Josh Griffith, aka, "FlopGriff" = Terrible Writer!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
jacksmyguy

Re: Josh Griffith, aka,

Postby jacksmyguy » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Quote julianbarnes:
Quote maguffin:
Quote observation:
Quote roseofsharon1942: If the new writers were fired from GH why are they good enough for Y&R?

You know...I was wondering the same thing, why hire folk that's been fired from a soap? Are they trying to sabotage the show...it sure looks like it!!

I keeping asking that question too. If these lame writers got fired from other shows, why hire these losers? They got fired for a reason, right? Their sh*t stinks..

Did you guys know that "FlopGriff" has 2 Co-Head Writers? Both ladies are "FOJ" (Friends of Jill Phelps) from ABC soaps and were fired from General Hospital.

Tracey Thomson - Y&R Co-Head Writer: December 7, 2012-present
Shelly Altman - Y&R Co-Head Writer: March 18, 2013 – Present

Tracey Thomson wrote for AMC and GH. She was fired.

Shelly Altman wrote for AW, OLTL, and GH. She was fired.

JFP is still hiring her friends for writing, lighting, camera crew, music, behind the scenes it's turning into "FOJ" territory. The reason the writers don't respect Y&R history is because they're General Hospital and AMC soap writers who jumped networks with JFP and Stevie Burton.

I wasn't sure but I suspected as much about all of these ABC imports, as I have believed all along that Y&R has turned into an ABC reject warehouse with their new hires, both behind the scenes and in front of the camera. I have watched GH off and on over time and the years that JFP and company were in charge the show was much like Y&R has become now - a real snooze fest. I just watched GH recently and the pacing and overall story has gotten much better...coincidence? I think not! If changes aren't made to Y&R to get our beloved show back on track ASAP, I'm afraid the current regime will destroy what was once the best soap on the air to beyond repair.

jilltidwell

Postby jilltidwell » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:01 am

Quote Sam01234:
Quote flowergerl: What FlopGriff has shown us during his first year on the job........

FlopGriff storylines are stupid and make no sense but drag on forever.

Some stories are started and dropped with no explanation.

FlopGriff dialog is repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive repetitive.

Writing is plot point based, not character driven.

Characters are dumbed down especially the women.

No respect of YR history.

No understanding of Bill Bell's core characters.

FlopGriff even forgets his own stories or what he wrote the previous week.

FlopGriff sucks.

YES!! You nailed it!
FIRE JOSH GRIFFITH and JILL FARREN PHELPS!

I said JFP should have never been hired.

Donnamite

Postby Donnamite » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:40 am

Quote observation:
Quote roseofsharon1942: If the new writers were fired from GH why are they good enough for Y&R?

You know...I was wondering the same thing, why hire folk that's been fired from a soap? Are they trying to sabotage the show...it sure looks like it!!

My thoughts are . . . If Sony wanted to edge out all the higher paid actors, what better way than to give them horrible story lines. From what I gather is that the new writers are not letting the actors ANY say in the scripts. Might be why MS left. So if we all can stomach all the writing now JUST maybe after all our higher paid actors bail, the writing will improve. I HOPE I am wrong.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”