Phyllis Has Her Nerve!!!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
kenerly1

Re: Phyllis Has Her Nerve!!!

Postby kenerly1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 pm

Quote Sunnyflower:
Quote deceived: I could not believe that Phyllis, who recently, hid the body of Dr. Reed, and got Kevin involved...then when Jack needs help, she is surprised at the idea??? "I will not be involved in hiding a felony???" and she is bailing on Jack... unbelievable!!! HYPOCRITE!!!

I see. So if someone committed arson and Sharon said, I want nothing to do with this, that would make her a hypocrite?

Sorry, I don't get wanting to change your life and moving onto a better path hypocrisy. She just narrowly escaped 2 felony convictions, so I can't blame her at all that she would want nothing to do with more crime.

But that is not how it played out anyhow. Even if it did though, I see no hypocrisy at all. People are always entitled to not involve themselves with a crime, regardless. It would be sad if they weren't.

This is how I saw it too..Phyllis had just gotten out of a mess and dodged prison and then when she heard Adam was involed she wisely bowed out..No hypocrisy there. She told Jack she had hid a body and covered it up not too long ago..been there, done that..no more..good for her.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Quote LilMonkey84:
Quote deceived:
Quote LilMonkey84:
Quote deceived: I could not believe that Phyllis, who recently, hid the body of Dr. Reed, and got Kevin involved...then when Jack needs help, she is surprised at the idea??? "I will not be involved in hiding a felony???" and she is bailing on Jack... unbelievable!!! HYPOCRITE!!!

So she gets crucified for moving Tim's body, and then gets crucified again for not wanting to help Jack move the hookers body. Unbelievable! How does that even make sense?

Oh, nevermind...it's because it's Phyllis. If that had been anyone else on this show they would be commended for learning from their mistakes and making better choices. ~)

OMG!!! I am not a Phater! But I admit I jumped the gun,,, I saw Phyllis ready to bail, and I was on my way out the door...(just saw when she stayed)...but I cannot believe she acted surprised.

I have read many of your posts and would tend to disagree with the "Phater" comment, but that is neither here nor there. It doesn't matter if it's you or someone else on here Phyllis is always damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. If she helps Jack move the body then some will get on their high horse and proclaim that she will never change. If she doesn't help than she is a hypocrite (which I completely disagree with). Just because she had participated in some questionable schemes, as have most characters on this show, it doesn't mean she has to do every illegal act that is asked of her.

I am definitely a Phyllis hater.
That said, I wouldn't think it hypocritical of her to bail (if she did...which she didn't; I watched it yesterday) because it appears she's trying to use the second chance she got with Summer (not to mention the second chance of staying out of prison...sorry, I had to!) to bea a better person. I've got to give her props for that. As I've stated before, I actually could tollerate her when she was with Jack the first time. I would freak out, too, if my friend told me a woman died in their living room and someone moved the body! But when the dust settled (at least so far), she proved loyal to Jack and I think that's admirable...

kenerly1

Postby kenerly1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Quote LilMonkey84:

So she gets crucified for moving Tim's body, and then gets crucified again for not wanting to help Jack move the hookers body. Unbelievable! How does that even make sense?

Oh, nevermind...it's because it's Phyllis. If that had been anyone else on this show they would be commended for learning from their mistakes and making better choices. ~)

Funny how that works when it's Phyllis..go figure!!

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Quote trinilisa:
Quote LucySnowe: I thought the scenes were well-written and well-acted. It was believable that Phyllis would freak out that yet again she is party to a dead body being moved (by knowing about it in this case). It also showed she's committed to Jack. :) Despite her horror at helping in a cover-up, by the show's end, she was encouraging Jack to focus on himself and let Stephanie go. Even when he said he had to "set things right" she was in the background looking exasperated: Very true to Phyllis's character. She's like Adam that way. They can set aside their morals when need be (which is an interesting, edgy aspect to their characters and when well-written, really fascinating). Jack on the other hand is not like that. He has, as far as I recall, been eaten up by things he has done and is more of a softy. In that respect, he is his father's son (he has a moral line he can't cross).

This post is spot on and ita...

Yes, perfectly put. And very fair about Phyl. Jack really got to me with his words about needing to set things right...that side of Jack gets me near to tears.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm

Quote bukopandan:
Quote trinilisa:
Quote LucySnowe: I thought the scenes were well-written and well-acted. It was believable that Phyllis would freak out that yet again she is party to a dead body being moved (by knowing about it in this case). It also showed she's committed to Jack. :) Despite her horror at helping in a cover-up, by the show's end, she was encouraging Jack to focus on himself and let Stephanie go. Even when he said he had to "set things right" she was in the background looking exasperated: Very true to Phyllis's character. She's like Adam that way. They can set aside their morals when need be (which is an interesting, edgy aspect to their characters and when well-written, really fascinating). Jack on the other hand is not like that. He has, as far as I recall, been eaten up by things he has done and is more of a softy. In that respect, he is his father's son (he has a moral line he can't cross).

This post is spot on and ita...

Yes, perfectly put. And very fair about Phyl. Jack really got to me with his words about needing to set things right...that side of Jack gets me near to tears.

Omg it got me choked up yesterday...

spooner

Postby spooner » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Even if Phyllis decided not to help Jack, that's her choice. Just because Kevin helped her doesn't mean she has to do the same. Kevin is an adult and last time I checked us adults can make our own decisions. He is an idiot and chose to help her.

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm not sure where to post these questions but in here might be okay since they are related to the Jack situation. I hope someone will answer these questions. I had to miss some scenes recently.

Did Stephanie's father seem sad to anyone? I saw him once post-death talking to Victor and he seemed unemotional to me. Was there ever any mention of a service/funeral for the deceased? This "death" seems suspect to me.

I also would like to know if I missed something else between Jack and the PI. I was shocked to see the PI not fill Vic in on what all went down with Jack. I know Jack said he'd pay the man more, but why would this matter to the PI since Vic can just pay him more? Did I miss something there, like maybe that the PI showed us that he has a conscience?

Thanks.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Quote bukopandan: I'm not sure where to post these questions but in here might be okay since they are related to the Jack situation. I hope someone will answer these questions. I had to miss some scenes recently.

Did Stephanie's father seem sad to anyone? I saw him once post-death talking to Victor and he seemed unemotional to me. Was there ever any mention of a service/funeral for the deceased? This "death" seems suspect to me.

I also would like to know if I missed something else between Jack and the PI. I was shocked to see the PI not fill Vic in on what all went down with Jack. I know Jack said he'd pay the man more, but why would this matter to the PI since Vic can just pay him more? Did I miss something there, like maybe that the PI showed us that he has a conscience?

Thanks.

In my opinion, the only time I saw Marcus seem a tad emotional about his daughter was when he said that he didn't care what kind of person someone was, they didn't deserved to be dumped in an alley...
I didn't hear anything about a service for Stephanie either...
Yeah, I found that strange, too, that all Jack had to do was pay off the PI and he sang like a canary; of course Victor would pay more for him to do his bidding....the writers dropped the ball on that one, unless, of course, I missed something.

trinilisa

Postby trinilisa » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:53 pm

Quote bukopandan: I'm not sure where to post these questions but in here might be okay since they are related to the Jack situation. I hope someone will answer these questions. I had to miss some scenes recently.

Thanks.

On the other hand, the only thing I can think of is that Congressman Wheeler was in shock over the death so didn't appear as upset as I would have liked him to appear to be over the death of his daughter...
I remember him telling Victor that he had found out, even though the family tried to keep it under wraps, so perhaps they had a private service for her...that could be it, too...

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:01 pm

Quote trinilisa:

Thanks.

In my opinion, the only time I saw Marcus seem a tad emotional about his daughter was when he said that he didn't care what kind of person someone was, they didn't deserved to be dumped in an alley...
I didn't hear anything about a service for Stephanie either...
Yeah, I found that strange, too, that all Jack had to do was pay off the PI and he sang like a canary; of course Victor would pay more for him to do his bidding....the writers dropped the ball on that one, unless, of course, I missed something.

Thanks, Trin. I know Steph was a very minor character, but given that I saw no body and the father seemed almost like nothing had happened (though of course I could understand that he didn't want the world to know), I wondered if I'd missed something important. It still sounds suspect to me, but I'll just accept that she's dead. (I'd love it though if it turned out Adam had some kind of plan in the works and Vic came out looking like the piece of scum he is!)

I thought the PI was pretending to switch teams just so he could now confirm what he and Vic thought had happened to Steph. I expected him to then fill Vic in. So I was really surprised when he didn't. This PI, to me, looks like someone who wouldn't just switch teams for more cash but would be even smarter and get more money from his original employer. If that was what he wanted. He also seems like he might have a conscience.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”