Chloe steals from an old lady with Alzheimer's

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Lanie1959

Re: Chloe steals from an old lady with Alzheimer's

Postby Lanie1959 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:19 am

The really sad thing is that Mrs C would be more than happy to help them out financially ...Chloe needs a good kick in the rear end

kenerly1

Postby kenerly1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 am

Quote Lanie1959: The really sad thing is that Mrs C would be more than happy to help them out financially ...Chloe needs a good kick in the rear end

You are so right and even Easter would have helped them..dumb move.

roseofsharon1942

Postby roseofsharon1942 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:46 am

Quote kenerly1:
Quote Lanie1959: The really sad thing is that Mrs C would be more than happy to help them out financially ...Chloe needs a good kick in the rear end

You are so right and even Easter would have helped them..dumb move.

Dumb writing..come on writers, you surely are more gifted than that.

Blue 501

Postby Blue 501 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

Quote Ebybrowempoly:
Quote Kerfuffles: Oh, c'mon and be real.

First of all, Chloe has no clue that Kay has Alzheimer's. In fact, Kay hasn't even been diagnosed with Alzheimer's.

Second, she's not "stealing" from Kay in that Chloe is taking what Kay is already giving away to charity. Chloe isn't stealing anything Kay needs. Chloe isn't stealing grandma's canned corn & bus fare in the middle of the night.

Finally, the stealing from Kay thing isn't unprecedented. Billy did it back when he was gambling (and Billy did't just steal from Kay'a garage sale; he stole from her house). Then he bought a baby. Yet he's almost a GC Saint. This is hardly an irredeemable act on Chloe's part.

That said...even though Chloe isn't depriving Kay of anything Kay wants or needs for herself, it's still a bad thing for Chloe to do and I think it's out of character for Chloe to do. Not that Chloe isn't capable of doing bad things to people--she totally is--but she really loves & respects Katherine. They've had a close bond.

So it's ridiculous to characterize Chloe's behavior as stealing needful possesions from senile people at the old folk's home, I still think it's OOC writing for Chloe to steal from Katherine.

As for Cane taking some moral highground here...um, he lied about being a Chancellor for a couple of years & fooled Kay into believing he was her grandson. That's by far worse than Chloe stealing from Kay's garage sale.

But hell, Billy & Adam bought/stole babies, Sharon stole everywhere and burnt down a house and married her father-in-law, etc...
Chloe's actions are crappy but aren't the worst relative to her contemporaries.

was it given to chole . did mrs c say here chole thsi is yours . did her mother give it to her no . they were to be gievn to charity and not choles and kevin charity. no way you can turn this into something other than she stole . she had no issue breaking into nicks home and taking tha money that didn't belong to her . yes her actions are crappy and yes other had done bad things but what really makes me mad is she isn't thinking about her child if she gets caught. she is thinking of only of her and kevin. i hope she gets caught . i hope thta egg wasn't to gievn away and where she pawns it they call the cops on her and she goes to jail

I have a feeling that the jeweled egg was not supposed to be part of the donation. Maybe it is extremely valuable & Esther did not realize it. Mrs C is going to look for it & first they will think she forgot where she put it. Then they will think Adriana stole it. Finally it will show up in a pawn shop & Kevin or Chloe will be id'ed as the person who pawned it. They can stretch this out til August if they try. Adriana does know tht Chloe is just as larcenous or more so than she is but she is the newbie in town.

cards1

Postby cards1 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 am

This makes NO sense to this viewer from the go....
First Kevin/Chloe were all up in arms about the "untrustworthy Adrianna" (who I can't stand) but now Chloe is taking from Kay, donated or not, it's not right.

Second, WTH don't Chloe just ask Ester her mother for a loan to turn her power on? Ester has worked for Kay for decades, surely Kay pays her well and Ester lives in the mansion rent free I imagine and you know she's not spending her salary on clothes because all she ever wears is that maids uniform, and Kay probably pays for that. Ester should have a bundle saved up by now, she should have no living, food, gas to work, clothing expenses.

Surely she could have her daughters power turned back on.

Makes no sense IMO.

vikis3

Postby vikis3 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:03 pm

Why doesn't Chloe get one of those things called a job, she has time to plot get rich quick schemes, she also has time to play designer with Chelsea, now she has time to play Robin Hood...pathetic piece of work!

deceived

Postby deceived » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Quote vikis3: Why doesn't Chloe get one of those things called a job, she has time to plot get rich quick schemes, she also has time to play designer with Chelsea, now she has time to play Robin Hood...pathetic piece of work!

Why don't Chloe get an advance from Chelsea, her boss, or partner? Chelsea surely didn't spend the whole $500 thousand/million? on that freaky warehouse!
Could a medication that Katharine is taking be causing her memory loss???

Trish12

Postby Trish12 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 pm

Quote Sylark: What a lowlife dirt bag!

My granny had Alzheimer's. I hate to think of people taking advantage of her. :(

Chloe is a greedy little vulture. YUCK!!

I hope Cane catches this thief & pimp-slaps her.

Sharon is a Klepto, what is Cloe? She steals from a woman who took her in, when no one wanted her. I never why I never liked the charcter, is's more stupid and pittyful than ever. She doesn't want to work for anything, she wants waht others have. Shame on the little uneducated, gutter snipe, trash bag!!!!

Lizzytish

Postby Lizzytish » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:16 pm

II am sooooooo bored to death with the stupid antics of Chloe and Kevin.

Kevin has a place as Michael's brother and I have enjoyed their conversations and that of Kevin and Fen --- but Chloe is pathetic.

Why do soaps think everyone has to be part of a couple. Kevin doesn't need her -- and I can't stand her and Chelsea. They could both leave as far as I'm concerned.

PurrrrrrrKitty

Postby PurrrrrrrKitty » Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:17 pm

Just a thought.. why doesn't Chloe get a job??? now that would be novel.. lol..

Return to “The Young and the Restless”