Is there really a new Phyllis?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
laurie6

Re: Is there really a new Phyllis?

Postby laurie6 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 pm

Quote BabyVelvet:
Quote laurie6:
Quote Coastal1:
Quote Yandy: The role of Phyllis Summers is going to played by Gina Tognoni -

True or Not?

I thought Gina Tognoni did a great job on GL and I like her. But even she can't play Phyllis.

Since Michelle Stafford is choosing to leave, they should end the character's run. They should let Phyllis run off into the sunset to run some monolithic conglomerate that dwarfs Newman Enterprises. Make her a gazillionaire who learns her lessons and has the last laugh in terms of pain and heartache from that whining little sister and a family that abandoned her including the Abbots.

Some characters just shouldn't be replaced after a high-impact, long-term (16 yr) run. Michelle Stafford as Phyllis is one of those roles. DON'T RE-CAST IT.

ITA, No one else can be Phyliss but MS to me. They can recast all they want it will never be the same.IMO

That's how it is with all re-casts. I'm hopeful that the Nu-Phyllis, if there is one, will knock it outta the park!

Not for me, Some of the recasts are ok with me, But some of them I will never be ok with like Phyliss or Sharon anyone else will not do. Nothing against other actresses.

BabyVelvet

Postby BabyVelvet » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:08 pm

I like to keep an open mind. I'm a Sharon fan, but if they had to re-cast her, I'd see how it went before I'd condemn it.
But, that's just me. :)

elizadolittle

Postby elizadolittle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:34 am

I love MS but I'm open to a recast. There have been a few recasts on the show I've liked Davetta Sherwood as Lily,PB as Jack, Brenda Epperson as Ashley, Sandra Nelson as Phyllis,Billy Miller as Billy, and Amelia Heinle as Victoria.

roseofsharon1942

Postby roseofsharon1942 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:04 am

I think Michelle Stafford is a great actress and maybe she has the opportunity to spread her wings, like Meg Ryan did years ago. Gina Tognoni is a great actess as well. Phyllis's characther still has a lot of story to be told. No one acts just like the other one, so it will take a little bit to get used to. But, hey we still have our soap on the air. I am greatful for that.

habbyfan

Postby habbyfan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:14 am

First let me say Thank You MS for 16 years.

Yes we should have a new Phyllis she is a good character and there are other actors who can play the role.JMO

Yandy

Postby Yandy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:20 pm

Is this a case for Perry Mason? No one has confirmed a new Phyllis has been hired or not!

BabyVelvet

Postby BabyVelvet » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:26 pm

I'm looking forward to a kinder and gentler version of "Phyllis".... more ladylike and normal.
But, maybe we'll get an even LOUDER and CRAZIER version of her, and that would be a hoot! :)

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Quote BabyVelvet: I'm looking forward to a kinder and gentler version of "Phyllis".... more ladylike and normal.
But, maybe we'll get an even LOUDER and CRAZIER version of her, and that would be a hoot! :)

Gina T can be loud and crazy, but at the same time so appealing.

elizadolittle

Postby elizadolittle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 pm

Quote habbyfan: First let me say Thank You MS for 16 years.

Yes we should have a new Phyllis she is a good character and there are other actors who can play the role.JMO

This is how I feel, I love MS she is great and I look forward to her next project. I do feel there are others who could play her. We have seen someone else play Phyllis before. I would also like to add Robert Adamson and Michael Muhney to my list of successful recasts.

leprecaun28

Postby leprecaun28 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Is Michelle Stafford leaving?

Return to “The Young and the Restless”