Tyler - Non Bash Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
StarW

Re: Tyler (Redaric Williams) - Non Bash Thread

Postby StarW » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm

Quote Chicken Alfredo: Ugh, I hope they don't make Tyler the blogger :0 . Makes zero sense. Make take on things was....maybe Tyler will be framed as if he did it, but he didn't. I don't know :|

I agree with all your previous posts Chicken Alfredo! These writers need to make a decision quick lol because I'm getting tired of it. And yes I think they didn't expect people to like Tyler and Lily. Well we do! lol And they DO have potential, it would be a shame not to give them a try. >(

And seriously what's the point of making Tyler the blogger? Like you just said, let's hope he gets framed as if he did it, but he didn't! Why would RW say that Tyler isn't so nice? Ugh I hate this... If he wants to be bad then fine! Just don't hurt the Winters family... ~)

fairland

Postby fairland » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Quote Tily4life:
Quote realbroads: Tyler is hooking up with Abby Newman this summer so he'll start to get more screen time for sure. Newman/Abbott central.

I hope RW gets to film scenes with EB. I'd love to see him butt heads with Victor & Adam.

Another poster in the Tily thread disputed this claim after reading the article in SID. The poster said RW made a hypothetical speculation about a Tyler/Abby pairing. Some people have perceived his words as confirmation, but it still remains to be seen. That being said, I would love for Tyler to interact with Victor, Adam and some other Newmans. He interacted briefly with Nick, which was cool. The more he gets interwoven with other characters on the canvas, the better!

I am with you I will love this pair that Tyler and Abby will become a couple will be awesome in the making of the Newman Family that Tyler will be more involved JM,EB,RA,MTS. This will be great to meet all the Newman for Tyler character that Tyler himself. I think the same thing it will be cool that Tyler character will work great with Nick. I did forgot that RW with will great with AH,BM,HK included.

LaBrae

Postby LaBrae » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:55 am

Quote Chicken Alfredo:
Quote StarW:
Quote trixie60:
Quote Chicken Alfredo:
Quote StarW: Thank you Tily4life. I guess it's another episode to skip. Since Tyler is the only reason why I'm still watching this show at this point. And since they're not developping his storyline and are not moving it along, I really think I'm going to stop watching, as much as I love Tyler! Is it THAT hard to write good storylines without making viewers tune out? ~)

Maybe it's just me, but I sometimes feel the writers are (A) Trying to satisfy both fanbases (which is unrealistic) Or (B) Simply don't know what they're doing. It's like they give Tyler/Tily shippers a ray sunshine, then put us in the dark again. I'm slowly but surely becoming irritated with the way they're dragging this story line. If you're going to put Tyler and Lily together, do it already. This s/L is past slow burner status. They're simply going through the motions now. It's getting to a point where I simply want writers to put him with someone else until they think Tily through. I don't want them slapped together, but at the same time, I don't want them to take forever doing so. Its eventually going to weigh him down...

ITA. I love Tyler but the writers need to do a better story line for him, whether he is with Lily or not. They seem to have him be just on the show but not giving him any direction in which to go is a big mistake. He needs a good story line for the viewers to watch and make him interesting. He could be very interesting if given this opportunity. Sometimes I think the viewers could write better story lines for these actors. Because these new writers need to make the story lines more exciting. So far they are not.

I just couldn't agree more with you guys! Redaric has potential and he deserves a good storyline that his fans and the viewers will enjoy! Don't get me wrong, I looooooove Tyler and Lily together but I'm tired of the way they're dragging this storyline. Looks like they're more interested in writing for weak and pointless characters like Avery and Dylan... and even THEIR storylines are taking forever! There's no point. It's going nowhere.

Like I said, this new writing team is better than the previous one but seriously... Do something already. If Kay Alden was able to write AMAZING stuff for Y&R, why couldn't they? And remember Y&R's glory days (when ratings were pure gold) were during the time Bill Bell and Kay Alden were writing.

Like Chicken Alfredo said, if they are really trying to satisfy both fanbases (in this case Lane and Tily), I think it's unrealistic and STUPID as hell ! Because it will only make the TWO fanbases tune out!!! They really think that if they have Lily telling Cane she loves him one day, spending time with their kids then the next day have her chasing after Tyler, getting jealous over him is gonna make both Tily and Lane fans watch? Nah-huh don't think so. Some Lane fans already stopped watching and I know that some Tily fans are getting tired of that storyline too, no matter how many Tily shippers we are! Of course our fanbase isn't huge yet because it's been only 6 months besides it looks like the writers don't know what they want when it comes to Tily. They had GOLD with Tily... It would be stupid to keep teasing us like that and not give them a try. ~) JMO.

I agree wholeheartedly. The writers have written material surrounding Tyler and Tily for SIX MONTHS. Not 1, 2, or 5 but 6 MONTHS! It makes no sense to throw all of that away because you aren't aware of what direction you want to go. I think what it is, is that the writers weren't expecting a great amount of people to support them. Don't get me wrong, we're small as hell compared to other fanbases but the way people refer to them, you could've sworn they were a full-fledge couple. Now they're in a rut, and as I've said before, going through the motions. Whatever the case may be, they need to make a decision and quick. Like StarW said, the worst thing they can do is drag this story on so long, and have BOTH fanbases tune out. Dialogue, wasted :|

I agree with this that TPTB probably didn't expect viewers to actually take to Lily with another guy. Although Lane has a big fanbase, so does most of the soap couples(Shadam, Shick, Navery, Phick, etc.), but they still actually wrote a storyline where we saw how the "problems" within the relationship started to surface. I believe they just attempted to bring Tyler in as eye candy angst for Lane, but didn't really expect much to happen between them. This is why the story feels like a roller coaster. One minute we see Lily all lovey dovey with Cane and happy, then all of a sudden she's acting like she can't get enough of Tyler. Well, as others have stated, its been 6mths of basically the same thing. So I feel either they're going to actually move the story along and allow Cane and Lily to have some problems that will give them a reason to split apart break, or just leave them together.

While I understand the show has a strong Lane fanbase,but on a soap no couple stays together forever. Yes, some do reunite and remarry more than once(aka Victor and Nikki Newman), but there's usually other love interests in-between. Cane and Lily are still very young, and have had a lengthy relationship in the sense of soap characters. So I really don't see anything wrong with them moving onto to someone new at this time.

StarW

Postby StarW » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:18 am

Quote LaBrae: I agree with this that TPTB probably didn't expect viewers to actually take to Lily with another guy. Although Lane has a big fanbase, so does most of the soap couples(Shadam, Shick, Navery, Phick, etc.), but they still actually wrote a storyline where we saw how the "problems" within the relationship started to surface. I believe they just attempted to bring Tyler in as eye candy angst for Lane, but didn't really expect much to happen between them. This is why the story feels like a roller coaster. One minute we see Lily all lovey dovey with Cane and happy, then all of a sudden she's acting like she can't get enough of Tyler. Well, as others have stated, its been 6mths of basically the same thing. So I feel either they're going to actually move the story along and allow Cane and Lily to have some problems that will give them a reason to split apart break, or just leave them together.

While I understand the show has a strong Lane fanbase,but on a soap no couple stays together forever. Yes, some do reunite and remarry more than once(aka Victor and Nikki Newman), but there's usually other love interests in-between. Cane and Lily are still very young, and have had a lengthy relationship in the sense of soap characters. So I really don't see anything wrong with them moving onto to someone new at this time.

Couldn't agree. Now that they realise that there ARE a lot of people who ship Tyler and Lily, I hope they write for them and make them one of the next supercouples of the show. Because like you said, nothing lasts forever on a soap. I know that Lane has a strong vocal fanbase but I believe Shick, Phick, Villy and Chadam are even stronger... Just saying. And except for Villy, the other couples all ended. So why not Lane? Especially since Lane, compared to the other couples, are seriously boring and are like watching paintdry, I'm not even kidding. Look how Lily sparkles around Tyler... And the same for Cane with Chelsea, Sharon and now Hilary. Lily and Cane NEED that break up. And if really they are meant to be, they will reunite.

Now if really they brought Tyler just to give Lane angst, I think 6 months is enough now! Free him from LAME if you don't want to give Tily a try then! Poor Hilary... She's gonna be used to make Lane interesting too, just watch... Until TPTB realises that NOTHING will ever make Lane interesting, except a friendly divorce. >)

Chicken Alfredo

Postby Chicken Alfredo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:07 pm

Hello, Mr. Michaelson. Hope you have a great weekend :)) And hugs and kisses to my fellow Tyler shippers :))

StarW

Postby StarW » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Love and support for the sexiest man ever seen on Y&R! Thanks again TPTB for at least giving us Tyler Michaelson! :D Let's hope you do something about Tily.

Chicken Alfredo

Postby Chicken Alfredo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:00 pm

Happy Sunday, divas!

And xoxo to Tyler :D

fairland

Postby fairland » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:42 pm

Quote Chicken Alfredo: My spoilers aren't on point like Tily4life, but here it goes anyway :D

Friday CAN, Monday US

*Abby joins Tyler at the bar. They converse.

*Abby begins to tell Tyler stories about her experiences in NY, as Alex looks on.

*Alex later walks up, and kisses Abby. (I think he's a little jelly, lol)

Alex does look jealous over tyler and that Alex is more like an work shoulder that alex and bios partner is Sheryl. Abby is more than hot to miss so is tyler. I mean wow I love the chemistry between abby and tyler both. I can see abby and tyler hook up for sure. Abby is so tyler type to a tee.

fairland

Postby fairland » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:45 pm

Quote Gracewashere: Maybe it is just me, but does anyone else think Cane "whispers" his words a lot...too soft...and Devon shouts his words (at least yesterday's Canadian episode), too loud, but Tyler's voice is not too soft, not too loud, but just "perfect" Baby Bear Lily, just right for Lily. Sorry off track today a bit.

Tyler voice is so very nice and sweet with a sharp attitude I do not even care that much. I lover how tyler sounds very outspoken type of man.

salsera

Postby salsera » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:27 pm

I hope he's on this weeks episodes. Wait, I'm sure he'll be with all of the Gus/Rose stuff. I really do hope that s/l becomes interesting. 3) Also, whoever said he RW said Tyler was going to become bad, I took his statement about him "changing a lot" differently. It could be that he'll become happier, more stable. I don't know, I'm just optimistic it's not for the worse.

Anyway, I hope we get good scenes this week.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”