New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Palski

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby Palski » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:06 pm

Nezy wrote:
Palski wrote:
cinderella2 wrote:Loving strong independent Sharon too!

Chelsea wanting to know if Nick sent them over.... :roll:

It would be nice to see Chick fail on their own. Sharon doesn't have to lift a finger. :lol:

I think they are already an epic fail, all by themselves. They are so dull, that Chelsea's lie is the most interesting aspect to them and thats pathetic at this point in Nick's storyline. I am done watching sharon save another one of nick's relationships by being the object of their obsession. Also, I don't want them in her business, infecting their storyline with their dullness disease.

No more Sharon making Chick look interesting. Not Faith, either. Let them carry on alone.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:58 pm

ANorris wrote:I am also glad that the writers have Sharon becoming "Sharon" again rather than the dipsy doodle character that she had been written as for the past number of years! I abhorred the one dimensional character that she had become under poor writing regimes! There are so many stories that can now be told with the re emerging of this interesting legacy character... The concentration seems to have been to elevate both Victor and Sharon from the villanous cartoon characters they had become but now it's time to devote time to "story development" to keep things interesting and hopping in GC...

What annoys me most Is that they had to write sharon too far on the edge just to make a storyline worth mentioning for nick. I can't tolerate that anymore, b/c the character doesn't need him at this point and thats the truth. Sharon was Brought on by Bill Bell as a love interest for nick, and his objective was to create a younger version of Nikki and victor but with their own brand of history. He succeeded, b/c these two characters are marvelous together, but time has changed Sharon's dynamic and thats 100% a testament to Ms. Case. Sharon can stand alone, any scenes with any male lead will get far more attention with or without the nick factor, so watching her be so over the edge (although at times very entertaining) all just to give nick some angst has run its course and is now overkill, and there is no going back from it.

I am over watching sharon own her mistakes, pay for them all including others, all the while so nick can Come out clean and desirable. Its not working anymore, and I see that amongst viewers that don't even like sharon. Nick is weak, coddled, judgmental prick who needs to grow up. His one saving grace, the one person who has that hold and influence is sharon and thats the truth as far as I'm concerned. Its time to restructure shick, or separate them completely cause I am done watching this circle they have these two characters going in when they are apart.

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:51 am

Nezy wrote:
ANorris wrote:I am also glad that the writers have Sharon becoming "Sharon" again rather than the dipsy doodle character that she had been written as for the past number of years! I abhorred the one dimensional character that she had become under poor writing regimes! There are so many stories that can now be told with the re emerging of this interesting legacy character... The concentration seems to have been to elevate both Victor and Sharon from the villanous cartoon characters they had become but now it's time to devote time to "story development" to keep things interesting and hopping in GC...

What annoys me most Is that they had to write sharon too far on the edge just to make a storyline worth mentioning for nick. I can't tolerate that anymore, b/c the character doesn't need him at this point and thats the truth. Sharon was Brought on by Bill Bell as a love interest for nick, and his objective was to create a younger version of Nikki and victor but with their own brand of history. He succeeded, b/c these two characters are marvelous together, but time has changed Sharon's dynamic and thats 100% a testament to Ms. Case. Sharon can stand alone, any scenes with any male lead will get far more attention with or without the nick factor, so watching her be so over the edge (although at times very entertaining) all just to give nick some angst has run its course and is now overkill, and there is no going back from it.

I am over watching sharon own her mistakes, pay for them all including others, all the while so nick can Come out clean and desirable. Its not working anymore, and I see that amongst viewers that don't even like sharon. Nick is weak, coddled, judgmental prick who needs to grow up. His one saving grace, the one person who has that hold and influence is sharon and thats the truth as far as I'm concerned. Its time to restructure shick, or separate them completely cause I am done watching this circle they have these two characters going in when they are apart.

GREAT POST! :P

Sharon can and has been standing on her own for awhile now.

Nick Newmen... I do love but get mad at sometimes :mrgreen:

The writers have made Sharon the fall guy for Nick, its time to stop. :roll:

Have Nick face the consequences for his own actions and have Sharon be there for him and understand like she does people make mistakes. Sharon is the only person to this day that Nick goes to for comfort.

So I believe in Shick and I am hoping this new writing team does too! :P

I want Shick back! :mrgreen:

deceived

Postby deceived » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:52 am

YES... Nezy... reconstruct SHICK, they are the next NICTOR, they were meant to be... no other couple can pull that off... NICTOR cannot be on the front burner for many more years... although I like them as grandparents, which is redeeming them somewhat...
So, Shick reuniting with their family, and doing the SHICK Happy Dance, would make my year!!! :D

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:07 am

deceived wrote:YES... Nezy... reconstruct SHICK, they are the next NICTOR, they were meant to be... no other couple can pull that off... NICTOR cannot be on the front burner for many more years... although I like them as grandparents, which is redeeming them somewhat...
So, Shick reuniting with their family, and doing the SHICK Happy Dance, would make my year!!! :D

If Shick was to reunite I want it to be exciting, romantic, sexy and most of all loving....

I want Nick to romance Sharon (and us) :mrgreen: for a while.....

deceived

Postby deceived » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 am

Nick could start out with that Red wool coat he got her that first winter.... so romantic...

cinderella2

Postby cinderella2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:20 am

deceived wrote:Nick could start out with that Red wool coat he got her that first winter.... so romantic...

If the writers would give us Shick back.

oh the possibilities..... :mrgreen:

Palski

Postby Palski » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:10 am

deceived wrote:YES... Nezy... reconstruct SHICK, they are the next NICTOR, they were meant to be... no other couple can pull that off... NICTOR cannot be on the front burner for many more years... although I like them as grandparents, which is redeeming them somewhat...
Shick dance sounds fun. They are great for replacing Niktor as long as they don't behave like them. Niktor is pathetic and Sharon acting like Nikki would be disastrous. imo

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 pm

Its time, b/c this merry go round the writers have had them on for years now has run its course. I agree that they are their own version of the next Nikki and victor, soulmates and nick has no one fooled with how he really feels about her except those that don't want to acknowledge it, so sharon is blamed when all she has to do is exist and nick will make it his life's mission to be there. Regardless, shick is where the story is, its just an incredibly deep and profound relationship that has so much more to say. Thats the draw for me, they bring the heat in every capacity with love and drama as if they are new to the game when they've been around for over 20 years. After EVERYTHING, they still have "IT", and I am just tired of watching other's use it to make things interesting b/c without that shickness, no one would care.

rediculous

Postby rediculous » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:31 am

Nezy wrote:

Both your posts are spot on...ICAM with each of them...I see a different Sharon emerging, the one Bill Bell wrote...no matter what the writing SC can pull it off, but SN was was taken way to far off course by the idiots who used her to make other characters relevant...I absolutely love this character!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”