming under "New Writers" and see what people wrote how unhappy they were with MAB..

Pauls

Postby Pauls » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:42 am

What's lower than an "F"? In 40 years I have never been driven to stop watching because I was so disgusted with the SLs. The past 4-5 years have been intolerable and I waited and waited and waited with high hopes and numerous promises that things were going to improve, that the viewers were really going to like the direction of various SLs, etc., but none of this has ever happened IMO. I don't watch much any more, but I'm assuming Chelsea's still pregnant, Dylan still thinks he's the father, Victoria and Billy are together? Split up? It's always one or the other and it happens so often it doesn't matter. Nick and Avery make it down the aisle? Doesn't matter 'cause I don't care for them. Phyllis is gone, I guess, from what I read. Summer and Kyle still trying to keep themselves apart because they are brother and sister? Or they aren't? Sharon is completely destroyed and I finally gave up on the numerous promises that her character would be redeemed and she would start being the Sharon I remember. Cane and Lily make me gag. Adam's still a star, I'm sure. Gosh, just writing about these long, overdrawn, back and forth, never ending SLs make me want to scream. I'm glad for those that feel the writing is better, but my patience is gone when it comes to the show I looked forward to 5 days a week for 40+ years.

It just frustrates me so much because, really, it doesn't take that much effort to write better SLs. I see ideas all over the boards and I have had many myself. It takes imagination and creativity and from what I've seen over the past 4-5 years, the writers and TIIC have absolutely none of either. JMHO.

TheCat

Postby TheCat » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:19 am

Quote Coastal1: I give them both "F" grades.

They are driving away fans who have been watching since Day #1.

That's unforgiveable.

I give them an F too. They are horrible story tellers.

dafyduc

Postby dafyduc » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:56 am

Quote Sylviastel: I can't believe it's only been a year since MAB was fired to no surprise. Worse was the hiring of Jill Farren Phelps as executive producer and Josh Griffith as head writer. Josh is Jill's yes man anyway. In the last year, we heard the dis-satisfaction via twitter perhaps because they tightened the leaks on spoilers out there as if the audiences aren't sophisticated enough. I can't grade fairly since I know her history but the show has been predictable and even boring at times. I would like to see the veterans especially Eric Braeden's Victor on more at times. With the death of Jeanne Cooper, Kay's demise is going to change the canvas much more. Michelle Stafford recently complained that she couldn't go to her daughter's school for an event recently. In the past maybe under MAB, her schedule may have allowed her to work around it but not under JFP who mistreated Genie Francis (Genevieve/Laura) on GH. JFP doesn't seem to care for the women as much as the men on her show. I bet that JFP had played a part in MM's quitting twitter. She probably checked his contract out. Too bad, she didn't check out Beverlee McKinsey's contract on GL. JFP should have been fired when Beverlee McKinsey quit the show in dramatic fashion but they kept JFP on. Even though, Beverlee complained about the heavy workload who was probably not in the best physical health at the time of the show. If JFP really cared about her and the fans, she would have cut her workload down to a supporting role but she didn't. She drove her to quit. JFP killed off beloved Maureen Bauer on GL; Frankie Winthrop on AW; and ruined One Life to Live. JFP should be banned from the medium of soap operas but yet she gets paid lots of money and ruins shows. Maybe it's what Sony and CBS want overall to get Young and Restless canceled. First, Michelle Stafford is going and we'll just have to wait and see who's next.

I give them both a big fat F-. They cannot keep my interest anymore. I have missed the show in the past because of school or work, but now I really don't want to waste my time on this trash. When they started pushing avery and chelsea to the front I knew it was the beginning of the end for me

GrammaIge

Postby GrammaIge » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:08 am

F, I hate the way that they are writing women. I worked in business all my life and would prefer a woman`s input over most men`s any day of the week. JPG doesn't seem to be coming from women`s point of view at all. The great greatest majority of viewers are women, so why aren't they listening to the viewers?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”