Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Yale Steam

Re: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--

Postby Yale Steam » Tue May 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Quote Grendel:
Quote LucySnowe:
Quote Grendel:
Quote deceived: Are we allowed to speculate why she left?
I am sure there are a million red headed villainess' salivating for this cushy role...
But at this time, MS would have been at her best time at Y&R if Summer belonged to Jack... Phack would have got their miracle baby they prayed for. And she could have fought that battle with Nick on why he lied. But whatever happens, I hope we see the outcome of this paternity mess.

So instead of hot steamy love scenes with handsome, young, sexy leading man (Nick and Ronan), she gets to play ma kettle with Jack Abbott? I am sure MS was thrilled about that. The paternity SI will interesting for maybe 2 or 3 episodes and then what? Kyle and Summer stand around with nothing to do?

The paternity storyline isn't about Kyle and Summer as a couple or even Phyllis -- they are peripheral. The meat of the story is for Nick and Jack and their relationships mostly to Summer but for Nick, to lots of people. I know many of you like to suggest the pairing with PB was MS's motivation in leaving. That's your opinion and please carry on with your unfounded speculation. I just wanted to pop in to clarify that Summer and Kyle and their non-existent love story is not the Big Story here.

Yes, I will continue to believe 100% that Phack is a big part of the reason she left. As for Summer and Kyle. Once we know they are siblings, there is pretty much no story for them for the next 6 months unless there are new people coming for them to date.

Once we know whether or not they are siblings you mean.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Tue May 21, 2013 2:34 pm

Quote LucySnowe:
Quote Grendel:
I am sure there are a million red headed villainess' salivating for this cushy role...
But at this time, MS would have been at her best time at Y&R if Summer belonged to Jack... Phack would have got their miracle baby they prayed for. And she could have fought that battle with Nick on why he lied. But whatever happens, I hope we see the outcome of this paternity mess.

So instead of hot steamy love scenes with handsome, young, sexy leading man (Nick and Ronan), she gets to play ma kettle with Jack Abbott? I am sure MS was thrilled about that. The paternity SI will interesting for maybe 2 or 3 episodes and then what? Kyle and Summer stand around with nothing to do?

The paternity storyline isn't about Kyle and Summer as a couple or even Phyllis -- they are peripheral. The meat of the story is for Nick and Jack and their relationships mostly to Summer but for Nick, to lots of people. I know many of you like to suggest the pairing with PB was MS's motivation in leaving. That's your opinion and please carry on with your unfounded speculation. I just wanted to pop in to clarify that Summer and Kyle and their non-existent love story is not the Big Story here.

double post..

Grendel

Postby Grendel » Tue May 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Quote rediculous:
Quote Qu33nTeelovesAdam: I ASSume she was leaving because it has been reported that she was leaving.

For all we know this could be a publicity stunt.... As long as Sharon Case is still on ill be here...

IF MS leaves she will be missed!

Phyllis hasn't been reported as leaving Qu33n, MS has been..I am hoping Phyllis stays..

Nelson Branco is saying it hasn't been decided whether to replace MS or not. I hope they don't.

Grendel

Postby Grendel » Tue May 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Quote Yale Steam:
Quote Grendel:
Quote LucySnowe:
Quote Grendel:

Yes, I will continue to believe 100% that Phack is a big part of the reason she left. As for Summer and Kyle. Once we know they are siblings, there is pretty much no story for them for the next 6 months unless there are new people coming for them to date.

Once we know whether or not they are siblings you mean.

Yes, that's what I meant.

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Tue May 21, 2013 3:36 pm

I understand the "fans" who have vested their lives into an Actress/Actor.

But things do "change" and although it is dificult we too much embrance the change in order to move forward. ;)

Also, I saw the recast and I hope they do go with her. What a beauty and a vet (she's be in the soap world for a while) too.

MS I wish you well in whatever your future endeavours maybe.

Peace
Love
Joy

LucySnowe

Postby LucySnowe » Tue May 21, 2013 4:21 pm

Quote JRTA:
Quote Grendel:
Quote JRTA: Hmmm.... interesting. The article here says that MS has confirmed that she is leaving and her final scenes will air mid June.

When the special tribute was announced for JC, JFP said they were scripted into July so it would be July at the earliest that before Katherine is written out.

So that begs the question, if they are scripted into July, and MS is done in mid-June, was she already written out? Will they re-write to write her out? Or is the role about to be recast?

I am thinking the third one, at least temporarily.

It's confirmed she is gone for good.

Yes, I said that in the first paragraph. The temp recast is referring to if they still have to close a storyline with Phyllis, they may recast temp, and then write the character out perminently.

I still think Phyllis will be recast, it's just a matter of how long.

I do, too. However, the original article at Soap Digest indicates she "wraps up" her stint "mid-June". It doesn't say it's her final airdate. I suspect her final airdate is late July (early August) if in fact she finishes taping mid-June. The article on this site seems to have read into "wraps up" a bit. That's my take.

vikis3

Postby vikis3 » Tue May 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Quote rediculous:
Quote Grendel:
Quote rediculous: Why does so many assume that Phyllis is leaving--just because MS is reported to be leaving, one doesn't necessarily follow the other..Poor MS she is constantly reminding people on her twitter account that she is Michelle, she is not Phyllis, they are not one and the same..there can and probable will be another actress take over this role, just because Michelle is leaving, doesn't mean Phyllis has to leave also..

Because most of us would rather see the character written off than have some second rate replacement. JFP is not interested in older characters, especially older females, so just let the character go move on.

Why assume the replacement would be second rate?? It has never been announced or hinted at anywhere that Phyllis is leaving..

Hey red, correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't the part of Phyl originally played by someone else?

deceived

Postby deceived » Tue May 21, 2013 5:34 pm

If this is about her not wanting to be with Jack, that's silly, he is age appropriate more than Nick and
Ronan. So I don't believe that is why... it could be the paternity thing ending phick... but I am just speculating... which is useless at this time. MS is a professional, maybe she just decided to go for Lifetime movies or Hallmark movies...we will miss her though...

JRTA

Postby JRTA » Tue May 21, 2013 6:34 pm

Quote LucySnowe:
Quote JRTA:
Quote Grendel:
Quote JRTA: Hmmm.... interesting. The article here says that MS has confirmed that she is leaving and her final scenes will air mid June.

When the special tribute was announced for JC, JFP said they were scripted into July so it would be July at the earliest that before Katherine is written out.

So that begs the question, if they are scripted into July, and MS is done in mid-June, was she already written out? Will they re-write to write her out? Or is the role about to be recast?

I am thinking the third one, at least temporarily.

It's confirmed she is gone for good.

Yes, I said that in the first paragraph. The temp recast is referring to if they still have to close a storyline with Phyllis, they may recast temp, and then write the character out perminently.

I still think Phyllis will be recast, it's just a matter of how long.

I do, too. However, the original article at Soap Digest indicates she "wraps up" her stint "mid-June". It doesn't say it's her final airdate. I suspect her final airdate is late July (early August) if in fact she finishes taping mid-June. The article on this site seems to have read into "wraps up" a bit. That's my take.

It's all in the wording. Everything I've read (here, SOC etc) states she will "last be seen on air mid-June" which is what I based my comment on.

Grendel

Postby Grendel » Tue May 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Quote deceived: If this is about her not wanting to be with Jack, that's silly, he is age appropriate more than Nick and
Ronan. So I don't believe that is why... it could be the paternity thing ending phick... but I am just speculating... which is useless at this time. MS is a professional, maybe she just decided to go for Lifetime movies or Hallmark movies...we will miss her though...

Age appropriate? In other words she is too old top be a leading lady, so she should be content to be a third stringer? Stafford is one of the best in the business. If the current powers that be feel she is to old to be a leading lady and she is not content to be a 3rd stringer, she should leave.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”