Nick, "I Did It For The Right Reasons!" = WTF

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Kimmd

Re: Nick,

Postby Kimmd » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:34 pm

Quote janetb:
Quote Kimmd:
Quote janetb:
Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman ~)

The Newmans never pay or take responsibility when thy use and hurt other people.Now Nick is blaming it on God, who shouldn't have taken another child away from him.News flash Nick,Summer was never yours to lose, you took her from Jack.Nick is such a moron.

Nick has his faults like everyone else but he is a great father! He deserved Summer, Jack doesn't. Jack didn't give two figs about Phyllis baby once he knew Phyllis didn't want HIM! Jack could have taken the test, he didn't because that baby never mattered to him. Just like his sons never mattered to him. Just like his niece Coleen didn't matter to him, which is one of the reasons she is dead!

Jack has his faults just like everyone else in GC but it doesn't justify Nick's lie.

If Jack had cared enough to take the test himself, this would not be an issue. Jack wanted Phyllis, her baby was just a tool he could use to get her back. Jack doesn't deserve another kid. The writers had Paul kill his son. I don't want Summer to die, but Jack deserves to lose Summer. I hope the rumors are true and either the hair Nick took wasn't Summer's hair OR someone ahem Sharon did something to the test.

janetb

Postby janetb » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:36 pm

Nick might turn out to be Summer's father after all and Phyllis and Jack should have done their own paternity tests 18 years ago.That doesn't change the fact that Nick lied.Why does he get a pass because of Cassie and Jack and Phyllis take the blame.

trixie60

Postby trixie60 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 pm

No matter what Nick has said about lying for eighteen years about Summer, he is not justified in doing that. He took Summer away from Jack, if Jack is the real father, and thought there was nothing wrong in doing that. It wasn't God's fault and the fact he lost Cassie is no excuse to steal someones child. Nick should own up to what he did instead of making all kinds of excuses for it.

BlondienFL

Postby BlondienFL » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:09 pm

Dumba$$! There was no excuse for keeping the truth hidden all these years! Why on earth would Nick actually believe God wanted him to steal another man's child because Cassie died? Stupid!

jacksmyguy

Postby jacksmyguy » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:43 pm

Quote Lizzytish:
Quote hillaryclark: "I Did It For The Right Reasons"

WTF???

As Nick keeps saying, it's about Cassie. Nick felt entitled to Summer because he believed "God owed him one" for Cassie's death. That's not even close to a "right reason". It's utter crap!

Honestly, Nick sounds more delusional than Sharon these days and that's saying a lot.

Seriously! Spoken like a true Newman -- self-centered jerk. And I couldn't get over how he was still jumping down Kyle's throat the other day. What a loon.

Kyle should have decked him -- I thought Jack might for a minute there.

I will second your thoughts which are mine exactly! I wanted to reach through the T.V. screen and throttle Nick the other day, especially regarding his treatment of Kyle when he continued to jump all over him for something that Kyle knows nothing about and under normal circumstances would not matter, all because Nick can't own up to his own dishonesty.

tnettles

Postby tnettles » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:59 pm

yep you know the Newmans,they feel like whatever they want they get.I wonder how saint Nikki wii react to this news

countryMomof4

Postby countryMomof4 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:22 pm

Quote valleycliffe:
Quote Homesick Cajun:
Quote valleycliffe:
Quote vikis3: Nick went to great lengths to replace Cassie and he actually feels justified...he is such a Newman ~)

well, i guess, in nick's POV, they were the right reasons.

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

Seriously??? Seriously??? You are defending Nick? Seriously???

and if i am???

HOWEVER, that is not what i did. I was just pointing out why, IN NICK'S POV, he thought it was the right thing to do.

Just like when phyl made her grab for lucy, bring back daisy with her lies, throwing daniel under the bus and having daniel eviscerated on the witness stand etc. HER EXCUSE AND JUSTIFICATION was that she was DOING IT FOR HER FAMULEEEEEE. thus she was defended...

Characters on this show are constantly doing things which from their own POV is the right thing. They can ALL be criticized for doing what they did OR defended for what they did.

Brooksie82

Postby Brooksie82 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:46 am

Woe, easy there buddy, lets not snap off on someone who is equally as passionate as you are about this soap. I do sympathize with you because it can be irritating when people cannot follow instructions and stay on track with the topic of the thread. Not everyone is at your proficiency level though. It was funny to see you go off! Just wish you could have included a photo capturing the disgruntled look on your face at that moment so I could have fully enjoyed it!

Squish

Postby Squish » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:05 am

IMO this whole storyline is a rewrite. Nick was shown to be completely "normal" in his grief over Cassie. It had been almost a year since she died before he even found out about Phyllis being pregnant and at the same time that he learned of Phyllis' pregnancy Sharon was suggesting for them to have another baby, he even told her he wanted to make sure that them trying to have another baby was for the "right" reasons. MAB rewrote the script when she had Nick basically call Phyllis his shrink with benefits, and now these writers have gone one step further around the "stretch your belief" corner by adding this next layer of rewrite that has Nick lying for 18 years....through all the various stories and all the times he's acted so sanctimoniously towards both Phyllis and Sharon for "lying" or their "poor" choices we are supposed to what forgive this??? sympathize??? see Nick as a victim??? Well it ain't happening! Nick looks like a bigger control freak, liar, jerk than his daddy.

Squish

Postby Squish » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:14 am

Quote valleycliffe:

well, i guess, in nick's POV, they were the right reasons.

Cassie's death hit him really hard, moreso probably because if he hadn't of let her go out that night, the accident wouldn't have happened, so along with grief, we also have guilt.

phyl getting pregnant was an opportunity for him to feel better, relieve the grief with a brand new child, didn't really matter if it was his or not, just that he got a do-over with a new baby. also, he didn't have to see sharon cry or be sad anymore cause he had someone else to make him feel all better...beer, pizza, video games, kinky wild sex and a new kid...

That's a pretty picture but it's not really how things were by the time that Nick found out Phyllis was pregnant.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”