Jill without Katherine

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
glisthe1

Jill without Katherine

Postby glisthe1 » Thu May 16, 2013 12:08 am

What a loss Katherine Chancelor is. I miss her so much already. However do not let Jill slip through the cracks. You will never have a story like Katherine/Jill....and this affair that happened in the 70's and these two crazy women never stopped bitching about. Never. It is classic. Done. Jill can have memories and the show can show flashbacks of fights forever...and they should, but....keep Jill relevant. Let her marry Brock. Give her relevance and power ...give her the praise we gave Katherine. She deserves it. They are the most loved...strongest coupling this show has or will ever have. Don't lose Jill though. Jess Walton is fabulous in this part. Don't dismiss her. Katherine and Jill often is why I want to watch...and I don't want to see Jill put to backburner and dismissed. Give her a strong love interest.....hell let Victor fall in love with her....why not

mollyandwally

Re: Jill without Katherine

Postby mollyandwally » Thu May 16, 2013 11:52 am

I want them to keep Jill too. Jill is the only one who can keep Katherine, the Chancellor Mansion set, and Chancellor Industries relevant on this show because she is the ONLY character that's been that story for the 40 years along with Kay.

Unlike the Newmans & Abbotts no younger "Chancellor" generation a has been developed long-term. Sure they have connected DNA, like Devon, Mac, and Chance but no younger character was developed beside Katherine for 10-15 years like Jack, Ashley, Tracy, or Nick, Victoria, Victor & Nikki so Jill needs to establish it.

Also Y&R is desperately lacking a mature female that's powerful in business. The women used to be involved before MAB. Even way back in the 80s the females had positions of power,with % ownership & board seats. Without Katherine ONLY the men hold the powers positions in Genoa City.

Saturn12345

Postby Saturn12345 » Thu May 16, 2013 1:38 pm

Quote mollyandwally: I want them to keep Jill too. Jill is the only one who can keep Katherine, the Chancellor Mansion set, and Chancellor Industries relevant on this show because she is the ONLY character that's been that story for the 40 years along with Kay.

Unlike the Newmans & Abbotts no younger "Chancellor" generation a has been developed long-term. Sure they have connected DNA, like Devon, Mac, and Chance but no younger character was developed beside Katherine for 10-15 years like Jack, Ashley, Tracy, or Nick, Victoria, Victor & Nikki so Jill needs to establish it.

Also Y&R is desperately lacking a mature female that's powerful in business. The women used to be involved before MAB. Even way back in the 80s the females had positions of power,with % ownership & board seats. Without Katherine ONLY the men hold the powers positions in Genoa City.

Jill has already been on recurring status for a while now, which is what she wanted to be with her grand kids. I read that she just got an apartment near the studio. I hope they have her full time now.

Krystalball

Postby Krystalball » Fri May 17, 2013 11:28 am

Since they never show her with Billy and his family, and she has not love interest, what is there for her to do?

Saturn12345

Postby Saturn12345 » Fri May 17, 2013 11:31 am

Quote Krystalball: Since they never show her with Billy and his family, and she has not love interest, what is there for her to do?

Fight to get the company, or atleast work with Cane for the company. Jill and Katherine were great together, I just loved their acting, SUPERB. Will miss their arguements. Funny Jill calling her 'you old bat'. lol

Krystalball

Postby Krystalball » Fri May 17, 2013 1:13 pm

If Katherine wanted Jill to have CI, Jill wouldn't have to fight for it.

dimples32

Postby dimples32 » Fri May 17, 2013 1:47 pm

Quote glisthe1: What a loss Katherine Chancelor is. I miss her so much already. However do not let Jill slip through the cracks. You will never have a story like Katherine/Jill....and this affair that happened in the 70's and these two crazy women never stopped bitching about. Never. It is classic. Done. Jill can have memories and the show can show flashbacks of fights forever...and they should, but....keep Jill relevant. Let her marry Brock. Give her relevance and power ...give her the praise we gave Katherine. She deserves it. They are the most loved...strongest coupling this show has or will ever have. Don't lose Jill though. Jess Walton is fabulous in this part. Don't dismiss her. Katherine and Jill often is why I want to watch...and I don't want to see Jill put to backburner and dismissed. Give her a strong love interest.....hell let Victor fall in love with her....why not

I have been watching this show since 1985, and I feel a tremendous loss of losing Jeanne Cooper a.k.a Mrs. Chancellor, Mrs. Kay, Or Katherine Chancellor... I have seen many fights between her and Jill most of them where funny watching to old ladies fighting or arguing... And Jill's favorite old bat!!! She will be missed terrible... R.I.P Jeanne Cooper 5/8/2013

Krystalball

Postby Krystalball » Fri May 17, 2013 2:23 pm

It would be nice to see Jill with her son and grandchildren.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”