Ratings Report for the Week of March 11-15, 2013

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
pgl35

Re: Ratings Report for the Week of March 11-15, 2013

Postby pgl35 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Quote spooter:
Quote lynnw:
Quote MsSuperSuds:
Quote chrisamelia:
Quote deceived: It's all the newbies they are shoving down our throat... I do not care about Chelsea and her baby drama... or Avery's fake tears over Dylan... or Tyler chasing skirts...
I do like the new Kyle and Gus...

EXACTLY ! I agree with every word of your post. I will add that IMO there are a couple more factors coming into play . The show is extremely boring and has been since the new regime has taken over,say what you will about MAB under her it was not this boring.Characters are not being written true to who they are.Sharon is the love of Adam's life are we now to believe Chelsea is and are we to believe Adam has turned into someone like Nick who waffles? I do not like Lane but I do not buy that Lily has turned into someone who would cheat on Cane. I personally am not happy that my favorite who is Phyllis is barely on screen but that goes with all the newbies being shoved down our throats.

Great Post! JFP has already insulted many Y&R viewers by telling us that we do not know what or who we like until she gives it to you. What a superior attitude for a showrunner who is supposed to be entertaining the masses! We have been overrun by the FOJ's to the point that nobody recognizes the show or enjoys it anymore. Y&R still has another year to turn it around. The current license w/ cbs does not end until 2014. I also hope there is another EP on the horizon within that time.

ITA with all of the above posts. I can't remember a time when so many newbies have been bought on in such a short period of time.
On Friday's show, I watched the first 2 pictures, then just deleted the rest. It just doesn't hold my interest any more and has been that way for several weeks.
I know lots were glad to see MAB leave but I can't see that what we have now is any better; maybe worse.
I guess for the present I'll just continue reading updates and maybe trying to watch, when I can. If not, so be it.
I am with you lynn. There are very few stories I actually want to see.. I ff more than half the show right now.. I understand they needed a few more new cast members but now it is bloated and with all brand new characters with no ties to the folks in GC.. I am not interested in the newbies stories.. I could care less Gus had a heartattack.. who the hell is gus and who cares.. these writers make MAB look good and that is bad.. very very bad. At least MAB wrote about the characters we love and love to hate.. the indifference is going to kill this show.

Yes , a few newbies here and there we need , but they have completely taken over the show. I don't know them and I don't care about them. I have invested my time in the vets and that's who I care about. And replacing actors when the old ones are good is another thing that is tanking this show.

pgl35

Postby pgl35 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Quote Laloni: Well this is it. I don't think CBS/Sony will bother with Y&R anymore. When the contract is up for renewal, they can cancel it.

I agree.

dogg68

Postby dogg68 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:31 pm

they need balance in chartaers and no more newbies and vets front and centre

Return to “The Young and the Restless”