New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby bee242424 » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:23 am

PixiePower wrote:Totally agree with both of you Dawn and CF! It just seems so absurd that a veteran character like Sharon can not have a good believable story and a redeeming one. Get rid of this dang bipolar illness and write her back the way Bell wrote her. She is a legacy character for gosh sakes so give her a back ground story. She's been on the show for going on 21 years so she more than deserves one!! :evil:

So true! I will be so glad when she is out of Fairview and no longer at the mercy of the evil Dr. and her "drug regimen" .
SC deserves a great story and she shouldn't be back burned to 2/3 episodes a month. Everyone else gets redeemed or forgiven by the GC peeps, all but Sharon.

Postby deceived » Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:36 am

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Sharon fans... she is a trooper!!! A professional veteran Y&R can be proud of...

Postby habbyfan » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Yesterday's CDN.eppy was the 'Poor Me' episode of Nick at the cabin with his memories of all the women who hurt him 'that is the way he sees it' the only woman who dosen't give him flack 'Nikki',the dog who would not leave,oh well animals like him and his eventual accident with the bear trap ...

The writers have outdone themselves!

CF said it all .... if the writers wanted to they could end the saga tomorrow ... but it dosen't look that way.

We would all jump ship if Sharon went on to another show.

Team Sharon!!!!

Postby Soulsistah » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:28 pm

First, Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Given the madness going on in the world, we have much to be thankful for today and every day that we have our health, family and friends. :|

How much damage control went into the decision to air that Nick-centric episode again - for Thanksgiving no less? :shock: My goodness, I think it's clear how much damage has been done to the character Nick for his cruel treatment of Sharon over the past few years and I am convinced that episode was to try and make viewers sympathetic to his character. Nick is the one who has hurt many women in his life, Sharon especially. Can you imagine as a woman your daughter dying from a car accident, then your louse of a husband has an affair with the town tramp (Phyllis, as if we could forget) to soothe his man pain and knocks her up? Sharon earned every ounce of support IMO from that day forward. Nick first cheated on Sharon with her BFF and then she cheated, so the score card for Shick was even at the point Cassie was killed.he TPTB think that eppy makes us feel empathy, they are clueless. But then again, we already know they are based on the writing for Sharon. :roll:

ITA that IF the writers wanted to redeem Sharon and write her more in character with the way Sharon used to be, they would. But they simply have no interest in spite of the years of outcry from soap watchers and critics alike. They don't want Sharon to move past her illness and want her stuck in this sadistic cycle of building her up for a few moments of happiness, only to relish the idea of tearing her back down again. From what I am seeing, most people are just tired of it. We know Sharon fans like us are. Sharon is not a bad person, never was, never will be. Bill Bell originated her as a heroine who makes mistakes but is kind and has a good heart. She doesn't do things out of malice, spite, selfishness or revenge, like several other characters. Over the years, we have seen that when she makes a mistake, she apologizes for it, then she moves on and does everyone else. But they won't let Sharon do that now. Why? As already mentioned, every other character has been allowed to move past their difficulties, whether mental, physical or emotional, but not Sharon. It reeks of something sinister because it's clear they know how popular the character is still in spite of the horrendous storylines she gets otherwise they would have killed her off by now. It was rumoured MAB tried to and instead she got the boot. :lol: I sure hope that was the case as lesson for messing with our gal. :twisted: I remember a lot of people were disgusted with the Shictor s/l and rightly so. MAB deserved her firing for that debauchery. I can't imagine anyone enjoying what bordered on near-incest. :o This latest sadistic storyline is just more proof of what has been said. There was absolutely no need to drag Sharon into the mess that Sage is, but they needed a guarantee of viewer support and I believe Sharon was that guarantee. We support Sharon no matter what, but I think Pratt's plan may backfire as even Sharon fans are tuning out from watching this horror show because it's an inhumane storyline for Sharon and Dylan, both of whom have lost children already! To do this to them to prop Sage I think will create more backlash, which I'm a-ok with. Some how I'm sure the writers will spin it so Sharon is the "bad" guy and manipulated this kidnapping, but we know that's bunk. The only person that should pay a heavy price for this sickness is Dr. A and her alone. Sharon is as much a victim in the Dr.'s monstrous plan as anyone. In fact, I believe her and Dylan will be the most hurt in the end and will be deserving of ALL the sympathy. Few seem to really care about Nage, so I forsee a lot more outrage coming for Shylan when they are devastated again at losing a child they were deceived into believing was there (all of the insulting stupidity in the writing aside). The cruelty of that, after what Adam did, is beyond words

I have already stopped watching this crap fest because I could not support Pratt's insulting writing on all levels any longer. If Sharon Case left, I would not give a flying hoot about the show and wouldn't even bother reading up. The Y&R era would be over for me forever. Team Sharon!!

Postby Soulsistah » Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:36 pm

ETA - excuse the typos/grammar issues. This site froze up bad when I was typing and trying to edit and it wouldn't allow me to after a few minutes. :?: Oh well, you all get my point. :D Again, have a wonderful Thanksgiving Sharon fans! :mrgreen:

Return to “The Young and the Restless”