who do you like better sharon or Phyllis

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
granny45

Re: who do you like better sharon or Phyllis

Postby granny45 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:51 am

Quote sudzy55: I USED to like Phyliss , but I don't even know WHO she is anymore !!

I used to like Phyllis too - but the way they are writing her now, this is not Phyllis! I could never stand whiny Sharon from the very beginning when she lied to Nick about being a virgin to be sure she could trap him into a relationship because he was a "Newman"!

GSongBird

Postby GSongBird » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 am

Both ladies are fantastic actresses however my favorite between the 2 is of course Phyllis (MS)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Also I like the lighter color of her hair. The color she is wearing now makes her look a lot older.... MOO my opinion only ~) ~) ~) ~) ~)

VanillaDP

Postby VanillaDP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:57 pm

Quote BiancaReeseRules: No bashing the actors allowed

i like both the same

So because I have an opinion then that is considered bashing? Nice...this is America, isnt it? I assumed this was aimed at my post since I don't believe MS is attractive at all...? ~)

VanillaDP

Postby VanillaDP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:59 pm

Quote Pretty Pretty Lady: I like Sharon better. I can't understand why Phyllis never gets punished for her crimes. Sharon gets punished for every little thing she does. Yet Phyllis goes free for all the horrible things she does. I just don't get it

That's the way it goes for a villian. Phyllis is the villian yet she goes around accusing everyone else of "wrong doing", LOL! It's the nature of the beast. :D

VanillaDP

Postby VanillaDP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Quote granny45:
Quote sudzy55: I USED to like Phyliss , but I don't even know WHO she is anymore !!

I used to like Phyllis too - but the way they are writing her now, this is not Phyllis! I could never stand whiny Sharon from the very beginning when she lied to Nick about being a virgin to be sure she could trap him into a relationship because he was a "Newman"!

Phyllis is being written totally in character. She is basically the only one that is holding true to character. Meaning she is still doing evil things and still getting away with it. Suffering is something that is new for her but it is thoroughly enjoyable for those of us that hate her. So that is new and a nice twist...

VanillaDP

Postby VanillaDP » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:15 pm

So far it's:
Sharon 14;
Phyllis 9.
Not an official count though. Amazing Sharon has that much considering the butcher job MAB has done on her.

masamf

Postby masamf » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:22 pm

The title is Sharon and Phyllis NOT Michelle Stafford and Sharon Case ~) . When one starts commenting on acting chops or looks, its already crossed the line from character to actor and that's considered actress bashing ~) .
Back OT, I love Sharon better than Phyllis and it has nothing to do with their portrayers. I don't know either if the women that play the Sharon or Phyllis roles personally, so don't care to even go there.

texasgal

Postby texasgal » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:25 pm

I love both of them. I can't stand what they have done to their characters! It is just awful. I would love to see both of them redeemed and brought full circle. They redeem Ole Vic all the time. Why not Phyllis and Sharon? I would love to see them throw us a curve ball and make the become friends some how. Then they could toss Nick to the side and take Genoa City by storm! Ha! Ha!

bukopandan

Postby bukopandan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm

Quote VanillaDP:
Quote granny45:

Phyllis is being written totally in character. She is basically the only one that is holding true to character. Meaning she is still doing evil things and still getting away with it. Suffering is something that is new for her but it is thoroughly enjoyable for those of us that hate her. So that is new and a nice twist...

Great point about Phyl being written "totally in character"--of course she is acting in character! Everything we're seeing is no stretch--it's all led up to what we're getting now. I'm not sure though how "new" any "suffering" is--she's always felt like a victim, but perhaps you are speaking of some actual suffering that you detect. I guess I see some. It's still a far cry from what the normal, healthy-minded person experiences. She's such a bizarre mutation of a human being.

Because of the point re Phyl's actor, the thread will probably soon be closed, and that's to be understood. I do think MS as Phyl and the stylists have intentionally been making Phyl the character less and less appealing in a number of ways. And as I said in another post this week, Phyl has seemed to look more like Ronan and less sexual to me. It feels as if the point is to sort of transform phyl into a neutral entity rather than for her to come across as strongly female and human. They intentionally super-feminize characters at times and make guys more macho or not, so it makes sense that changes in Phyl are for a reason.

granny45

Postby granny45 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Quote VanillaDP:
Quote granny45:

NO she is definately not being written in character. Phyllis is not a nervous, twitching, scared of her shadow character, depending on a man to get her out of her trouble - that's more Sharon. Phyllis has always been able to fight her own battles and come out looking confident and strong. That's what I liked about her.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”