Anti- Adam/Shadam Thread. (No fans)

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Teddy-Lou

Re: Anti- Adam/Shadam Thread. (No fans)

Postby Teddy-Lou » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:26 am

I sure hope the writers never put this pair together again. They are sickening.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:42 pm

*Speculation*
Well well well...whadaya know? Shadam may have a (kidnapped...why am I not surprised? After all, it is Shadam!) baby! Adam is the father of Christian and is's speculated that his former stepmommy will have him due to a babynapping. So I guess they secretly (and falsely at the same time) are predicted to be sharing a kid. I guess babynapping just follows them whever they go...

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:56 pm

There has been a discussion about Billy not taking responsibility for his actions because he wants Adam to serve his sentance.
Imo Billy is taking responsibility for Delia's death; imo he takes it everyday. He has to live with the fact that his idiotic immature behind left a child
in a car alone and because of this she is no longer with him. Meanwhile, the one who (accidentally) hit her has his son, his wife, his victim's corneas
were given to Adam's son, and Adam will now walk all because Victor screwed a judge (thank God there wasn't all this heroic crap to be force-fed re Adam
going into the burning building). I realize that Billy doesn't yet know that last part. But imo taking responsibility doesn't mean the man who (accidentally)
killed his little girl and (deliberately) hid behind his son and cowered in the corner shouldn't serve his sentence imo. Billy is serving his everyday.
And I think that the whole thing about serving his sentence will not bring Delia back statements from Adam just shows what a monster he really is. Sorry,
I know I am in the minority and there is a lot of Adam worship on here, but that's the way I feel.

janetb

Postby janetb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:33 pm

There aren't many of us but I agree with all of your points. Billy took responsibility for leaving Delia in the car, while Adam hid evidence to protect himself and was set to flee to Paris until Victor blackmailed him. Billy forgave Adam in court but is bashed for still wanting him in prison. Forgiving someone doesn't mean they shouldn't pay for their crimes and it wasn't Billy who found Adam guilty and sentenced him. I don't think anyone needs to worry about Adam going to prison. If Victor's blackmail doesn't work out they'll find another way.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:05 pm

[quote="janetb"]There aren't many of us but I agree with all of your points. Billy took responsibility for leaving Delia in the car, while Adam hid evidence to protect himself and was set to flee to Paris until Victor blackmailed him. Billy forgave Adam in court but is bashed for still wanting him in prison. Forgiving someone doesn't mean they shouldn't pay for their crimes and it wasn't Billy who found Adam guilty and sentenced him. I don't think anyone needs to worry about Adam going to prison. If Victor's blackmail doesn't work out they'll find another way.[/quote]
Exactly. And like I said, I am glad taht his getting away with prison time will be because Victor slept with the judge and not because Adam will be celebrated as some hero...

janetb

Postby janetb » Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:22 pm

Tuesday Canadian/Wednesday U.S.

Paul gets a call that no bodies were found in the rubble of Newman Towers, so Patty and Ian are now presumed alive. Of course that brings into question Adam's story that Ian was ever there , never mind thinking he was dead. Given Adam's history of lies, deceit and protecting himself he deserves to be doubted though this time he is telling the truth. To make it worse Paragon is back infecting both Newman and Jabot. Victor shows up and believes Adam lied about Ian and is still trying to destroy him and NE. He stands by and does nothing as Christine has Adam carted off to jail. He will find Ian and tells Chelsea that Adam can't be trusted. Billy and Phyllis are up to something and Ashley, Jack and Victoria are suspicious.

janetb

Postby janetb » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:17 am

I watched a TV movie on the weekend and MM happened to be in it. His character was arrogant, self centered and blamed his girlfriend for all the problems in the relationship. Sound familiar? it was just like watching Adam Newman, only this time the girlfriend was smart and dumped him. Chelsea has been turned into another Nikki, always forgiving and defending her man and expecting that some day he'll change because he loves her. Victor will get Adam out of prison by blackmailing the judge not because he cares but because Adam is useful. He knows how desperate Adam is for a father/son relationship. Nikki told him he'd sell his soul to the devil by going along with Victor and she's right, he deserves whatever he gets.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 am

[quote="janetb"]I watched a TV movie on the weekend and MM happened to be in it. His character was arrogant, self centered and blamed his girlfriend for all the problems in the relationship. Sound familiar? it was just like watching Adam Newman, only this time the girlfriend was smart and dumped him. Chelsea has been turned into another Nikki, always forgiving and defending her man and expecting that some day he'll change because he loves her. Victor will get Adam out of prison by blackmailing the judge not because he cares but because Adam is useful. He knows how desperate Adam is for a father/son relationship. Nikki told him he'd sell his soul to the devil by going along with Victor and she's right, he deserves whatever he gets.[/quote]
*Yesterday's Canadian; Today US*
Well, you were right; Adam sold his soul to the victator to get out of prison. The only thing that gives me a little joy is that imo Victor doesn't give a crap about Adam whereas Adam seems to want this father-son relationship that he screwed up the minute he worked with Jack to frame Victor when he first polluted us with his presence.
As for the movie, yes it sounds familiar. And Ita about Chelsea; I remember when the truth about Connor came out, Chelsea didn't want to get back together because she didn't want to become Nictor 2.0. Well, she's Nikki 2.0 now. Hopefully the writers will give her some guts...hopefully, but I'm not holding out any hope.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:27 pm

There has been a discussion on the board about the way Adam has been disrespecting Chelsea with decisions he's making regarding Sage. I mean, he basically had her sleep in the guest room without even consulting Chelsea. And Chelsea, like the prissy little wife, made up the room for her! Now he's encouraging Sage to move across the hall, drinking brandy with her, and is basically telling her that the way she's treating Nick is okay. I guess he didn't give a crap about Chelsea after all; he knows Sage fell in love with him (I think he knows it wasn't "gabe" she fell in love with), but she's encouraging this behaviour of his brother's wife...and disrespecting his own...
I think Chadam is Nictor 2.0.

janetb

Postby janetb » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:52 pm

[quote="trinilisa"]There has been a discussion on the board about the way Adam has been disrespecting Chelsea with decisions he's making regarding Sage. I mean, he basically had her sleep in the guest room without even consulting Chelsea. And Chelsea, like the prissy little wife, made up the room for her! Now he's encouraging Sage to move across the hall, drinking brandy with her, and is basically telling her that the way she's treating Nick is okay. I guess he didn't give a crap about Chelsea after all; he knows Sage fell in love with him (I think he knows it wasn't "gabe" she fell in love with), but she's encouraging this behaviour of his brother's wife...and disrespecting his own...
I think Chadam is Nictor 2.0.[/quote]

Adam is playing the grieving father but won't admit to Sage and Chelsea if he really is. He was a possible father and Chelsea knew that so how this became blackmail material for Victor doesn't make sense. This is Sharon all over again, letting Sage stay and suggesting she move in across the hall without giving a damn what Chelsea thought. Adam made a big speech about being sorry about Delia and taking his punishment, which meant nothing when he actually might have to do it. I'm sick of reading that this is all Billy's fault and poor Adam was unjustly blamed.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”