New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Nezy

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby Nezy » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:31 pm

rediculous wrote:
Nezy wrote:I thought Sharon was pretty fierce today and held her ground. I liked that she spoke of her past, and how hard it was for her growing up poor, not wanting something like that for her children was a reminder of how much of a mama bear she was written to be until the writing went all haywire. I feel this character is finally healing, and getting back to the core of who she always was even when she wasn't my favorite.

Also, its slowly moving Sharon to a position where she's an equal parental figure to her children. I get her going along with nick in keeping faith from living with victor, but I am over watching nick make the sole decision. It's time to restore the joint custody arrangement with Sharon, and for Sharon to get a lawyer to make sure her children can no longer be used as punishment tools by nick.

What a great post Nezy...I was so proud of Sharon in that scene with Nick....it is nice to see her return to the character we all know and love...you go Sharon, fight for what you believe is right and for the security of your children....

Thank You. I am just proud of who Sharon has become, I've always thought she was strong even when I didn't like her, but she's evolved and I hope that we see that now that things are about to get messy.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Sharon is definitely leading the charge in finding Scott and Abby. Its unfortunate that neither are worth her time, but I have a feeling this is going to drag along for months before we see the truth of Scott/Abby betrayal. I have a feeling that Scott is going to end up regretting the loss, b/c if I didn't see a scabby love story that would be believable before, I sure as h*ll don't now.

lomille

Postby lomille » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 pm

ITA. Always loved Sharon, still do. Sharon rocks all her characters whether she is psycho, nuttty, or acting intelligent. U go Sharon.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:58 pm

I wonder where Sharon and Scott go from here? Or how will sharon handle finding out Abby/Scott hooked up while she was worried sick and making an effort to look for him to make sure he's okay? I personally feel that both couples have been ruined, I don't see anything working out for Sharon or abby where Scott's concerned.

I think its time to build more on Scott's history, that huge gap of time the audience knows nothing about, b/c his PTSD episode certainly has me wondering more about his history.

bee242424

Postby bee242424 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:26 pm

Nezy wrote:I wonder where Sharon and Scott go from here? Or how will sharon handle finding out Abby/Scott hooked up while she was worried sick and making an effort to look for him to make sure he's okay? I personally feel that both couples have been ruined, I don't see anything working out for Sharon or abby where Scott's concerned.

I think its time to build more on Scott's history, that huge gap of time the audience knows nothing about, b/c his PTSD episode certainly has me wondering more about his history.

I agree. I just can’t imagine it going back to normal with Sharon and Scott. Scott and Abby IMO won’t work either.
What do u make of the complete change in Scott? He was so interested in sharon and Seemed like he really cared for her.
I want to see more of his past exposed and his PTSD as well.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:45 pm

bee242424 wrote:
Nezy wrote:I wonder where Sharon and Scott go from here? Or how will sharon handle finding out Abby/Scott hooked up while she was worried sick and making an effort to look for him to make sure he's okay? I personally feel that both couples have been ruined, I don't see anything working out for Sharon or abby where Scott's concerned.

I agree. I just can’t imagine it going back to normal with Sharon and Scott. Scott and Abby IMO won’t work either.
What do u make of the complete change in Scott? He was so interested in sharon and Seemed like he really cared for her.
I want to see more of his past exposed and his PTSD as well.

I think Scott's development has been shattered, and I think Mal probably has other plans for him that are vastly different from SSM's version. It sucks b/c I really liked that some real time and effort went into creating a character that had the mix of romantic and adrenaline or impulsive that Daniel portrayed very well with his performances. Instead now we get the standard empty BS formula of a guy has sex with a girl he bickers with so he must really be in love. Scott and Abby's introduction as more than just adversaries has ruined any chance of taking them seriously as a viable couple.

Soulsistah

Postby Soulsistah » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:53 pm

You said it! Scott has been rewritten in lightening speed like we didn’t just watch months of him befriending Sharon and then develop real feelings for her. But then Mal decided he wanted to prop brain dead Abby and pair Scott with her. To which I say :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: No one is buying airhead Abby as being in the same league as Sharon. :lol: :lol: Already Scabby is being ripped to shreds on social media because they’re so contrived and rushed! Abby the garden tool is only fit to lick Sharon’s boots. It’s not that I even liked Sharon with Scott; I never did. But Abby? :lol: Scabby will tank. Badly. And as for Scott, he should take that job in NY and scram because Abby will ruin him even further. Look at what’s happened to all of Abby’s previous pairings...where are those guys now? GONE. :twisted: I can’t but laugh.

Sharon is still stunning, kind, gracious considerate and a great supportive mom. I am beyond thrilled she was finnaly allowed to return to her strong, independent self - finishing her college degree no less, because she was always a smart cookie in high school. Applause to the show, to Sally Sussman, for returning our Bill Bell Sharon!! :D Sharon Case is rocking the role per usual. She is so pretty and I love that she’s interacting again with more characters - even Victor has been civil to her! Yes, after so much bias, heartache and misogyny in the writing for her I really enjoy seeing the real Sharon back on our screens. And clearly, she’s still super popular around here. ;) Front and centre is where she belongs. :mrgreen:

dawn888

Postby dawn888 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:46 am

he deserves abby, the character was fine in the beginning, but he's turned into a total wuss now. It was embarrassing watching both victoria and abby talk to him the way he did, he can't even stand up for himself. this breakup can't happen soon enough for me, besides its looking like nick/sharon might be closer. still my fav. couple.

ANorris

Postby ANorris » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:34 am

Even though I know that eventually Sharon and Nick will reunite I still liked Scott when he first came on to the show! I liked that he was a bright investigative journalist and I liked how he and Sharon seemed to fall for each other, slowly and completely! I have no idea why they turned the Scott character into such a knob! I would have expected that he could have discussed his stress issues with Sharon before the "Zack Thing" OR I would have expected that the bright man would have discussed what happened with his stress break down and the Abbey situations! I have lost a ton of respect for Scott unfortunately- Sharon deserves better

Return to “The Young and the Restless”