no annocement at end of soap

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
pink kiity

no annocement at end of soap

Postby pink kiity » Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm

i was waiting for the end of soap for them to announced jeanne cooper death but there wasn't one i wonder if they are going to do it or not ~) ~)

CGabriel510

Re: no annocement at end of soap

Postby CGabriel510 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:02 pm

Quote pink kiity: I was waiting for the end of soap for them to announced Jeanne Cooper's death but there wasn't one I wonder if they are going to do it or not ~) ~)

Yeah,
I was waiting to see that too... I had my VCR set to turn off At 12:01 (I usually set it to 12:00) but for that reason, I set it to turn off a MINUTE later.
I'm glad someone else noticed that as well. Maybe they'll show it tomorrow OR Monday?

R I P Jeanne Cooper... you will be sorely missed
:(

Charlie h

Postby Charlie h » Thu May 09, 2013 4:03 pm

why should they. Everyone knows she passed. The family and coworkers need time to grieve and we should respect their privacy.

elizadolittle

Postby elizadolittle » Thu May 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Quote Charlie h: why should they. Everyone knows she passed. The family and coworkers need time to grieve and we should respect their privacy.

Out of respect for a cast or crew member I feel it's important their death is acknowledged. They did this for their long time camera guy Luis. I'm hoping they're planning a big tribute and that is why there was nothing on the show today.

CGabriel510

Postby CGabriel510 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:10 pm

Quote Charlie h: why should they. Everyone knows she passed. The family and coworkers need time to grieve and we should respect their privacy.

WHY should they? NOT everybody knows that she died. My mom told me this morning, I was saddened for a while, but I realize that's a part of life.

Benay

Postby Benay » Thu May 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Out of respect to the actress who was on the show for almost 40 years - that's why!

smwy

Postby smwy » Thu May 09, 2013 4:32 pm

I would like to mention that the Y&R broadcaster CBS did make an announcement at the end of the show 'The Talk', Julie Chen read it out. The others had a very difficult time holding it together emotionally and there were audible gasps around the set. Clearly Jeanne Cooper was a very widely known figure. I'm hoping they'll feature a longer length tribute next week.

richalan

Postby richalan » Thu May 09, 2013 4:37 pm

They will dedicate an episode to her shortly I am sure. The episode for today was already "in the can". I feel they that they are absolutely grief stricken, even though they knew it was coming. She will be sent out in a very class way. I am wondering if they will do it in September around the time of what would have been her 40th anniversary with the show. They need time to grieve and bring back all of the characters for her memorial. Remember, they are already now filming episodes which will air in 6 weeks (late June).

CGabriel510

Postby CGabriel510 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:46 pm

WHY SHOULD THEY??? Uhhh NOT everyone knew that she died,
My mom told me THIS MORNING (hello) She passed 5/8/13 OK??
I think they should announce EVEYRONE who is a "Superstar"
like Jeanne Cooper was
R I P Jeanne Cooper
:(

CGabriel510

Postby CGabriel510 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Quote elizadolittle:

Out of respect for a cast or crew member I feel it's important their death is acknowledged. They did this for their long time camera guy Luis. I'm hoping they're planning a big tribute and that is why there was nothing on the show today.

THANK YOU, ELIZADOLITTLE!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”