A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Sylviastel

Re: A Year Since MAB Left, grade JFP & JG!

Postby Sylviastel » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Quote jacksmyguy:
Quote Homesick Cajun: One of the biggest problems to me is at this point these guys have done SO much damage that if a new EP came in tomorrow we would be looking at months, if not longer, to repair this program. I am not certain that I have time or the patience for that. I have much better things I can be doing with my time. It is very frustrating to watch as is.

So many newbies, so little time.
Snails move faster.
Horrible re-casts
Repetitive scenes. (I don't think the actors even have to memorize lines anymore)
Nicks sorry; Chelsea is upset; Victoria is a shrew;
and don't forget Leslie, her lines consist of blah blah
blah Rose blah blah blah Rose blah blah blah.

I certainly give them a big bold red letter F.

I completely agree with everything you just said. Poor Jeanne Cooper is probably turning over in her grave at the shambles that has been made out of her beloved show in such a short amount of time by a handful of people who apparently don't care how they continue to ruin it.

Jeanne was cremated per her wishes! I'm sure she and bill bell are in shock over the state of the current show!

Castro

Postby Castro » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:12 pm

The new regime gets a C from me. MAB was hideous. Hoping to see the stories flow a bit better (as in not drag on).

On a Clear Day

Postby On a Clear Day » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:11 pm

There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

After last week with Phyllis saying that stupid dialogue in her head, and Dudley Do-right bursting in to save Lauren from the RR tracks while Snidely Whiplash vanished, and Abby giggling, and Lily being jealous, and Sharon still talking to a ghost.... it's official, I no longer care about any character on the show. My intelligence has been insulted to a new low and as much as I want to enjoy my once favorite show, I can't bring myself to tune in.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:23 pm

Quote On a Clear Day: There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

After last week with Phyllis saying that stupid dialogue in her head, and Dudley Do-right bursting in to save Lauren from the RR tracks while Snidely Whiplash vanished, and Abby giggling, and Lily being jealous, and Sharon still talking to a ghost.... it's official, I no longer care about any character on the show. My intelligence has been insulted to a new low and as much as I want to enjoy my once favorite show, I can't bring myself to tune in.

Don't forget poor Neil, different day, different booth, same coffee cup.

sunmama

Postby sunmama » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:34 pm

I'll give it a big F, and a big F U to JFP.

MAB'S Y&R was like riding the crazy train.

On a Clear Day

Postby On a Clear Day » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:36 pm

Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote On a Clear Day: There were times when I would have given them a C or even a B but now it's a solid F.

That is hilarious! You are absolutely right.

Homesick Cajun

Postby Homesick Cajun » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:39 pm

Quote On a Clear Day:
Quote Homesick Cajun:

That is hilarious! You are absolutely right.

Funny because it's true!!! So many others I could do that to, so little time.. :D

justtwocents

Postby justtwocents » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:11 pm

I would give them a grade of D-

They have angst writing down pat -- but they have very little romance going on in their scripts. The only things I can remember (for us Chadam fans) is the baby blanket scene, Adam carrying Chelsea to hospital, and catching her at the staircase.)

Look around!!! There are no couples who are currently very happy. Michael and Lauren are finally emerging but this entire soap has been a MESS.

They prolong stories WAY too long, i.e. Chelsea's baby. They have "spent" Chelsea's character (as well as Adam's) by propping Steve Burton. He's a nice guy but his character is pitiful and he has WAY too much air time compared to the veterans of the show.

If they pull of a good Chadam reunion I would boost the grade, but not by much because they've strung us along way too long.

I'm hanging on by a thread. Would hate to leave Y&R after 40 years but I will if they continue to only add angst and twists/turns with little to no romance.

Thanks for this thread!

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:58 pm

J. Griffin's writing did not show up until middle of Oct.
so, I don't know what this title refers to.. This is only the beginning of August. We have 3 mooe months before a year is up.

JGriffin DID NOT start the down spiral of Sharon.. .. goooooo read what people posted about the new regime coming under "New Writers" and see what people wrote how unhappy they were with MAB..

Pauls

Postby Pauls » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:42 am

What's lower than an "F"? In 40 years I have never been driven to stop watching because I was so disgusted with the SLs. The past 4-5 years have been intolerable and I waited and waited and waited with high hopes and numerous promises that things were going to improve, that the viewers were really going to like the direction of various SLs, etc., but none of this has ever happened IMO. I don't watch much any more, but I'm assuming Chelsea's still pregnant, Dylan still thinks he's the father, Victoria and Billy are together? Split up? It's always one or the other and it happens so often it doesn't matter. Nick and Avery make it down the aisle? Doesn't matter 'cause I don't care for them. Phyllis is gone, I guess, from what I read. Summer and Kyle still trying to keep themselves apart because they are brother and sister? Or they aren't? Sharon is completely destroyed and I finally gave up on the numerous promises that her character would be redeemed and she would start being the Sharon I remember. Cane and Lily make me gag. Adam's still a star, I'm sure. Gosh, just writing about these long, overdrawn, back and forth, never ending SLs make me want to scream. I'm glad for those that feel the writing is better, but my patience is gone when it comes to the show I looked forward to 5 days a week for 40+ years.

It just frustrates me so much because, really, it doesn't take that much effort to write better SLs. I see ideas all over the boards and I have had many myself. It takes imagination and creativity and from what I've seen over the past 4-5 years, the writers and TIIC have absolutely none of either. JMHO.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”