SOAP KILLER = Jill Farren Phelps

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
scarlettfever

Re: SOAP KILLER = Jill Farren Phelps

Postby scarlettfever » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:17 am

WHY people think Jill Farren Phelps is anything good for YR amazes me. MAB had to go for sure, but JFP is the final nail. The end of an era. %(

vampiresrule

Postby vampiresrule » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:22 pm

Quote Indigoo: The destruction of Y&R started with LML.

MAB finished the job.

JFP is here to bury it.

LML got great rating the whole time she was at Y&R. She got fired because she refused to cross the picket line. She lost her job because she joined the writers on strike.

smilinabs

Postby smilinabs » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:28 pm

Quote scarlettfever: WHY people think Jill Farren Phelps is anything good for YR amazes me. MAB had to go for sure, but JFP is the final nail. The end of an era. %(

No kidding! Jill Farren Phelps spent the last 34 years destroying 5 soaps. She's no better than MAB, and probably even worse! :-)

MaryLynda

Postby MaryLynda » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:51 pm

Are you drunk? Your post doesn't make sense ~)

Sylviastel

Postby Sylviastel » Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:02 pm

I was a fan of the Facebook page, "Fire Maria Arena Bell," but I would never hire Jill Farren Phelps for the record to fix this mess of a show. I would have chosen Ed Scott to lead the show and get a head writer with a vision for the show's future. I have seen JFP destroy GL, AW, OLTL, and GH in her history. I don't know why she's not banned in daytime dramas. JFP is destructive, demanding, and now the boss. She'll end up burying this show by killing off major cast members. She turned GH into the Sonny Corinthos Show. I keep thinking A Martinez will show up as Carmine's gangster father to cause trouble in GC. A Martinez is one of her favorites too. While she did good with Jerry Verdorn who had cancer and Michael Zaslow with Lou Gehrig's disease, she has killed off beloved female characters for Emmys no less.

DeepnThought

Postby DeepnThought » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 pm

Quote JFPnewEP:
Quote HeyMon: MAB and The Hamner Gang--

No talent hack, who has a job because she married The Boss.

Brings her sis-in-law back and forth, with no coherent story-line (The Bug)

No REAL African-American story-line for the Winters Clan.

Killed off, and made a psycho out of the ONLY Latino on the Show, Ricardo Williams.

Turned Legacy characters into unrecognizable weirdos. Sharon married her baby's kidnapper, and slept with her father-in-law.

The Phyllis Show. Enuf said about that one.

Kills off or Got Rid of the Next Generation regularly. Colleen, Ricky -- dead. Noah - non-existant. No Fen, no Kyle regularly, no Summer except as Red's daughter.

Wouldn't share Eileen D with DAYS.

Made Gen a freaking weirdo one minutes, victim the next, and savvy businesswoman later on.

Jill Farren Phelps is an improvement over Maria Arena Bell.

Ratings are rock bottom. It can't get much worse!

How can the ratings be "rock bottom"? ?) The show is,still,
No.1.(Well,No.1 out of a whopping 4 soaps. :~ :D )

Return to “The Young and the Restless”