Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
HOT PINK

Re: Remembering Y&R's Jeanne Cooper

Postby HOT PINK » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:13 pm

Quote countryMomof4: Thank you for posting this HP!

Corbin has such a wonderful way with words.

Hats off to JC and all she brought to our lives!

You're welcome, countryMomof4. Corbin does write beautifully and from the heart.

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:17 pm

Hi, Everyone. Hope you are all having a good New Year so far! Corbin posted this on January 04. Looks like he is going to have a busy (and fulfilling) 2014...

"Back home and ready for the new year!

I had a magnificent time with the family in England and France seeing friends and family there. I'm quite certain now that nothing makes me feel more complete, happier, content, than family. Sometimes the overwhelming affects of the love actually hurts because it's so powerful and potent.

I've made a dedication to this year. It hit me in an instant the other day while in France. I want to help those around me who intersect with my daily life; business partners, family and friends, achieve their goals, their ambitions, their dreams. I've been incredibly fortunate and blessed personally and while I don't have all the things "I want" and I'm not as wealthy as one might think given my years of work (try raising four boys in Los Angeles!) I do have enough and now my internal human being says to "help others."

I want to help my sons really get a foothold in the world. I want my son Oliver - an INCREDIBLE artist - to be in a place where he can share his exquisite talents. I want to help my son Henry step into the business world to share his fantastic ideas and solutions. I want to help my son Angus determine and refine his interests whether it be film editing or cooking, both of which he has incredible patience and focus for. And Finley, my youngest, I want to help him become all he can be in school. He's brighter than he knows and I often find that kids today fight their natural abilities in school, perhaps sometimes drowned by the very system that is meant to educate them.

And my wife, Amanda. This is her year. She has incredible taste and style. She's always been ahead of the game. I want to see her prosper now after years of hard work cementing the foundations of her talent.

I also want to help her sister Deborah in France who has been taking exquisite old french linens and turning them into duvet covers and other bedding items. I want to bring them here to the states and share her incredible talents. I also have a great many friends who have struggled as actors and film technicians carving out a living. I want to make films that include them. I want to create a "film family."

And the list goes on. But at the center of it is this burning desire to help others. Of course all of this goes hand in hand with greater charitable work across many platforms not the least of which is SAVN.TV and the Red Cross, The Rape Treatment Center in Los Angeles, and the Valley Community Clinic near where I live. It's not so much I want to "give back," but instead "pay it forward." I have been given so much and sometimes I wonder the greater purpose. "Why me?" To steal a line from one of my favorite movies, "Network," It's because I'm on TV!

Either way, that is what God is telling me to do and I've dedicated to the last five or so years to simply unfurling my sails and letting Him provide the wind and direction. Or for those who can't wrap their head around that heady notion, it's simply what my "basic human nature and instinct" is telling me I must do.

Maybe all due to the fact that I'm turning 60 this year - WOW! - or maybe it's my mother's passing and I now carry the torch... In the end it doesn't matter - it's simply what I know I must do, and I'm genuinely excited to get on with it and do it. Nothing like having a course and direction set. Then it's up to the wind to take you on what will be the true journey.

I want to share a picture with you from our trip. Henry and Angus are huge soccer fans - especially the Premier League in England. We had the great fortune through our good friend Ian to take in a Chelsea match. Henry is a huge Chelsea supporter and they won so it was a great afternoon all around.

Me and the boys..."

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Quote HOT PINK:
Quote Layngel: Happy New Year HotPink and all other posters! Miss you Mrs. C!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A belated HAPPY NEW YEAR to you as well, Layngel! I'm glad you're enjoying Corbin's posts. So am I! I miss our beloved Jeanne as well!

I loved seeing her on the New Years show!

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello, Everyone! Hope you are all doing well. Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. Here's what has been happening with Corbin of late. He posted this yesterday:

"Truth? I've been in a cave for the last week...

Editing my movie. That's where it's made, a movie. In a dark room, locked away... frame by frame finding the truth in your story. It's especially difficult and at the same time satisfying when it's a story of your own invention.

A year ago I wrote Christian Mingle, honed it, fine tuned it until it was ready to shoot. My mother was alive then. Influences on the script and story were the reality of those days. That was the reality and truth.... then. Now as I edit, so much has changed in my life, certain aspects have "shifted." Truth will always be truth but perspective changes. And so it is as I sit in the cave with a story that was created back then. Now as I cut through the yards of film, a new story emerges and at the same time, the truth of the story that began back then becomes even more focused - clearer. That's the fun I'm having.

And what have I discovered... The film itself is about Truth... discovering one's personal truth. Living a life that is true. Becoming human. That is now at the core of Christian Mingle.

As I've been editing so much is going on around me, the reality of today's world - a world now without my mother in it. My new reality:

The Olympics have, as always, dazzled... watching the pursuit of excellence. The focus, the determination, the dedication of years in training that result in a single race, a single skate, a single run down the slopes. Years... for five minutes or less of performance. Astounding. Elsewhere wars rage on. Children kill and are killed. A one time rock star calls our president a Mongrel. Like him or not, our president, the OFFICE of the presidency deserves respect. Always. Presidents come and go, some are better and some are worse, even terrible, but the office remains. The American flag that belongs to us all stands behind the desk in that office. Your vote means everything, words of contempt and hatred are hollow. They achieve little. God is love. That's the truth.

As you can see I'm a bag of mixed emotions. That's what a dark cave will do to you. You pop your head into the light for a few hours a day, consume all the passion, love and hate in a single sitting, and then disappear again, bringing that reality, that truth, to the simple story you are trying to tell.

The movie is coming along wonderfully, and I believe, true to the landscape of our time. The older I get the more I feel the freedom to explore what is true to me. I suppose, in my journey, as it is with most of my films, that's what it's all about... learning my truths, relaying them, not to be right, but simply share what I know... to be true.

That's where I've been... if anyone is interested."

countryMomof4

Postby countryMomof4 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:17 pm

Thanks HP! His messages are always a great read. :D

Layngel

Postby Layngel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:20 pm

Seeing her on that funny youtube video that someone posted the other day was awesome!

Skyemichelle

Postby Skyemichelle » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:27 pm

Enjoyed this. Thank you! Miss her.

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:31 pm

Quote countryMomof4: Thanks HP! His messages are always a great read. :D

You're welcome, countryMomof4! I'll be more diligent about posting Corbin's messages from now on. I also enjoy reading them. Take care!

countryMomof4

Postby countryMomof4 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:55 pm

You too HP! Just do these updates if you have time.

Corbin has a wonderful way with words and an interesting way of looking at life. It seems both were gifts from his beloved mother.

HOT PINK

Postby HOT PINK » Mon May 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi, Everyone. Sorry it has been so long. Corbin posted this a few hours ago:

"It's been a very 2 strange weeks since last we connected. Mind and body warfare as I approach the year anniversary of my mom's passing. Like a volcano, my entire history, the good, the bad and the ugly are spewing upward, outward, clearing and cleansing the depths of body and soul. A final gift of mom; setting a date, creating a reason to purge the past and make way for the future. Painful and cleansing. Needless to say, as much a I like to share, it is a singular journey that I must do and have been doing alone with support of friends and family.

Gather your thoughts about my mom as I'm doing and we'll all share this coming Thursday. Then we'll send her off on her continuing journey as we embark on our here on earth. Please know that I'm being indulgent here about my life, my journey, my mother, but at the same time I know and fully recognize that many of you have had the same, or are going through the same as we speak. With that in mind, consider this all this from me a poem or a song that simply reflects what you are enduring. In the end, we are one, with the same loves, fears and hope. The sooner we understand on this planet that we are one, the better we'll be. Tough week ahead, but an opportunity; a of gift of God and mom to come yet closer to truth and prosperity."

Can't believe it will be a year on Thursday that we lost our beloved Jeanne. I'm sure Corbin will be posting more about his mother in the days to come, and I'll be sure to share his thoughts with you.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”