New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
cw5704

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby cw5704 » Fri May 25, 2018 10:28 pm

Have always been a Sharon fan and am glad to see Shick getting back together, it was high time it happened! I think that Sharon and Nick are like Nikki and Victor and they are better together than being apart. These two have been through so much over the years' and deserve to be happy and they are with each other which is okay be me and their family seem to be behind them. Even Phylllis congratulated them on their renewed romance and left the snide remarks behind which was nice to see.

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Sat May 26, 2018 7:31 am

I'm sure every SHICK fan is taking this reunion with a grain of salt.

We have been "Played enough times" with these writers.

I want a long relationship!

A loving relationship!

Shick will have their problems like any other couple..... but no more breaking up!

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Sat May 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Nick and Sharon will be tested, and hope this time nothing can stop it. I see this week Billy notice Phyllis and Nick and does not like what he see. Yes she will try, but I do not see Nick ever leaving Sharon for that. I think this time we'll get them back.

Soaps91

Postby Soaps91 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:29 pm

Nezy wrote:^I completely agree. I don't mind nick in other relationships, and I do believe he's loved other women including Phyllis, but it was never on the same level as he did sharon. Sharon was through the stratosphere which is why he gives her such a hard time with her mistakes, all the while continuing to fall in love with her over and over again. Thats not sharon's problem, she's the love of his life, and she's entitled to love him and want him and be there for him whether its liked or not.

Its just such an issue with the sharon vs. Phyllis thing, when it was never really a competition. Cassie's death was what shick couldn't get past, it had nothing to do with lack of love or attraction, and nick's constant need to be with sharon and near sharon despite it all just further solidifies that fact. It was never really about Phyllis, it was not about a great love with Phyllis although he did love her, which is why sharon remained the one treated like his wife nick's entire marriage to Phyllis. Sharon has every right to the life she wanted with nick before tragedy struck, and no matter how in denial people can be nick doesn't want anyone but sharon. Its nick who's the issue, its always been nick who could never move on!!

Yes, that is true. Nick doesn't wanna move on from Sharon, because as you stated, though they both made a number of mistakes, they can't pull away from each other, thus raising the "Co-Dependency" issue from anti-Sharon/Shick fans. Over the years, Sharon has tried to move on from Nick, when she was single or in a relationship. He was always running to her to either check on her, ask for advice, or have an excuse to make love. Sharon remained the one treated like his wife nick's entire marriage to Phyllis.

I wouldn't know how to explain it any better. He had deep regrets about his affair. I could tell just from reading old threads that most people felt it was Sharon who was still in love with him & didn't wanna let go. Neither wanted the marriage to end. You'd think that a child's passing would bring husband & wife closer, not drift them apart. Hell, I wouldn't wanna let him go either, but knowing Nikki... :roll:

It's a competition when it comes to Shick Vs. Phick - with their fanbases. Just my 2 cents: Throughout the marriage(s), I feel as though Phyllis tried to be for Nick what Sharon was to him: The perfect wife who slaves over a hot stove while taking care of the kids. And yes, I know about Diego, Cameron, & Brad, etc.

She still can't fathom the fact that the man she married thrice would still have feelings for the girl he met in high school & fell in love with all those years ago because she wanted that life - the life she often had with Jack.

Phyllis never once realized that the stuff she pulled on Sharon would send Nick running to her every time. The article in Restless Style, Nick read it & was furious at his wife. Of course, Sharon wasn't that affected by it, but Phyllis expected her to be because then she could get annoyed at the fact that "Poor, fragile" Sharon got her wittle feelings hurt & she should just get over it.

Blackmailing her over her affair with Brad & getting her kidnapped by him.

Dressing up as a maid, breaking into her room at the GCAC & cutting up her lengerie.

All these things that occured sent Nick right back into her arms, because he was fed up with her lies.

Now, if the roles were reversed, & Sharon had done all of the listed things, she'd be called petty, selfish, pathetic, "Too old to be acting like a jealous High School Girl", trashy, etc.

I never minded about other relationships of his either. The die-hard Shick fans do. :x I'll always have a soft spot for Navery. They were cheesy, but cute. :)

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Sat May 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Soaps91 wrote:
Nezy wrote:^I completely agree. I don't mind nick in other relationships, and I do believe he's loved other women including Phyllis, but it was never on the same level as he did sharon. Sharon was through the stratosphere which is why he gives her such a hard time with her mistakes, all the while continuing to fall in love with her over and over again. Thats not sharon's problem, she's the love of his life, and she's entitled to love him and want him and be there for him whether its liked or not.

Its just such an issue with the sharon vs. Phyllis thing, when it was never really a competition. Cassie's death was what shick couldn't get past, it had nothing to do with lack of love or attraction, and nick's constant need to be with sharon and near sharon despite it all just further solidifies that fact. It was never really about Phyllis, it was not about a great love with Phyllis although he did love her, which is why sharon remained the one treated like his wife nick's entire marriage to Phyllis. Sharon has every right to the life she wanted with nick before tragedy struck, and no matter how in denial people can be nick doesn't want anyone but sharon. Its nick who's the issue, its always been nick who could never move on!!

Yes, that is true. Nick doesn't wanna move on from Sharon, because as you stated, though they both made a number of mistakes, they can't pull away from each other, thus raising the "Co-Dependency" issue from anti-Sharon/Shick fans. Over the years, Sharon has tried to move on from Nick, when she was single or in a relationship. He was always running to her to either check on her, ask for advice, or have an excuse to make love. Sharon remained the one treated like his wife nick's entire marriage to Phyllis.

I wouldn't know how to explain it any better. He had deep regrets about his affair. I could tell just from reading old threads that most people felt it was Sharon who was still in love with him & didn't wanna let go. Neither wanted the marriage to end. You'd think that a child's passing would bring husband & wife closer, not drift them apart. Hell, I wouldn't wanna let him go either, but knowing Nikki... :roll:

It's a competition when it comes to Shick Vs. Phick - with their fanbases. Just my 2 cents: Throughout the marriage(s), I feel as though Phyllis tried to be for Nick what Sharon was to him: The perfect wife who slaves over a hot stove while taking care of the kids. And yes, I know about Diego, Cameron, & Brad, etc.

She still can't fathom the fact that the man she married thrice would still have feelings for the girl he met in high school & fell in love with all those years ago because she wanted that life - the life she often had with Jack.

Phyllis never once realized that the stuff she pulled on Sharon would send Nick running to her every time. The article in Restless Style, Nick read it & was furious at his wife. Of course, Sharon wasn't that affected by it, but Phyllis expected her to be because then she could get annoyed at the fact that "Poor, fragile" Sharon got her wittle feelings hurt & she should just get over it.

Blackmailing her over her affair with Brad & getting her kidnapped by him.

Dressing up as a maid, breaking into her room at the GCAC & cutting up her lengerie.

All these things that occured sent Nick right back into her arms, because he was fed up with her lies.

Now, if the roles were reversed, & Sharon had done all of the listed things, she'd be called petty, selfish, pathetic, "Too old to be acting like a jealous High School Girl", trashy, etc.

I never minded about other relationships of his either. The die-hard Shick fans do. :x I'll always have a soft spot for Navery. They were cheesy, but cute. :)

I had to pointed out the bolded part b/c its soooooo true and its still happening. I don't get the sharon vs. Phyllis thing, and how it continues to be an issue but most have matured and moved on from that -- thank goodness.

I think Phyllis just tried to become what she thought sharon was that made nick love her. There is no method to force someone to love a person, truly love them. You can't manipulate those things but Phyllis kept trying to do it only to end up last priority and sharon at the top. I love Phyllis but Nick was already showing her how things were going to be before he even married her. He continued to be all about sharon during his affair with Phyllis as well, but in the mix of it I think he grew to love Phyllis too. Its just not a love that would stand the test of time, it didn't grow or evolve, yet his love for sharon DID. I can't blame sharon for that, nick was her husband, he was her family for over 10 years so to expect to capitalize off of her tragedy -- there is no winning with that. I would never want to be the girl a guy turns to b/c he lost a child and didn't want to deal with the aftermath of it.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Sun May 27, 2018 12:16 am

cinderella2 wrote:I'm sure every SHICK fan is taking this reunion with a grain of salt.

We have been "Played enough times" with these writers.

I want a long relationship!

A loving relationship!

Shick will have their problems like any other couple..... but no more breaking up!

I know a lot of shick fans that feel they've been toyed with so many times, that they can't ever rely on a real reunion. This is something BB would never have allowed, b/c he modeled them as his own version of Nikki/Victor but with their own original type of stories. Its clear Sharon and Nick were meant to withstand the test of time, and they have, but the will they won't they has always been something previous writers like to tease in order to keep their fans invested. They took it too far for sure, the will they won't they has been played to death now, so its time for Mal to make it happen. Many fans of y&r that I know love the shick reunion but hate everything else, its not just me that feels that way. Shouldn't have used shick history to elevate other pairings, b/c of that Mal has to prove he's serious a lot more b/c of what writers in the past have done. The ONLY thing going right now is Shick, and I like Kyle and how he's written. Otherwise I don't care, and I don't watch.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Sun May 27, 2018 5:13 am

have to laugh at posts saying Shick is tanking the ratings when they have been together for like a week..the ratings have been tanking for months when Shick wasn't even in each others radar...such nonsense...we have no idea what is in store for them as a couple, but I can't imagine why anyone would be expecting this one couple to make or break the show....Shick just does not have that much power...there are so many other couples on the show, wonder why the blame for the tanking ratings doesn't also rest on their shoulders..anyway, our girl Sharon is always one of the best, most loved and most talked about character..

Return to “The Young and the Restless”