Phyllis isn't needed on Y&R anymore !

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
TreeBuild

Phyllis isn't needed on Y&R anymore !

Postby TreeBuild » Sat May 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Please, before reading my message you should know that I love Michelle S. I'm very upset about her departure.
But:
The character's history and all the secrets came out. After we will know for sure who Summer's father is, there won't be any mystery surrounding Phyllis anymore.
We learned all about her family and childhood.
The truth about the hit-and-run came out.
Summer's paternity will be revealed.
I'm sad about Phyllis disappearance (if no recast), but at least there won't be any unresolved stories with her.

Palski

Re: Phyllis isn't needed on Y&R anymore !

Postby Palski » Sat May 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Quote TreeBuild: Please, before reading my message you should know that I love Michelle S. I'm very upset about her departure.
But:
The character's history and all the secrets came out. After we will know for sure who Summer's father is, there won't be any mystery surrounding Phyllis anymore.
We learned all about her family and childhood.
The truth about the hit-and-run came out.
Summer's paternity will be revealed.
I'm sad about Phyllis disappearance (if no recast), but at least there won't be any unresolved stories with her.

I will miss MS and hope they give us an edgy, complex Phyllis!

JRTA

Postby JRTA » Sat May 25, 2013 6:23 pm

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I disagree. There is still alot of story to be told with this character. What I think we need at this point is a break. When MS leaves, let Phyllis go to live with Daniel.

The paternity test can be resolved, but not the fallout. Phyllis relationships at an impasse. Everyone has become distant/detached from her... Jack, Nick, Avery, Summer. So she goes off to see Daniel and Lucy and re-evaluate her life.

In three months or so, she comes back, new actress and a new outlook. We can still have the snarky, sharp Phyllis that makes the character interesting. But the stuff that brought the character down is gone. Aka, the Phyllis pre-Nick.

Grendel

Postby Grendel » Sat May 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Quote JRTA: I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I disagree. There is still alot of story to be told with this character. What I think we need at this point is a break. When MS leaves, let Phyllis go to live with Daniel.

The paternity test can be resolved, but not the fallout. Phyllis relationships at an impasse. Everyone has become distant/detached from her... Jack, Nick, Avery, Summer. So she goes off to see Daniel and Lucy and re-evaluate her life.

In three months or so, she comes back, new actress and a new outlook. We can still have the snarky, sharp Phyllis that makes the character interesting. But the stuff that brought the character down is gone. Aka, the Phyllis pre-Nick.

I agree with MS. There is no story for her character anymore. MS and PB are very talented actors, they deserve better than the tripe that is being written for them. I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see PB leave as well.

Grendel

Postby Grendel » Sat May 25, 2013 6:41 pm

IF you think Jack has looked weak and pathetic falling in love and being rejected by Phyllis, Nikki and others, just wait until you see him fawning and crying over a teen who will reject and probably resent him.

BabyVelvet

Postby BabyVelvet » Sat May 25, 2013 7:58 pm

I'm so looking forward to NO MORE PHYLLIS, that I'm counting the days! :-)
It can't happen soon enough for me! ;)
She hasn't been "needed" for YEARS. >)
Sayonara, Phyllis, have a good life... somewhere else. :))

Qu33nTeelovesAdam

Postby Qu33nTeelovesAdam » Sat May 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Ill miss MS and I wish her well.

CuppaCoffee

Postby CuppaCoffee » Sat May 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Quote BabyVelvet: I'm so looking forward to NO MORE PHYLLIS, that I'm counting the days! :-)
It can't happen soon enough for me! ;)
She hasn't been "needed" for YEARS. >)
Sayonara, Phyllis, have a good life... somewhere else. :))
Let that loud-mouthed, arm waving grimacing hag go terrorize someone off screen. Good riddance! :)

xjustbestrong

Postby xjustbestrong » Sun May 26, 2013 2:01 am

Phyllis hasn't even exited the show as of yet.

LucyT

Postby LucyT » Sun May 26, 2013 2:12 am

I love MS as Phyllis and wonder if they are recasting.I also wonder where MS will be seen next because I will follow.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”