SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Delilah127

SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline

Postby Delilah127 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:45 pm

September 4, 2007
From Carolyn Hinsey

Y&R's Phyllis is a lot of things, but stupid has never been one of them. She wouldn't report to JAIL because baby daughter Summer has a fever? Which means the warden will be furious and time could be added on to her already lengthy six-year sentence?

"This isn't the Alamo," scoffed son Daniel, usually not the voice of reason in the room.

Um, Phyllis? Do you know how many more colds and fevers that kid is going to have before you are released from prison in God-knows-how-many years?

"My baby is very sick!" she cried in the ER. "I don't have a lot of time!"

She has less now, thanks to this ridiculous display.

Hey, Y&R: ENOUGH with Saint Phyllis of the Incarcerated Mothers. We KNOW her. She let Daniel spend his entire childhood traveling overseas with his rock star dad (!) and couldn't even be bothered to visit him on his summer vacation or holidays. She never even sent him an octopus for his birthday. So this "My baby or my life!" stance makes no sense. It just dumbs down Phyllis and every character in her sphere.

The only "urgent care" needed here is with this storyline.

Soulsistah

Re: SOD Online Article - Carolyn Hinsey Re: Phyllis Storyline

Postby Soulsistah » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:49 pm

*clap* *clap* *clap* - to the contrary of what the oh-so-wise writers are trying to do, Phyllis seems dumber and dumber every day with her over-the-top "But I'm a mom!" routine. She's truly laughable at this point/ I'm with Nikki - "the best thing for Summer would be to have nothing to do with Phyllis"! She's not being very smart right now... ~)

StaceyT

Postby StaceyT » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:49 pm

Amen!!!! ~) :-) Good article ;) Thanks for sharing it!

KeepingItReal

Postby KeepingItReal » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:50 pm

clap clap clap

Love it when the call it like it is!

wowbabyits2007

Postby wowbabyits2007 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:51 pm

Quote Soulsistah: *clap* *clap* *clap* - to the contrary of what the oh-so-wise writers are trying to do, Phyllis seems dumber and dumber every day with her over-the-top "But I'm a mom!" routine. She's truly laughable at this point/ I'm with Nikki - "the best thing for Summer would be to have nothing to do with Phyllis"! She's not being very smart right now... ~)

Well said!!! I liked that line where Nikki said that too! :-)

:-)

Snizzle

Postby Snizzle » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:53 pm

she's been dumbed down ever since paired with Nick

Kristi07

Postby Kristi07 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:54 pm

Lovely article...I'm sure the Phicksterswill go nuts over that!!! You reap what you sew!!

Delilah127

Postby Delilah127 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:05 pm

Quote Kristi07: Lovely article...I'm sure the Phicksterswill go nuts over that!!! You reap what you sew!!

:-) :-) You gotta love it! The more stupid LML writes for this heffer, the more of a joke she becomes!

Looks like the "Phyllis" hour is not only backfiring in ratings but with others as well ;)

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:09 pm

Quote Delilah127:
Quote Kristi07: Lovely article...I'm sure the Phicksterswill go nuts over that!!! You reap what you sew!!

:-) :-) You gotta love it! The more stupid LML writes for this heffer, the more of a joke she becomes!

Looks like the "Phyllis" hour is not only backfiring in ratings but with others as well ;)

Guess the writers haven't heard of the adage that there is such a thing as "too much of a 'good' thing" ~) Phyllis is actually killing this show more than ever because she's taken it over. Other high calibre actors are getting little if any air time...even Michael is playing legal lackey to Phyllis - and CJL won an Emmy for best "lead" actor, not best "lackey"!

Kill The Phyllis Show already!!

GL_YRfan1979

Postby GL_YRfan1979 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:12 pm

Quote Snizzle: she's been dumbed down ever since paired with Nick

The IQ points for both have taken a nosedive since they paired up.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”