Why is the Board so Dead?

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
coolkraft

Re: Why is the Board so Dead?

Postby coolkraft » Mon May 20, 2013 9:41 am

Quote Blue 501: I think the board has become boring because so many of the most interesting and wittiest posters have simply disappeared. I don't know where most of them have gone, but I sure do miss them. I recognize a handful of the current posters but most of them I have never heard of until lately.

right on...loyal viewers are disappointed and not watching and these storylines leave much to be desired.

deceived

Postby deceived » Mon May 20, 2013 10:47 am

If they are aiming for younger and new viewers that is stupid... we long-time loyal faithful fans is what made this soap what it is... they need to concentrate on us... I do not care about Chelsea and her baby drama, and the fact the Sharon, a veteran, loved by many fans is reduced to being the prop for Adam and Chelsea...

Grendel

Postby Grendel » Mon May 20, 2013 11:15 am

Quote deceived: If they are aiming for younger and new viewers that is stupid... we long-time loyal faithful fans is what made this soap what it is... they need to concentrate on us... I do not care about Chelsea and her baby drama, and the fact the Sharon, a veteran, loved by many fans is reduced to being the prop for Adam and Chelsea...

This is true but CBS has no choice. The younger audience is who their sponsors want.

simscb

Postby simscb » Mon May 20, 2013 11:49 am

The Sponsors "may" want a younger audience, but it doesn't mean they will GET them.

Young people are either busy working, being on their Cell phones, I Pads, etc. What makes them think or even consider the young ones will tune in?

They will be spending their summer days in swimming pools, watching movies, etc.

CBS should be considering US, the loyal fans who have been watching Y&R since its inception. WE are the ones who have kept it going.

As much as I disliked the long drawn-out story lines with MAB, I consider the present ones to be comparable to Cow Dung which no one needs, especially me.

frootloop

Postby frootloop » Mon May 20, 2013 12:19 pm

The show is the worst it has ever been.

the girl is HOT

Postby the girl is HOT » Mon May 20, 2013 12:44 pm

because sorry to say the s/l are boring right now, this thing with summer being jacks maybe? or nicks? get on with it the fans are getting tired of the s/l. this show was so much better in the 70's and 80's its unbelievable they actually had great s/l jill and kay, the brooks family the fosters now that jennie cooper has passed away condolences to the family and her y/r family i loved that lady she was a part of my life since 1979, im sorry, they just dont make them like that anymore. She was the Best.

deceived

Postby deceived » Mon May 20, 2013 12:48 pm

Quote simscb: The Sponsors "may" want a younger audience, but it doesn't mean they will GET them.

Young people are either busy working, being on their Cell phones, I Pads, etc. What makes them think or even consider the young ones will tune in?

They will be spending their summer days in swimming pools, watching movies, etc.

should be considering US, the loyal fans who have been watching Y&R since its inception. WE are the ones who have kept it going.

As much as I disliked the long drawn-out story lines with MAB, I consider the present ones to be comparable to Cow Dung which no one needs, especially me.

So true... young viewers are fickle and busy and most are living off their parents...

TGPS

Postby TGPS » Mon May 20, 2013 1:01 pm

I definitely think that the fact that Summer's paternity isn't turning out the way some hoped has put a damper on things. Knowing that Nick chose to father Phyllis' child instead of having a baby with Sharon when she asked probably hasn't helped either... 8)

Jonathan1993

Postby Jonathan1993 » Mon May 20, 2013 1:41 pm

I know right it seems like the "new regime" for every show these days are really corny and boring. Tv s/l just doesnt have the fire power to make people tune in every episode anymore, they need to rectify this and do it fast before its to late.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”