Off Topic--School shooting in Newton Conn--

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
ElleLa

Re: Off Topic--School shooting in Newton Conn--

Postby ElleLa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:20 pm

Quote ElleLa: There are so far 2 reported shooters, 1 dead, 1 in custody, though official confirmations are still pending.

Just wanted to update my post: the person held in custody is reportedly no longer considered a person of interest, still no official confirmation.

Appreciate your updates Castro, I'm in NY.

deceived

Postby deceived » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:23 pm

Quote Castro: Recent reports say authorities went to the shooter's MOTHER's home and they see a body inside...

This tragedy just keeps getting worse!

"YIKES!" :o

Rilynne

Postby Rilynne » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:25 pm

My heart is screaming for everyone involved. I feel sick. It would be absolutely horrific anytime - but just think right before Christmas. A lot of these families were preparing for Santa and kids were excited. WTH !! I heard the shooter was around 20 - how did he get into the school? I am a mother of 4 and I wouldn't survive, no matter what the age. And what the heck could the Governor say to these poor parents who lost their child today. I couldn't make that speech either, the officers who went to work today thinking another day.... My prayers are with everyone involved in this horrible, horrible tragedy.

Castro

Postby Castro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:33 pm

Quote ElleLa:
Quote ElleLa: There are so far 2 reported shooters, 1 dead, 1 in custody, though official confirmations are still pending.

Just wanted to update my post: the person held in custody is reportedly no longer considered a person of interest, still no official confirmation.

Appreciate your updates Castro, I'm in NY.

Sure ElleLa! Between the major and local media sources, there are so many stories but nothing has been solidified.

They just released the name of the shooter. (Ryan Lansa...don't know the correct spelling of his name)A young man who attended Quinnipiac College in CT. Murdered his father and someone else in New Jersey and his mother here in CT

NO IDEA WHAT MADE HIM DO THIS...

mommmy

Postby mommmy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Quote deceived: 10 days to Christmas... %(
So glad I can hug my little boy tonight...
(Isaiah 57:1-2)

You and me both, my kids are home today, one of them wasn't feeling well so I kept them both home. I gave both of them hugs as soon as i heard it. Wasn't well recieved by my 16 year old but gave him a hug anyway, lol.

Castro

Postby Castro » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:36 pm

Quote mommmy:

You and me both, my kids are home today, one of them wasn't feeling well so I kept them both home. I gave both of them hugs as soon as i heard it. Wasn't well recieved by my 16 year old but gave him a hug anyway, lol.

:-)

Teenagers.....

mommmy

Postby mommmy » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Quote Castro:
Quote mommmy:

Teenagers.....

Tell me about it, lol.

ElleLa

Postby ElleLa » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:52 pm

Quote mommmy:
Quote Castro:
Quote mommmy:

Teenagers.....

Tell me about it, lol.

:)

deceived

Postby deceived » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Quote mommmy:

Been married 29 years have 3 boys...11, 22, 25... when my 22 year old got to be 14, I had to let him off way down the street... I guess his friends thought he was an alien... but I like that commercial where the father asks his teen son to help him with his laptop, and he says "NO!" and the dad says: "Good talk." ~)
Glad my 11 year old still wants hugs....

JUJU41

Postby JUJU41 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Quote sassydeb: They are saying they have a second shooter in custody. First is dead. I can't imagine this my kids are all at these ages. Please pray!

My prayers are with each and every one of them.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”