New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Y&R lovers! Here's your chance to rant and rave about everything in Genoa City!
Nezy

Re: New: No Bashing Sharon Thread

Postby Nezy » Mon May 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Blue 501 wrote:
Nezy wrote:^ Yes the writing was terrible for almost every single character, and IMO its the reason why we are at a point with the show where people have given up on the show to a degree. I think LML, MAB, PRATT/JFP have all lead to me not tuning in as consistently as I once did. So much bad writing, OOC characters, confusing or down right stupid plot points for the last 10+ years has taken its toll. I feel for Mal, b/c although I don't like some of his storylines, at least they are more character driven and I can recognize who vet characters are again.

They lose loyal viewers when they take beloved characters & write them as doing such horrible things IMHO. If we cannot even like a single character, where is the incentive to have any loyalty to the show, right?

True. I know people like to talk about the past and how it should stay there, but when the past was so ahead of its time the present doesn't compare then whats a viewer to do. When I watched in the mid 90s there were characters who were clearly defined, and although they either regress, grow, or evolve its never to the point where you have no idea who you are looking at anymore. They did this to sharon, and it got so bad that even viewers that weren't fond of the character in the past started calling foul. Myself and many people I know who still watch were fed up with her being the scapegoat and the villain, and writing her so close to the edge ended up backfiring on the network IMO. She's just one example of taking things too far and now b/c of it there is no one who's as root worthy as they use to be.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue May 22, 2018 12:48 am

Soaps91 wrote:Sharon Case has given all that she’s got given the storylines she’s had over the years. I’ve read a lot of posts on here regarding Maria Anna Bell’s portrayal of Sharon Newman. I haven’t watched during the Shick/Shack/Phick years. What really threw me for a loop, was the way Sharon just took all of Nick/Phyllis’ BS. First of all, what wife wouldn’t be tempted to beat the he11 out of the mistress who’s sleeping with her husband? Really?!?!

We saw Dru go all into full-blown knockdown drag out mode with Neil’s mistresses. Sharon just confronted Nick & Phyllis. No real divorce. Yeah, I get it. She slept with Brad & they had a full-blown affair JUST like Phick (Even though it was a One-Night stand, it still justifies what Phick did, so because Sharon had the audacity to turn to someone else, be it wrong, she should be punished.) Brad was only marrying Victoria because of her last name, so naturally, he was a gold digger. When she found out about Shrad’s tryst, she pulled a Nick (Slept with Grace after learning about Diego affair) & slept with JT, who’s returned 10 years later & has suddenly become an abuser, buried 6 ft. Under.

Shadam - I would’ve been all for a pairing IF the whole babynapping thing hadn’t happened. Shictor? Dylan? Too bland. Scott? Too much.

I would’ve written the Summer paternity storyline differently. Nick would’ve taken some, if not all the responsibility for his 18-year lie. He kidnapped Summer from Jack (just as some feel that Sharon kidnapped Christian) because he wanted to fill the void that he felt when Cassie died. He was the one who let her go out to “The movies”. But he didn’t know that she was actually going to an party full of teenage boys/girls & alcohol.

It was really Nick’s “Bear trap Lover” that lied all the way to her death about Christian’s true paternity. Sage saw that he was the brother of Adam (who was posing as her beloved Gabriel Bingham at the time). All that was forgotten once Sharon kidnapped the son she thought was Nick’s, but is now known as Adam’s, thanks to Chelsea.

People always go into the whole, "How could Nick even look at her? She's cheated on him thoughout the marriage & screwed the whole family!" Well, so did Brooke Logan. She screwed her way through the Spencers AND Forresters Plus more men, but Ridge still loves her & they have a destiny. So, why not for Shick? If Bridge & Niktor are destined to be together, then why can't we have ours?

Then there's the anger when Sharon's fans deflect. when they do this, they're attacked for viewing her as a saint, & excusing her for her actions. They get attacked for the "But Phyllis did this & more" comments, but they sure can dflect "But Sharon" when it comes to defending Phyllis. :roll: That just goes to show you just how good Michelle Stafford & Sharon Case were together. :D They did showcase the best rivalry on screen.

I really enjoy Sharon & Gina's scenes together, especially in the "Who killed JT?" s/l.
I hope that when the JT secret is revealed, like many have said, Nick understands that she was protecting his mom & sister.

I stand by the fact that the real issue is that Nick didn't love Phyllis like he did sharon, and by nick going back to sharon time and again trivializes what Phyllis meant to him. Its still a competition, its still in that faze but I no longer care. I want Nick to be with the woman he's always loved, and I want sharon to be with the man she's always loved. The fact that its not acceptable for sharon to get her husband back, the man she has so much history with, and the man she wants is not the characters problem.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Tue May 22, 2018 8:11 pm

LDCOOL wrote:I'm loving the scenes with Sharon , Victoria , and Phyllis. :D :mrgreen:

I find sharon and Phyllis humorous but this cover up ruins it all for me. Watching these women in other scenes has been refreshing. I am burnt out on this dumb secret plot and I wish things can be exposed so all the women are free from it. I don't want them this bonded, b/c this secret is just taken away from the characters, its turning all four women into cartoons IMO. I can't watch that, especially when they are some of my favorite people to watch.

TigerEyes017

Postby TigerEyes017 » Tue May 22, 2018 8:30 pm

I was hoping Sharon would tell Nick. I hope Nick understand she was protecting his mother. I believe he will, after he thinks about it.

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Thu May 24, 2018 2:15 pm

Okay, I decided since I am sick that I will watch y&r today. I saw the previews before the show began, and they showed old clips of nick and sharon from what looks like 12/13 years ago and I can't believe how much SC still looks just as beautiful now. I had to say that, I don't want to focus to much on an actor's looks, but I couldn't ignore it. Just gorgeous.

NJenkins

Postby NJenkins » Thu May 24, 2018 6:40 pm

I agree Nezy she is a beauty!! She always has been. Gotta give credit where credit is due. She takes good care of herself as anyone can see.

Soaps91

Postby Soaps91 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Nezy wrote:
Soaps91 wrote:Sharon Case has given all that she’s got given the storylines she’s had over the years. I’ve read a lot of posts on here regarding Maria Anna Bell’s portrayal of Sharon Newman. I haven’t watched during the Shick/Shack/Phick years. What really threw me for a loop, was the way Sharon just took all of Nick/Phyllis’ BS. First of all, what wife wouldn’t be tempted to beat the he11 out of the mistress who’s sleeping with her husband? Really?!?!

We saw Dru go all into full-blown knockdown drag out mode with Neil’s mistresses. Sharon just confronted Nick & Phyllis. No real divorce. Yeah, I get it. She slept with Brad & they had a full-blown affair JUST like Phick (Even though it was a One-Night stand, it still justifies what Phick did, so because Sharon had the audacity to turn to someone else, be it wrong, she should be punished.) Brad was only marrying Victoria because of her last name, so naturally, he was a gold digger. When she found out about Shrad’s tryst, she pulled a Nick (Slept with Grace after learning about Diego affair) & slept with JT, who’s returned 10 years later & has suddenly become an abuser, buried 6 ft. Under.

Shadam - I would’ve been all for a pairing IF the whole babynapping thing hadn’t happened. Shictor? Dylan? Too bland. Scott? Too much.

I would’ve written the Summer paternity storyline differently. Nick would’ve taken some, if not all the responsibility for his 18-year lie. He kidnapped Summer from Jack (just as some feel that Sharon kidnapped Christian) because he wanted to fill the void that he felt when Cassie died. He was the one who let her go out to “The movies”. But he didn’t know that she was actually going to an party full of teenage boys/girls & alcohol.

It was really Nick’s “Bear trap Lover” that lied all the way to her death about Christian’s true paternity. Sage saw that he was the brother of Adam (who was posing as her beloved Gabriel Bingham at the time). All that was forgotten once Sharon kidnapped the son she thought was Nick’s, but is now known as Adam’s, thanks to Chelsea.

People always go into the whole, "How could Nick even look at her? She's cheated on him thoughout the marriage & screwed the whole family!" Well, so did Brooke Logan. She screwed her way through the Spencers AND Forresters Plus more men, but Ridge still loves her & they have a destiny. So, why not for Shick? If Bridge & Niktor are destined to be together, then why can't we have ours?

Then there's the anger when Sharon's fans deflect. when they do this, they're attacked for viewing her as a saint, & excusing her for her actions. They get attacked for the "But Phyllis did this & more" comments, but they sure can dflect "But Sharon" when it comes to defending Phyllis. :roll: That just goes to show you just how good Michelle Stafford & Sharon Case were together. :D They did showcase the best rivalry on screen.

I really enjoy Sharon & Gina's scenes together, especially in the "Who killed JT?" s/l.
I hope that when the JT secret is revealed, like many have said, Nick understands that she was protecting his mom & sister.

I stand by the fact that the real issue is that Nick didn't love Phyllis like he did sharon, and by nick going back to sharon time and again trivializes what Phyllis meant to him. Its still a competition, its still in that faze but I no longer care. I want Nick to be with the woman he's always loved, and I want sharon to be with the man she's always loved. The fact that its not acceptable for sharon to get her husband back, the man she has so much history with, and the man she wants is not the characters problem.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. Sharon & Nick have continued to love each other through the years. Through the good & the bad. Just like Victor & Nikki. Nick shouldn't have cheated on her with Phyllis & she shouldn't have slept with Brad. Somehow, someway, the Shrad "Affair" outweighed the Phick affair.

It frustrates me to no end how Nikki never sees the fact that her "Perfect Son" has always been flawed. I'm with you when it comes to no longer caring about the competition. It doesn't matter how toxic they are. The truth of the matter is, they'll never work with other people, no matter who the writers set them up with.

However, I am glad they are slowly building back up, even if it was a little too rushed. I think it's seen as unacceptable by some because of all the lies/schemes/manipulations Sharon (Not Nick, as always :evil::evil: ) have told over the years as we're often reminded again & again. Nikki sure doesn't bite her tongue when it comes to hashing out her former Daughter-In-Law's colorful past, but acts oh so appalled when her deeds are thrown back in her face :roll:. I wish she & Sharon would be civil like Brooke & Stephanie were till the end of her run on B&B.

Nick has never loved any woman the way he loves Sharon. His mouth told Sharon that he loves Phyllis, but his actions said otherwise. He was jealous & couldn't stand the fact that she was involved with other men, often sharing his opinion & he was never called a manipulative schemer. Only she was labled one.

When Mariah first came onto the scene posing as Cassie , he voiced his concern about her becoming too attached to her, because he cared. Sharon was, is, & will always be the love of his life. He can't stay angry at her for long, just as his mother can't stay angry at his father (Which to me is very bizarre, but hey, to each is own). :lol:

Nezy

Postby Nezy » Thu May 24, 2018 9:08 pm

^I completely agree. I don't mind nick in other relationships, and I do believe he's loved other women including Phyllis, but it was never on the same level as he did sharon. Sharon was through the stratosphere which is why he gives her such a hard time with her mistakes, all the while continuing to fall in love with her over and over again. Thats not sharon's problem, she's the love of his life, and she's entitled to love him and want him and be there for him whether its liked or not.

Its just such an issue with the sharon vs. Phyllis thing, when it was never really a competition. Cassie's death was what shick couldn't get past, it had nothing to do with lack of love or attraction, and nick's constant need to be with sharon and near sharon despite it all just further solidifies that fact. It was never really about Phyllis, it was not about a great love with Phyllis although he did love her, which is why sharon remained the one treated like his wife nick's entire marriage to Phyllis. Sharon has every right to the life she wanted with nick before tragedy struck, and no matter how in denial people can be nick doesn't want anyone but sharon. Its nick who's the issue, its always been nick who could never move on!!

Return to “The Young and the Restless”