Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
writer2

Re: Y&R Viewership & Ratings Flat

Postby writer2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:22 am

Originally this show strongly featured business, Newman, Jabot and Chancellor. I'd like to see Catherine and Devon and Jill bring Chancellor back in play.Now the "business" end of things is stupid and unrealistic, the quick changes in executives without board intervention, no business can survive with instability and constantly changing vision. Yes, I agree let's bring in a corporate consultant!! In the original Dallas show the machinations in business were intertwined with the personal lives of the characters. On Y& R, the show has degenerated to an incestuous , often silly situation. I want to see Adam and Victor square off in a battle for Newman,Neil needs his own company and he can take his nepotistic "instant executives" with him, his storyline needs to deepen, and please get rid of Leslie, a wooden actress and ugly too.There is no chemistry. I like to watch attractive people on what was once a rivetting drama.I would like to get rid of Chloe/Kevin,deepen Chelsea's role,make her a successful businesswoman also.And let's keep Tyler, such a hunk ! Thanks for reading this.

canada gal

Postby canada gal » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 am

[quote]Quote writer2: Originally this show strongly featured business, Newman, Jabot and Chancellor. I'd like to see Catherine and Devon and Jill bring Chancellor back in play.Now the "business" end of things is stupid and unrealistic, the quick changes in executives without board intervention, no business can survive with instability and constantly changing vision. Yes, I agree let's bring in a corporate consultant!! In the original Dallas show the machinations in business were intertwined with the personal lives of the characters. On Y& R, the show has degenerated to an incestuous , often silly situation. I want to see Adam and Victor square off in a battle for Newman,Neil needs his own company and he can take his nepotistic "instant executives" with him, his storyline needs to deepen, and please get rid of Leslie, a wooden actress and ugly too.There is no chemistry. I like to watch attractive people on what was once a rivetting drama.I would like to get rid of Chloe/Kevin,deepen Chelsea's role,make her a successful businesswoman also.And let's keep Tyler, such a hunk ! Thanks for reading this.[/quote]

You're welcome, but the grifter-turned fashion designer icon is a bit of a stretch -- don't you think. Lol

HeyMon

Postby HeyMon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 am

THE Show right now is going up against the ratings winner of last year's winning s/l's of Patty shooting Jack, the solving of Diane's murder, and Victor is jail 'marrying' Sharon.

Wait till late Feb/early March when MAB was posting such 'winning' s/l's of Genevieve and Beauty of Nature, Devon & Tucker Part Boring 2, Kevin & Angela get 'married', and such. Then you will see huge gains for Y&R vs last year.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”