Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Candace

Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!

Postby Candace » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:29 am

grammapam

Re: Update on Jess Walton's (Jill) Y&R Return!

Postby grammapam » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Quote Candace: soaps.sheknows.com/youngandrestless/news/id/24323/
Thanks Candace.

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:52 pm

It's so refreshing to hear that the new regime is interested in Jess Walton and the character on Jill. They are already light years ahead of MAB on understanding that long-time characters and the actors that play them are very important to Y&R viewers.

MAB's idea that any soap star from any soap is as good as a Y&R characters/actors that the audience had followed for decades resulted in a unwatchable train wreck.

mirranda

Postby mirranda » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:58 pm

It's sounding more and more like Jess left the show instead of taking a holiday... I'm happy she is now thinking of coming back though. I hope it works out!

mollyandwally

Postby mollyandwally » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Quote mirranda: It's sounding more and more like Jess left the show instead of taking a holiday... I'm happy she is now thinking of coming back though. I hope it works out!

More like MAB pushed Jess Walton off the show!

I mean come on now. I was watching as Katherine was at a loss at what to do when Neil refused to take the CEO job at Chancellor Industries. Poor Kay had no where else to go & no one could help her......

WHAT A JOKE! KATHERINE WAS LIVING WITH JILL who ran CI & Jabot successfully for years and would have jumped at the chance to do it again.

But this was MAB, she didn't want Jill on the screen, she wouldn't write for her, bu what was even worse she did EVERYTHING possible to write around her, or she just ignored Jill existed to make her newbies work. As soon as Tucker was re-cast Jill was immediately removed form the GC business stories and Tucker was used in her place. Then she was put back in, in a position she held over 20 years ago just to prop Genevieve.

One of the best actresses on this show, who won 2 Emmy's for her portrayal of Jill the only original character left on Y&R, was made the purse holder for MAB"s favorite newbies Tucker & Genevieve, or not used at all. When she became an overnight hit with Colin, MAB fired TR rather than write for them, that wasn't the couple she wanted. She wanted a popular couple with her newbies.

Jess Walton may have left gracefully but she wasn't given much of a choice.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”