New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Dexter Fan

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby Dexter Fan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:22 pm

I feel bad for Dylan too. Obviously, it's about to bust open, now I hear SB wants to leave. I don't blame Dylan if he arrests her and Mariah. They are being very devious now. All involved with this crazy story must be sick of it!

LJMOM812

Postby LJMOM812 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Things are going to be rocky for my favorite character for awhile, but I am still rooting for her, and relieved that this awful story line is ending. Once again, she was the scapegoat for another character's evil deeds and everyone in GC will blame and vilify her for the whole Sully/ Christian debacle. I find it tiresome and unfair to say the least. I am hoping the new writers will improve the the story lines of Sharon. I still believe that she is at the core a kind and compassionate character who is flawed by trauma and mental illness. She should finally get the help she deserves and have a chance at happiness, preferably without Nick Newman. I would love for her to be successful at something that is all her own--maybe write a self help book about her experiences and how she finally got better and how she did it. I am sad to see so many former Sharon fans joining the hate threads, but I get why people have turned on her. If this new writing group continues with this negative path, then I will finally just tune out.

Palski

Postby Palski » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:07 am

LJMOM812 wrote:Things are going to be rocky for my favorite character for awhile, but I am still rooting for her, and relieved that this awful story line is ending. Once again, she was the scapegoat for another character's evil deeds and everyone in GC will blame and vilify her for the whole Sully/ Christian debacle. I find it tiresome and unfair to say the least. I am hoping the new writers will improve the the story lines of Sharon. I still believe that she is at the core a kind and compassionate character who is flawed by trauma and mental illness. She should finally get the help she deserves and have a chance at happiness, preferably without Nick Newman. I would love for her to be successful at something that is all her own--maybe write a self help book about her experiences and how she finally got better and how she did it. I am sad to see so many former Sharon fans joining the hate threads, but I get why people have turned on her. If this new writing group continues with this negative path, then I will finally just tune out.

ITA but I love Team Sharon!!!!

Cats4joy

Postby Cats4joy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:06 am

The funny thing is I don't see Sharon as a scapegoat in this story. It's the non fans that are trying to do that. This storyline is about someone from Nick's past who came to get revenge on him. The doctor is the one that decided to use Sharon as part of her scheme. How or why Sharon became entangled with this doctor is irrelevant, people blaming Sharon for being at Fairview under the doctors care is wrong and in no way makes Sharon responsible for the doctors actions. Sharon was used and victimized by this doctor as a means to an end, getting revenge on Nick. Sharon was put in a horrifying situation of finding out the baby you're raising and love is not yours. Not wanting anyone to find out, not wanting to lose your child, your family, is a perfectly normal reaction. Sharon struggled with this decision every day which means she's not evil or cold-hearted but was in impossible situation and all because some woman wanted revenge on Nick. Can she be blamed for keeping the secret, yes. Was it understandable, yes to me it was. There's a lot of victims in this plot and Sharon is one of them. Sharon Case is doing a fantastic job, I love watching her and I feel her in every scene. Rock on!

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Cats4joy wrote:The funny thing is I don't see Sharon as a scapegoat in this story.[b] It's the non fans that are trying to do that. [/b]This storyline is about someone from Nick's past who came to get revenge on him. The doctor is the one that decided to use Sharon as part of her scheme. How or why Sharon became entangled with this doctor is irrelevant, people blaming Sharon for being at Fairview under the doctors care is wrong and in no way makes Sharon responsible for the doctors actions. Sharon was used and victimized by this doctor as a means to an end, getting revenge on Nick. Sharon was put in a horrifying situation of finding out the baby you're raising and love is not yours. Not wanting anyone to find out, not wanting to lose your child, your family, is a perfectly normal reaction. Sharon struggled with this decision every day which means she's not evil or cold-hearted but was in impossible situation and all because some woman wanted revenge on Nick. Can she be blamed for keeping the secret, yes. Was it understandable, yes to me it was. There's a lot of victims in this plot and Sharon is one of them. Sharon Case is doing a fantastic job, I love watching her and I feel her in every scene. Rock on!

Yessss..... its funny and incredibly transparent. I still think the storyline lacks without Dr. Anderson/Sage/Adam in the mix. Now there is a fight for a kid who's parents are presumed dead. I don't know what Pratt was thinking, but now it looks like the storyline is going in a direction that points emphasis on Anderson's victims, and that very much includes Sharon. So far she isn't being written as the scapegoat, and that was my biggest issue with this storyline and I wasn't okay with this. I know many Sharon fans and even some who aren't that just were fed up with the "lets blame it all on her" sing a long.

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:42 am

Cats4joy wrote:The funny thing is I don't see Sharon as a scapegoat in this story. It's the non fans that are trying to do that. This storyline is about someone from Nick's past who came to get revenge on him. The doctor is the one that decided to use Sharon as part of her scheme. How or why Sharon became entangled with this doctor is irrelevant, people blaming Sharon for being at Fairview under the doctors care is wrong and in no way makes Sharon responsible for the doctors actions. Sharon was used and victimized by this doctor as a means to an end, getting revenge on Nick. Sharon was put in a horrifying situation of finding out the baby you're raising and love is not yours. Not wanting anyone to find out, not wanting to lose your child, your family, is a perfectly normal reaction. Sharon struggled with this decision every day which means she's not evil or cold-hearted but was in impossible situation and all because some woman wanted revenge on Nick. Can she be blamed for keeping the secret, yes. Was it understandable, yes to me it was. There's a lot of victims in this plot and Sharon is one of them. Sharon Case is doing a fantastic job, I love watching her and I feel her in every scene. Rock on!

awesome post. *clapping* There are a ton of fans who see this situation the same way. Trust me, there is still a lot of vocal Sharon support outside this board and TBTB are hearing it.
Sharon is not evil, and never was.
Sharon is still at her core kind-hearted and compassionate.
Sharon is not a "kidnapper". :roll: A simple check in a dictionary will confirm that. :lol:
Sharon always was and still is a good mother who loves her kids.
Sharon has BPD which causes her to act erratically at times if she doesn't stay on her medication. But even then, the right dosage can be weeks and months of trial and error. The way the illness has been written is a slap in the face to real sufferers of the disease and their families. It's obscene because the way writing had her behaving was offensive to sufferers of the illness.
Sharon has been treated more unfairly and to a different and impossible,
higher standard than anyone else on the show. Period.

True fans have stuck by Sharon because at the root of it all is the writing has not been true to the character for many years now. That's why there is continuing uproar over how her character is being written. True fans simply won't accept the caca that's been written for her, inspite of BTS pressure for the actress to say she enjoys these storylines. Right. ;) We all know most actors do NOT get to dictate their storylines and SC knows that better than most, I believe.

But change is a coming loyal Sharon fans. :mrgreen: Real changes, some of which are already being seen on the show. And changes are definitely coming for our gorgeous and talented leading lady Sharon Case (Mariah too!). Someone who works for CBS SID has emphatically tweeted that Sharon fans will be very pleased with what's to come for Sharon with the new writing team. A team who I am betting were horrified to see what's been done to Sharon because the new HW and story consultant both worked with Bill Bell when "Sharon" was created and helped write her storylines that propelled her to huge popularity from 1994. Seeing is believing, of course, but I think we may FINALLY get the real Sharon back! Some really won't like that, but Team Sharon's time may finally be here in a few more weeks! I know I'll be tuning in then with my pom-poms. Perhaps there will even be a "Sharon is back!" Twitter party, similar to the "SageisDeadParty" that trended last April. Good times. :mrgreen:

Team Sharon baby!! :D

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:42 am

I am happy that this baby storyline is out and soon to be over.

SB is leaving the show and I am hoping his character goes with him.

But now we have to wait for the next reveal :roll: that Adam is the father.

TEAM SHARON ALL THE WAY! :D

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:23 pm

cinderella2 wrote:I am happy that this baby storyline is out and soon to be over.

SB is leaving the show and I am hoping his character goes with him.

But now we have to wait for the next reveal :roll: that Adam is the father.

TEAM SHARON ALL THE WAY! :D

This is the real issue for me. The real reveal is christian's paternity and who should raise this child. Its not nick's, and he needs to know that so that this baby can finally belong somewhere. I hope this happens sooner than later.

I don't see where they can go with Dylan from here. There doesn't seem to be much to tell with his character anymore.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:17 pm

Jackie10 wrote:Sound like they keep on dishing the same ole crap at Sharon. When will they get the hint that to revamp this soap they are going to have to get her out of and away from these dead beat people. She is to good a character to always be beat down.

This is my main issue with the way this character is written. Sharon was always flawed, and she's been given some wonderful moments and juicy material when her life is in chaos, but its beyond repetitive now and I am tired of watching sharon be used as a scapegoat for nick's BS romances or to prop others storylines once again. I don't need to have BB's version of sharon back, she's been through too much to ever be the same again, but they have taken this character too far to the edge and I am not interested in watching her character get beat down while others that commit similar acts don't even get a slap on the wrist.

Return to “The Young and the Restless”