Chrissi, please shed some light...may contain spoilers!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cdbb

Re: Chrissi, please shed some light...may contain spoilers!

Postby cdbb » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:47 pm

Quote Chrissi:
Quote Soapluva07

The paternity storyline is so huge that if Soaps.com is wrong about it, I worry that it would cause you to lose your crediblity as a spoiler site. I don't think people are paying attention to the others that have not happened as much. I also think the reason there is so much focus is because Y&R is the number one show on the air and this is the number one question for a lot of fans. I am thankful for your inside sources. It's so fun to come here to see what they've spilled to your editors!!!!!

Amy mentioned in another thread that the show might get mad about Soaps.com spilling the paternity secret and pull the whole storyline because it got out. Is that true? Do show really do that????? I thought they only pulled storylines if they had to do with a national tragedy like Virgina Tech or 9/11. Wouldn't it cost the show thousands of dollars to scrap s storyline just because the secret got out? I ask because Amy spoiled that they have already filmed the scenes and we should see them anytime now!! :D

I think I am thinking too hard about this. Lol!!!! I'm such a geek. ~)

Oh I should address this. Yes, the shows do not like sites posting before the spoilers are due. This instance was not one of them. We're notorious for posting spoilers only when we're supposed to. Our contacts are very proud of this fact and tell us that we're one of a few who pay attention to the dates for posting. Just today I blew the lid off of a spoiler site for posting before they were due. We work with the shows, not against them, so if we are missing spoilers, I'd rather be missing them than using ones we're not supposed to use, before they're 'ready to be shown'!

And it's a big part of why I came here at the beggining.... Because you are very respectful and professionel with your contact :)

Soapluva07

Postby Soapluva07 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Quote Chrissi:
Quote Soapluva07

The paternity storyline is so huge that if Soaps.com is wrong about it, I worry that it would cause you to lose your crediblity as a spoiler site. I don't think people are paying attention to the others that have not happened as much. I also think the reason there is so much focus is because Y&R is the number one show on the air and this is the number one question for a lot of fans. I am thankful for your inside sources. It's so fun to come here to see what they've spilled to your editors!!!!!

Amy mentioned in another thread that the show might get mad about Soaps.com spilling the paternity secret and pull the whole storyline because it got out. Is that true? Do show really do that????? I thought they only pulled storylines if they had to do with a national tragedy like Virgina Tech or 9/11. Wouldn't it cost the show thousands of dollars to scrap s storyline just because the secret got out? I ask because Amy spoiled that they have already filmed the scenes and we should see them anytime now!! :D

I think I am thinking too hard about this. Lol!!!! I'm such a geek. ~)

Oh I should address this. Yes, the shows do not like sites posting before the spoilers are due. This instance was not one of them. We're notorious for posting spoilers only when we're supposed to. Our contacts are very proud of this fact and tell us that we're one of a few who pay attention to the dates for posting. Just today I blew the lid off of a spoiler site for posting before they were due. We work with the shows, not against them, so if we are missing spoilers, I'd rather be missing them than using ones we're not supposed to use, before they're 'ready to be shown'!

Thank you, Chrissi!!! I think you just made me happy.

OK. So, since this is not one of the instances when the show would get mad for you spilling upcoming spoilers, does that mean that we can still expect to see the scenes that Amy spoiled had been filmed? :)

I would ask Amy but she is not on this site anymore.

Chrissi

Postby Chrissi » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:25 pm

cdbb- Thanks. I try. I admit it's hard and sometimes I just want to tell everyone off, but I'm a fan too and I know what it's like to have questions go unanswered. We do what we can.

Quote Soapluva07:

OK. So, since this is not one of the instances when the show would get mad for you spilling upcoming spoilers, does that mean that we can still expect to see the scenes that Amy spoiled had been filmed? :)

No this wasn't it at all. The show has never been upset with us. Quite the contrary. We've worked together several times in the past in order to stop sites from posting spoilers too early and to get confirmation on our rumors. That's why we don't post them. They don't like rumors - we don't! They just wreak havoc on fans. As far as we know they're being filmed but that's all we know. :)

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:52 pm

Quote Chrissi: cdbb- Thanks. I try. I admit it's hard and sometimes I just want to tell everyone off, but I'm a fan too and I know what it's like to have questions go unanswered. We do what we can.

Quote Soapluva07:

No this wasn't it at all. The show has never been upset with us. Quite the contrary. We've worked together several times in the past in order to stop sites from posting spoilers too early and to get confirmation on our rumors. That's why we don't post them. They don't like rumors - we don't! They just wreak havoc on fans. As far as we know they're being filmed but that's all we know. :)

Ultimately, Chrissi, we know it has nothing to do with you or the board. Some don't want the show to go in a certain direction, so they use this board to spew all kinds of rumors and to try to denegrate your posts and other posters.
I find it really sad that some go to that length! It's only a show, for heaven's sake. If I had that much negative energy, I'd go work it out on a punching bag or in a boxing ring!

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:19 pm

I personally have no negative energy, I am positive about my favotites and where I want the show to go!!!

Just because some don't put stock in nearly year old spoilers, it is not dissing the site, the mods or the editor. As for comments that we are being disrespectfull, I do not agree, we are not calling other posters names, we are not calling other posters out, we are not calling the editor or the mods names. What I find disrespectful is certain posters believing they are favored or favorties of the mods and editors, it seems only those who are PHICK fans are given the "disrespectful" titles, which to me is biased.

IF the spoiler comes true, fine! It does not mean the end of PHICK, IF Nick lied and said he was the father when Jack was, what does that say about Nick's love for Phyllis? Remember, Nick had every intention of "sticking it out" with Sharon and told Phyllis that, why take responsiblity for a child that was not his?! Nick told Phyllis that he "loved" her and he already "loved" their baby but he was staying with Sharon, what does that say about his "love" for Sharon?? also rememeber, Nick and Phyllis had not been together sexually in almost 4 months, they were barely even talking when Phyllis told him she was pregnant.

If the spoiler does not come true, I doubt we will hear anyone saying oh well lets move on!!

cdbb

Postby cdbb » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:25 pm

please, just read all the post Chrissi made a few hours ago... and then.... try to understand her point ;)

ILuvNY

Postby ILuvNY » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:28 pm

I don't see "favored" posters nor do I see that Phick fans are disrespected or disrespectful. No matter who one favors some posters are respectful and some aren't! Some like to have a discussion, while some posts are nothing but antagonistic and there's a sense of "one upsmanship" about them!
If you read my original post, I was referring to a few posters who feel it their responsibility to come to this board and bash the spoilers,to the point where a they said that the editors "made them up" and they were "lies".
Please don't make my inquiry any more than it was intended to be, a simple question to Chrissi!

suegerry

Postby suegerry » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:36 pm

Oh my gosh....classic.....Nick and Phyllis hadn't had sex and were barely talking to each other for about 4 months when she told him she was pregnant.....now we know Jack's the daddy......lol

aden85

Postby aden85 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:38 pm

oh good gosh, sorry I even brought up favored posters, maybe I should have said veteran posters?? I just saw some 'veteran' posters get attacked that I enjoy very much posting with, thats all I meant. No one needs to get touchy on who we, personally enjoying posting with. That's all I meant...I take back the 'favored' posters comment, if I knew it would have made that big of a deal I wouldnt have said it.

Touched

Postby Touched » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Chrissi--I apologize. I'll do whatever you say. Penitence, you name it, just don't take my spoilers away. I'd die! I love spoilers, better than Christmas. It's sad! I know. *)

Return to “The Young and the Restless”