New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
bee242424

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby bee242424 » Mon May 16, 2016 7:13 pm

Soulsistah wrote:I agree with that. But I completely understand how difficult it would be for a woman to give up a child she raised believing it was her own for over 5 months. We saw how Ashley almost bolted outta town with baby Faith when she had suspicions about the maternity. If not for the fact that her whole family and the Newmans were with her when the DNA results came in, she might have really taken off. Sharon has my total sympathy for how difficult this must be. But, having said that, she must tell the truth. It will be a world of pain and hurt for both her and Dylan :( , but the truth will eventually come out anyway, so sooner is better than later.

But of course we know the writers are drawing this out for story sake. :roll: It's stupid and unnecessary, but that's how they roll. Drag, drag, drag. This is a reason I think they killed of that lying dirtbag Sage; they wanted to draw this story out longer and they could do that if Sage was killed off (good decision there writers.) ;)) It's all going to come out eventually, and when it does, my full sympathy will be with Sharon and Dylan. I know SC and SB are going to kill their scenes. That's what i'm looking forward to watching and hopefully seeing how they rebuild their marriage. I really hope they do. The Blame Sharon Theme is beyond played out and boring and even non-Sharon fans are saying that.

Team Sharon!

I want to see what happens with Shylan after this. Dylan has always said he understands and knows Sharon bc of her menta illness etc and this will be a world of heartbreak for both of them.
What gets me is why are the writers making everyone so dumb in this story? We have seen Dylan ask lots of questions and now it's like nothing is crossing his mind. I hope Shylan can stay together and I do agree that blaming Sharon for everything is getting old.
She is wrong with keeping the secret, but the longer she does the harder it's going to be.
The baby is precious and it stinks watching DYlan bonding with this baby.... UGH. It's going to be hard to watch, but I am ready for the truth to come out.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Mon May 16, 2016 9:58 pm

I am anxious to find out how dylan handles the truth. He should on some level relate to sharon since he did something similar when he found out connor wasn't his son. Sharon withholding the truth about the miscarriage and lying about christian for the last week will probably anger dylan initially, but once some time passes and he clears his head for a bit I hope he see's that its not a reason to walk away from his marriage. What sharon is doing is wrong but its not evil, and considering the circumstances that lead to this she deserves some understanding from everyone Dr. Anderson victimized.

I have no problem watching sharon have to answer for her actions, but I am over sharon being held accountable for other adults failure to do the right thing. If this is the road the writers are headed towards then I am done with this storyline, cause I've had enough!! If they can make this reveal compelling, dramatic, and evolve all the characters then I think it has great potential in the long run.

bee242424

Postby bee242424 » Mon May 16, 2016 10:59 pm

Nezy wrote:I am anxious to find out how dylan handles the truth. He should on some level relate to sharon since he did something similar when he found out connor wasn't his son. Sharon withholding the truth about the miscarriage and lying about christian for the last week will probably anger dylan initially, but once some time passes and he clears his head for a bit I hope he see's that its not a reason to walk away from his marriage. What sharon is doing is wrong but its not evil, and considering the circumstances that lead to this she deserves some understanding from everyone Dr. Anderson victimized.

I have no problem watching sharon have to answer for her actions, but I am over sharon being held accountable for other adults failure to do the right thing. If this is the road the writers are headed towards then I am done with this storyline, cause I've had enough!! If they can make this reveal compelling, dramatic, and evolve all the characters then I think it has great potential in the long run.

TOtally agree... Let's not forget that the Dr. Implemented this plan and the nurse kidnapped the baby from the hospital and told Sage Sharon didn't know.
There was an episode recently when Dylan was trying to get Sharon to remember the delivery and I almost felt like he knew sulky wasn't their child. He mentioned there was no record of the birth and he was really trying to Get Sharon to remember anything. He has also has conversations with Paul regarding the delivery. It's dropped now and all we see is him bonding with Sully and telling Sharon he couldn't lose him etc.

Sharon needs to come clean with the secret and tell everyone, my question is who gets The baby?
Nick isn't the dad, Adam changed the test results and Chelsea doesn't know the baby at all.
so many story lines involve family keeping secrets out of love etc. I think Dylan could have handled the miscarriage and I wish they could have tried again or even adopted of just raised Faith. I know that is too normal for soaps but Dylan has been through a lot of heart ache where kids are concerned, so has Sharon.
I don't want to see Sharon blamed for thinking she was preggers, but it looks like she will keep the secret and we have to wait for the fall out. There is so much potential 4 this story but ever since she had no post birth effects its been really unbelievable to watch. I was hoping she would have found out this info with Dylan as she as being so forthcoming with her dreams and even Rolf him she felt like her dreams were telling her Sully doesn't exist. Ugh... Now we have the infamous secret that Sharon always has to keep. Move this along already,
I'm sure SC will knock it out the park, and SBu too. I wonder what Adam will do? So many possible scenerios, let just hope it keeps us interested and not the same old Sharon stuff we see every year.

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Tue May 17, 2016 11:51 am

I have it from a reliable social media source that the show is casting for a Sage look-alike for a one-day shoot. If true, I hope it's just Sharon having a nightmare/vision of Sage the night she died. For a one-day shoot, it can't be more than that. But what I think is really stupid is that it seems like it's just an after thought by the writers, otherwise why not have shot that scene(s) with KS before her last day? Duh. :roll: I don't really care what vision this look-alike turns out to be. As long as it prods Sharon to tell the truth before others find it, I'm good. Glad the real character Sage isn't coming back. She was awful. Once the truth is out, just maybe Sharon and Dylan can finally move on. So bored and uninterested in any more "blame Sharon" storylines. It's talentless writing, IMO, and insulting to the audience that this plot ever got off the ground. It was bad enough when they pulled this with Ashley not really knowing she miscarried and never birthed baby Faith. But to go this far and do it again with Sharon? Atrocious writing. I think either Pratt or Phelps will be fired soon. Deservedly so.

Always rooting for our beautiful, kind Sharon. :D

Return to “The Young and the Restless”