Phyllis chracter will NOT be killed off..

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Joy T

Phyllis chracter will NOT be killed off..

Postby Joy T » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 am

Just read an article whereas a CBS executive has told Michelle Stafford that the door will ALWAYS be open for her return. In fact, the executive told Michelle, "you will be back!"

It sounds to me like they are already planning her return and she just left. I have a feeling they will hire someone to fill in for her and just as soon as she is ready to return, her old job will be waiting for her just like before. Of course, that won't be fair to the actress who portrays the new Phyllis but we all know how it works in show business.

The GH buzz is that she is coming their way. She partied with the ABC people after the Emmy's. Maybe ABC and CBS are doing a little trading of actors for a while.

1 strawberry

Re: Phyllis chracter will NOT be killed off..

Postby 1 strawberry » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:56 am

Quote Joy T: Just read an article whereas a CBS executive has told Michelle Stafford that the door will ALWAYS be open for her return. In fact, the executive told Michelle, "you will be back!"

It sounds to me like they are already planning her return and she just left. I have a feeling they will hire someone to fill in for her and just as soon as she is ready to return, her old job will be waiting for her just like before. Of course, that won't be fair to the actress who portrays the new Phyllis but we all know how it works in show business.

The GH buzz is that she is coming their way. She partied with the ABC people after the Emmy's. Maybe ABC and CBS are doing a little trading of actors for a while.

I hope Michelle does come back to Y&R, the show will never be the same again without her.

vikis3

Postby vikis3 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:13 pm

You know, dead people come back to life in soapland all the time.

soaps.comsporty1

Postby soaps.comsporty1 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:21 pm

I don't think they will kill her off at all. I think she is going to be sick with cancer or a brain tumor and she may be in a coma or go stay with Daniel and Lucy.

janetb

Postby janetb » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Quote 1 strawberry:
Quote Joy T: Just read an article whereas a CBS executive has told Michelle Stafford that the door will ALWAYS be open for her return. In fact, the executive told Michelle, "you will be back!"

I hope Michelle does come back to Y&R, the show will never be the same again without her.

I've never been a Phyllis fan but MS has done a great job.Phyllis will probably go away for a while and then they'll recast.If MS wants to come back then she can.Steve Burton left General Hospital more than once and came back.

vikis3

Postby vikis3 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm

No difference to me, either way, I will still be watching.

typower

Postby typower » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Why not? They killed Cassie off and she came back more than once.

gjnagh

Postby gjnagh » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:30 pm

I'm not at all surprised that the Phyllis Newman character will not be killed off w/o Michelle Stafford, in the role. The Phyllis character is intertwined and involved in conflict w way too many current characters, on the show, to be "killed off." Examples: Nick, Sharon, Summer, Jack, Christine, Micheal, Avery.

The challenge will be to recast someone who can seamlessly melt into the many conflicts that the Phyllis character has, & the complicated relationships that Phyllis is involved in.

jacksmyguy

Postby jacksmyguy » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:09 pm

This is encouraging news if true. I know it is what I have been hoping for.

Blondie-n-Lex

Postby Blondie-n-Lex » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:19 pm

Recasting Phyllis would be like recasting Mrs. C. I think they will have Phyllis go away for some reason. I don't believe she will be killed off.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”